AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-09, 03:47   Link #641
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Sky Girls brought me back and I liked it so much that I started to watch ~80 shows this year
My first show this year was Fate stay Night ... and I hate the end but after seeing Sky Girls I was encouraged to watch more shows and I stumbled over AnimeSuki

so 10/10 and not less
And I like the intro song even if the Black Lagoon was much better.
Old 2008-07-09, 08:38   Link #642
Solafighter
Hige

Well Sky Girls is an interesting show for me since im a real pilot. But i would never imagen to fly these planes.

All in all, good anime.
Old 2008-07-10, 00:58   Link #643
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Sky Girls brought me back and I liked it so much that I started to watch ~80 shows this year ...
so 10/10 and not less
And I like the intro song even if the Black Lagoon was much better.
Ahh I see well everyone has there own opinions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Well Sky Girls is an interesting show for me since im a real pilot. But i would never imagen to fly these planes.

All in all, good anime.
Interesting do you fly as a commercial, private or military pilot? Ha ha if there's going to be something like the sonic drivers, I would hate wearing the suit but flying it would be the BEST thing in the world. I could die of a happy man!

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-07-10, 04:14   Link #644
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
I would hate wearing the suit
Hahahahahahahahahaha a man in those outfits muhahahah
Oh god kill me that would be one the most disgusting things ever.
Old 2008-07-10, 06:06   Link #645
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Interesting do you fly as a commercial, private or military pilot? Ha ha if there's going to be something like the sonic drivers, I would hate wearing the suit but flying it would be the BEST thing in the world. I could die of a happy man!

Im flying private maschines like Cessnas and Pipers. At the moment, im in a 3 year training to fly Avroliner in this class.
Im owning with 5 other friends a Yak-52 and with this plane, we can do manuevers up to 7 G´s. So it comes close what the girls have to last on force of gravity.

So respect to these 4 little girls.

Last edited by Solafighter; 2008-07-10 at 08:17. Reason: Picture link didnt work. Now it works. ;-)
Old 2008-07-10, 19:47   Link #646
narmi

Quote:
Im flying private maschines like Cessnas and Pipers. At the moment, im in a 3 year training to fly Avroliner in this class.
Im owning with 5 other friends a Yak-52 and with this plane, we can do manuevers up to 7 G´s. So it comes close what the girls have to last on force of gravity.

So respect to these 4 little girls.
Ahh I see well I want to become a commercial pilot and be recruited by an international aviation company. I"m going into BCIT (located in Vancouver Canada) because they have a program that will help me in my dream of becoming a pilot. Heh if I didn't get into BCIT I would have tried to join the Canadian Air force and become a pilot. Hmmm how much is the maintenance for the YAK-52 and what is the price tag you got it for?

Oh yah the girls don't feel the G forces because of the Nanobots protecting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha a man in those outfits muhahahah
Oh god kill me that would be one the most disgusting things ever.
Well there's always something you have to sacrifice to get what you want haahhaah.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-07-11, 23:27   Link #647
JediNight
キズランダム

Finally got around to watching the last few episodes to this show. It follows the rather care-free mood and generic formula straight to the end, but I guess I still like it overall. The pilot outfits are of course LOL, and the art style for the girls in the show is kinda pedo, but I enjoyed the fact they really didn't dwell on it.

Mostly slice of life and heartwarming, with a predictable ending. Not that you watched Sky Girls for the plot ever.

If only Strike Witches wasn't trying to shove some 12 year old's crotch in my face every 20 secs...
Old 2008-07-14, 17:41   Link #648
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Ahh I see well I want to become a commercial pilot and be recruited by an international aviation company. I"m going into BCIT (located in Vancouver Canada) because they have a program that will help me in my dream of becoming a pilot. Heh if I didn't get into BCIT I would have tried to join the Canadian Air force and become a pilot.?

Sorry for the slow reply but i just came back from England.

Since the Yak-52 is not a realy oldtimer, the maintenance is kind of like a commercial prob plane but with little differenzes for example the engine.

Quote:
Hmmm how much is the maintenance for the YAK-52 and what is the price tag you got it for
For this question, i only have a link for you.
http://www.russianaeros.com/running_costs.htm
Old 2008-07-15, 02:25   Link #649
narmi

Quote:
Sorry for the slow reply but i just came back from England.

Since the Yak-52 is not a realy oldtimer, the maintenance is kind of like a commercial prob plane but with little differenzes for example the engine.

For this question, i only have a link for you.
http://www.russianaeros.com/running_costs.htm
Wow.... I surprised at the reasonable maintenance costs for the Yak-52. I thought the maintenance costs would have been (2 times) higher. Hmmm too bad there aren't any fighter jets with reasonable maintenance costs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
If only Strike Witches wasn't trying to shove some 12 year old's crotch in my face every 20 secs...
the continuous flashing of their crotches becomes irritating. Besides that I'm going to put up with it and watch Strike Witches until the end. Oh yah does anyone own any of the Sky girls (MMS) figures? I saw them for sale in a store and my first thought was, "Oh god why did Konami make a contract with MMS to do the figures."

Old 2008-08-11, 04:48   Link #650
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

has anyone posted about these mosnters coming out?
im tempted to get one just to put other figures in it lol
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10072885
Old 2008-08-12, 21:44   Link #651
narmi

I can't remember however, I have seen the figure for Reijin. The figures are awesome but the pilot them selves are extras so don't expect much for the sky girls. I would like to have one but at the moment I'm going into post-secondary/pilot training in September.

Old 2008-08-15, 17:00   Link #652
FatalMemory

This series was great, especially for a mecha.
Ep 22 was the hardest I've laughed at an anime in a long time.
The ending was decent, although I reckon it would've been nice to see a little further in the future, maybe with that little girl they saved from the landslide becoming a Sky Girl or something, or maybe not.

Anyway, I give it 8.5/10.

Oh, and does anyone know the name of the track that plays in all the dramatic dialog parts ?
I'd prefer to not have to DL the whole soundtrack.

Tags
loli, mecha