Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 00:27   Link #81
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The ending was something I would expect from a Zelda game. I don't care much about the story anymore in Zelda games since they're somewhat predictable.
Exactly why Zelda would fall into my trash bin along with just about every other game ever created.
Old 2007-02-05, 03:09   Link #82
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Spoiler for ending:
It is true, but it is possible that it will not be true someday. At least I hope someday we'll see a bit of variance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The ending was something I would expect from a Zelda game. I don't care much about the story anymore in Zelda games since they're somewhat predictable. I just play the games because they are just fun and filled with cool dungeons, weapons, and boss fights.
Ditto. But unfortunately Twilight Princess doesn't deliver as much on that front either. I'm only half-way through right now, but the challenges are so dull that I could finish this game while half-asleep. Quite frankly, I suck at difficult video game battles, but I haven't died even once.
Spoiler for Sand Dungeon:

As for the puzzles, none of them slowed me down much either. I have not once been tempted, not even a little bit, to head over to gamefaqs.com. At least the dungeons are really cool. The water dungeon was absolutely beautiful and well laid out.

I miss the challenging battles and puzzles of Link to the Past, Ocarina of time or (my personal favorite) Majora's Mask. This is a very weak addition to the franchise.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 16:27   Link #83
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Ditto. But unfortunately Twilight Princess doesn't deliver as much on that front either. I'm only half-way through right now, but the challenges are so dull that I could finish this game while half-asleep. Quite frankly, I suck at difficult video game battles, but I haven't died even once.
Spoiler for Sand Dungeon:

As for the puzzles, none of them slowed me down much either. I have not once been tempted, not even a little bit, to head over to gamefaqs.com. At least the dungeons are really cool. The water dungeon was absolutely beautiful and well laid out.

I miss the challenging battles and puzzles of Link to the Past, Ocarina of time or (my personal favorite) Majora's Mask. This is a very weak addition to the franchise.
LoL, now that you mention it, not counting falling, I think I died like once... to one of the minibosses. Were the N64 games much harder? I was mostly writing off the difference as me being like 12 when I played those games. (I only ever finished OoT... I was prone to distraction ^^; )

It didn't really bother me anyways... I liked the light level of challenge... I mostly liked the Zelda games for the sense of adventure or discovery or w/e. I like seeing new places and getting new toys.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 17:58   Link #84
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Ehhh, game was fun while it lasted. I took my time with this one.
Anyways, not as epic as OOT (though the experience of the transition from 2d to 3d can never be duplicated ever again) but was certainly nice to look at. I braved the Cave of Ordeals, but was molested to death by the last three darknuts orz
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 13:16   Link #85
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the n64 games were harder, especially majora's mask.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 20:03   Link #86
cdtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Still think that the Windwaker had the most anime'ish graphics, thanks to cel-shading, even though the rest of the game was rather boring. The style was similar to Zelda 3 and I wouldn't had minded if they had kept it.
Heh, I kind of felt OOT could be boring too, with the constant racing back and forth between areas... Link to the Past at least had constant enemies on every screen, keeping things from getting too dull, plus the gameplay was naturally faster paced..

Anyways, for completeness sake, here's Soul Calibur Link!

Last edited by cdtm; 2007-02-06 at 20:19.
cdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 20:08   Link #87
cdtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
I have little doubt that the Wii will be the least powerful system, but specs can be misleading (remember when the Gamecube specs came out, and many gamers loudly announced that the specs proved it would be the weakest of the three systems?
They claimed it'd be weaker then the PS2, even? O_o

Although, for the record, a lot of cross platform games don't usually end up looking much better on the Cube then the PS2.. In some cases, like Fight Night Round 2, it could even look slightly worse (Muddy textures and stuff in that game)

Although, that could just be Nintendo getting shafted on dev quality.
cdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 06:53   Link #88
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I have TP and I think it's a major dissapointment.

OOT was awesome.

But this... god the story and gameplay just blows. I really hate twillight princess... N fanboys can defend it all they want, but I think its a waste of time. A rehash of all the other games. I hate it. besides that, Wii is cool.

I understand now why so many people rather are buying Wii Sports and Wii Play than Zelda in japan!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:09   Link #89
Ending

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ending; 2007-02-10 at 10:54.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 12:46   Link #90
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

[QUOTE=Wordplay;827409]
Spoiler:
Fixed that for you .
Old 2007-02-10, 10:57   Link #91
Ending

There was nothing to fix. My choise of words was correct.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 15:33   Link #92
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Although, for the record, a lot of cross platform games don't usually end up looking much better on the Cube then the PS2.. In some cases, like Fight Night Round 2, it could even look slightly worse (Muddy textures and stuff in that game)
Of course, since they didn't bother to optimise it for the GameCube. They just made a PS2 version, then made a shoddy port to the other platforms. A lot of multi-platform games are like that.
Old 2007-02-17, 13:31   Link #93
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It is true, but it is possible that it will not be true someday. At least I hope someday we'll see a bit of variance.
Actually its not a standard
Spoiler:

As I knew from the beginning, what hurted the game was the port to the wii, Nintendo promised the last traditional Zelda game, taking away focus from that and putting it into a not so great remote implementation, given the very traditional structure of the game, did nothing good for the end product. But I really enjoyed the game, I loved all the new things they managed to put in, and Midna is like the best game character ever, but I can't help to be sad that if Nintendo had leave it as a pure GC game we would have a much better game.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 14:53   Link #94
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor View Post
Actually its not a standard
if Nintendo had leave it as a pure GC game we would have a much better game.
So just play the GC version. That's why they made two different versions, you know.
Personally, I loved the extra functionality the Wiimote offered. I've played both versions, and it was a much more immersive (not to mention intuitive) experience on the Wii. But, to each his own.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 17:37   Link #95
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I think you didn't read my post at all.
Old 2007-02-17, 19:30   Link #96
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor View Post
I think you didn't read my post at all.
I read the whole thing. You wish that they hadn't ported it to the Wii because Nintendo promised that it would be "the last traditional Zelda game." If that's the case, why not just play it "traditionally" on the GC? Since you have this option, I really can't see what the issue is.
Old 2007-02-21, 19:31   Link #97
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I did get the GC version, my point is not the game's versions but the game's development time and history, what I would have prefered was that the time used in the development of wii controls to be rather used in refining the last two dungeons for instance. It's a good game, I have no doubt about it, but it would have been better if Nintendo would had only focused in the GC, or the wii, but not in both at the same time.
Old 2007-02-21, 20:30   Link #98
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Ah, I see what mean now.
Obviously Nintendo wanted to boost Wii sales. Frankly, I'm surprised they went ahead and released the GC version.
I do agree with the sentiments on the last two dungeons. Even though they didn't blow my mind like the others, they were still good. Possibly their only true shortcoming is having to follow the best dungeons to ever grace a Zelda game. If they'd been the first dungeons, we'd probably be focusing on them much less. That this would have been "fixed" had Nintendo focused on only one system, though, I doubt. All that was really done differently in the Wii version was a different control scheme and a mirrored world, which isn't that major of an overhaul. The long wait was due to Nintendo wanting the Wii version to launch first for obvious reasons. They were probably sitting on the finished product for several months.
Old 2007-02-22, 04:47   Link #99
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Spoiler for ending:
*whaps Demongod upside the head* WRONG!

Spoiler for Zelda final boses:
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 01:39   Link #100
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

this some how explain a lot of land settings in TP:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-03-08 at 02:22.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote