AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 16:49   Link #2401
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
By the way how expensive is AmiAmi's shipping? I heard it was crazy expensive.
I've used them much more than anywhere else, so I can't really compare them (especially since the other places I've bought from I used SAL shipping for) to any other store. Like I said earlier though, my shipping on VN02 was ¥3040, so I'd suggest comparing that to what you paid over at Hobby Search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutechocopockiikissu View Post
Moou, its only on certin thing. only old stuf noone wants no more..
The only things I could see people wanting that are actually good and still cheap are Viral, and possibly these Idolm@ster Revoltechs.

Although, these prize figures might be worth buying just to laugh at.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 18:37   Link #2402
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
These two are amazing

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10114039

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10111658

Old 2010-07-06, 20:03   Link #2403
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

The swimsuit version is tempting, but I'm happy with the one I got.

Still one of my favorites over two years after getting her.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:05   Link #2404
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone have any experience with Hobby Search Japan?

I'm thinking of just making a permanent switch to them since their prices seem pretty cheap and they offer a credit system that allows you to just use them on any of their products (from what I've read).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:05   Link #2405
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post

Woah this is awesome, but probably is hard to get now, just like the Alter Haruhi I want
Old 2010-07-07, 02:34   Link #2406
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:

Missed that one, but got this instead:

Old 2010-07-07, 02:52   Link #2407
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone have any experience with Hobby Search Japan?

I'm thinking of just making a permanent switch to them since their prices seem pretty cheap and they offer a credit system that allows you to just use them on any of their products (from what I've read).
I buy most of my merch from them, and I say you should stick with them, especially because now their 5-10% off sale is now permanent. The shipping is a bit iffy, though; when I ordered my Alter Kudryavka Noumi through them with EMS, she was packed in a box about 50% larger than her box, and they used thin brown paper for stuffing. It doesn't sound good, nor did it look sufficient at first, but considering that the shipping box got murdered in the post, I was thanking the heavens that the figure box was in pristine condition. Maybe paper works? I'm hoping that my VN02 Miku box won't go through the same abuse.

Oh yeah, another thing about HB is that their Customer Services doesn't speak fluent English. I mean, it's not on a Moetan level of bad, it's actually pretty good considering where the people of Hobby Search are coming from; but if you're a grammar nazi like I am sometimes, try to turn your English torpedos off when you communicate with them.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:01   Link #2408
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:

It's the favourite of my collection too. I stumbled across images of the figure is someone profile right after I started posting here last year and I just had to get one.

Best purchase so far.

I've also got the Swim Suit Ver. on order so they should make quite spectacle posting next to one another.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:39   Link #2409
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Nooooooooooooooooo!
Only 100 dollars are going to be left from all the money I had, Ozzfest is coming to Israel and I must go to this concert, Ozzy, Korn and more bands! (I hope Primus will join)
And unfortunately these are my last 100$ so I'll have to save them for something other then figures, comfort me AnimeSuki
Old 2010-07-07, 12:55   Link #2410
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Nooooooooooooooooo!
Only 100 dollars are going to be left from all the money I had, Ozzfest is coming to Israel and I must go to this concert, Ozzy, Korn and more bands! (I hope Primus will join)
And unfortunately these are my last 100$ so I'll have to save them for something other then figures, comfort me AnimeSuki
It's time to sell that kidney you're never going to need.
Old 2010-07-07, 20:12   Link #2411
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Or kids you don't need, you only have 2 kidney and they're free, kids cost a lot of money and you can always make more
Old 2010-07-07, 23:02   Link #2412
Kudryavka

Thank someone that EMS finally has started to send Los Angeles bound packages to Los Angeles customs. Before, they would send it to San Fran customs, then plane it down here, which is pretty Why The Heck to me. Now it'll cut a day of shipping off of my packages' times, I hope.

Is San Fran like the most popular port for Asian packages or something?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 00:38   Link #2413
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
I've used them much more than anywhere else, so I can't really compare them (especially since the other places I've bought from I used SAL shipping for) to any other store. Like I said earlier though, my shipping on VN02 was ¥3040, so I'd suggest comparing that to what you paid over at Hobby Search.

The only things I could see people wanting that are actually good and still cheap are Viral, and possibly these Idolm@ster Revoltechs.

Although, these prize figures might be worth buying just to laugh at.
This seems pretty decent for the price it's going at:
http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG71186

Sure, the character design is pretty strange, but you can take the weird eye patch off, and she looks better. The craftsmanship is pretty decent too.
Old 2010-07-08, 01:15   Link #2414
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not to be that off-topic, but I'm kinda nervous about my first anime purchase, in the form of the September 2010 issue of Megami. (I want that BRS DVD badly.)

First of all, I don't have any idea on where to order; luckily, someone pointed me to Hobby Search which has an ongoing shipping discount on all PayPal transactions. Which leads me to the next two concerns: having a bank account and a PayPal account.

I'm going to try opening a savings account within the week so that I could link myself to PayPal. I'm also hearing some stuff about being able to access PayPal without using credit cards. Is it a legal and possible option?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 02:35   Link #2415
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm going to try opening a savings account within the week so that I could link myself to PayPal. I'm also hearing some stuff about being able to access PayPal without using credit cards. Is it a legal and possible option?
You can access paypal using a debit card. Technically speaking, paypal only uses your bank account as a reserve for funds, so if money is in your paypal account,y ou wont need your debit/credit card to withfraw those funds. The problem is getting funds into your paypal account. Which you either need to transact that money out of your bank account, or you need some one to send the money to your bank account.
Old 2010-07-08, 02:40   Link #2416
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So a savings account is enough for the transaction? If so, then I'll just have to apply for one and use it to send my payment to PayPal.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 04:20   Link #2417
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutechocopockiikissu View Post
Moou, its only on certin thing. only old stuf noone wants no more..

Oh really? I just bought queen Aldra, it's not that "old", the price was amazing (1,800  yen) and waht the hell... the figure is so hot (well, maybe not as much "loli" as I like them but... xDDDDDDDDDDD)

Damn, the only think I disliked from this purchase is, as ever, HLJ website works terribly bad (nedded 5 Reload -.-' )
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 04:27   Link #2418
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
What the....

Scary, mate, scary.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 04:52   Link #2419
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Oh really? I just bought queen Aldra, it's not that "old", the price was amazing (1,800  yen) and waht the hell... the figure is so hot (well, maybe not as much "loli" as I like them but... xDDDDDDDDDDD)
I bought her too, a few months back when the MegaHouse Sale began. HLJ is always having a Sale and usually it lasts until the product is completely sold out

And they had Uplark's Nia on sale too, not just Viral - IMHO, best figure of her so that was also a good buy

Ordered MegaHouse Nanael too, btw. She will be my second QB figure after Aldra

Old 2010-07-08, 06:42   Link #2420
Starburst
Horo♥

<3 Razor Cock (Aldra)

I bought her a long time ago. She's a really well made figure to be honest, and the razor cock is hilarious as far as I'm concerned. She's got a pretty sexy body otherwise as well.