AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-14, 19:13   Link #3221
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gotta ask where the hell is Taiyang in all of this.
Is it possible that his gonna appear this episode?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 19:30   Link #3222
HandofFate

which kingdom is the one where everyone is named after planets
Old 2016-01-14, 20:02   Link #3223
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm ... not sure there is one?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 00:39   Link #3224
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I didn't really appreciate it. I felt like saying "Ok, we get it. You had it tough. But this isn't about you." I love Blake, but I felt that the show tries too much to play on the smallest violin for her when she's not the only one who's dealing with things.
Blake's concerns at this time might seem unnecessary but I'm thinking it might play into Yang's future development pretty well. Qrow setting Yang onto the chase for Raven might just push Yang to become more callous, and grow slowly into Adam's role for team RWBY. On that note, Raven might just have been the same for team STRQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Gotta ask where the hell is Taiyang in all of this.
Is it possible that his gonna appear this episode?
Probably not until Vale comes under attack or something. Having your daughter get into an incident would be troubling but since he is out on a mission that takes him away from his teaching post, it's probably important enough that he won't return so easily.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 14:30   Link #3225
Tenzen12

Quote:
I didn't really appreciate it. I felt like saying "Ok, we get it. You had it tough. But this isn't about you." I love Blake, but I felt that the show tries too much to play on the smallest violin for her when she's not the only one who's dealing with things.
I sort of don't understand what you mean. Blake acted based on her experiences and in character. Why you see it as something "special". Weiss had issue with Faunus, Ruby is socially awkward and Blake doesn't trust people easily. When it should be explored if not now?

It isn't about her? That's not really reason act out of character.
Old 2016-01-16, 10:14   Link #3226
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 9 title is PvP. Ha!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 13:28   Link #3227
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 9.

Holy shit Jebus H Cripes madre de dios what the fuck.

You could almost see the equivalent of her life leave her eyes as she was literally torn apart limb from limb from torso.

Cinder has made her move. Grimm invasion with hijacked Atlas ships and White Fang airdrops. This season's endgame has begun. Cinder is the queen piece.

I don't feel like going to work anymore...

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-16 at 13:39.
Old 2016-01-16, 14:13   Link #3228
RDNexus

You mean... Penny is really gonna have a bad end? Or was it Pyrrha?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 14:37   Link #3229
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Let us just say that this episode was everything the fandom wanted and everything they didn't want. That gif of Ruby is from this episode and it answers the sheer... brutality of the fight's end. Did I mention it also happens in slow motion?

Also fuck you Cinder you made Ruby cry. It's like watching someone kick a puppy to death, taxidermy the hell out of it and give it back to the dog's little kid owner while laughing in his face. So as such...

Spoiler for image spoiler?:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-16 at 15:42.
Old 2016-01-16, 18:37   Link #3230
RDNexus

Now that I think about it...
As Monty Oum has passed away so early, I wonder how far did he go in the conception of this story's plot, world, inhabitants and so on...
If he left things half-way done, can we trust the rest of his team to carry the story the way he might have wanted?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 21:14   Link #3231
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Now that I think about it...
As Monty Oum has passed away so early, I wonder how far did he go in the conception of this story's plot, world, inhabitants and so on...
If he left things half-way done, can we trust the rest of his team to carry the story the way he might have wanted?
Most likely. They did say that Monty had majority of the story already more or less made at least in the over all direction. If you look at the way the PvP fight was choreographed it was more in tune with his style than the rest of the animators. It's actually very similar to his last Dead Fantasy video of Namine fighting like Penny.

That and... well... I'm sure he was the only one who would have approved of this being done in his pet project...

Spoiler for Painful Soul Crushing Spoilers?:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-16 at 21:30.
Old 2016-01-16, 22:51   Link #3232
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Fucking hell. Monday would have the worst start ever.

That said, I hope that this doesn't mean that it only gets darker from here.
We seriously SERIOUSLY don't want RWBY to be some kind of series worth of the Urobuchi Seal of Despair.
Fans do not understand that RWBY doesn't actually need to go this path.

We need a good story, and a good story isn't always riddled with blood and corpses.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-01-16, 23:26   Link #3233
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Fucking hell. Monday would have the worst start ever.

That said, I hope that this doesn't mean that it only gets darker from here.
We seriously SERIOUSLY don't want RWBY to be some kind of series worth of the Urobuchi Seal of Despair.
Fans do not understand that RWBY doesn't actually need to go this path.

We need a good story, and a good story isn't always riddled with blood and corpses.
You'd actually be surprised at the number of people who actually welcome these dark turns of events.
Old 2016-01-16, 23:32   Link #3234
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
You'd actually be surprised at the number of people who actually welcome these dark turns of events.
And I say SCREW THEM WITH A RUSTY AXE.
These dark stories can, like dark chocolate, be unappetizing when too much is consumed.

It's Fate/Zero all over again. I literally rolled my eyes on every dark situation in the second cour.

Old 2016-01-17, 01:24   Link #3235
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Marcus H. : I guess this is what people call a form of Bile Fascination? I've seen people going "Holy crap producers I want this but I don't want this! Yet at the same time I don't want this but I also want this!"

As ashamed as I am to admit why I am here... I actually came here to board the SS Arkos (so naturally I have an incomplete grasp of what has happened prior to the current episode). Seems I came very late but last week's episode was very entertaining for some reason while having me facepalming at the same time due to the drama.

Looking at the tweets and posts of those who were able to watch the episode, part of me is kinda "Whoa s__t is hitting the fan!" That was quite a depressing turn, but for some reason I can't make myself stop eating my bucket of popcorn. And I'm not usually one for this kind of plot, I'm not one for Urobutcherchi's styles of direction despite watching some of his shows.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 01:58   Link #3236
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't think the SS Arkos is going anywhere any time soon. Or generally anything -kos related. Or anything Penny related. Or any ship of any kind. I mean you have heroic BSODS going around so... yeah.

That and we have a WoR episode next week and some other stuff the week after that, so 2 week break before we get to see the aftermath of the... carnage.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-17 at 02:09.
Old 2016-01-17, 02:10   Link #3237
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope they don't rip off Jean Grey by making Jaune endure Pyrrha's rampage in the future.

Old 2016-01-17, 02:13   Link #3238
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
I hope they don't rip off Jean Grey by making Jaune endure Pyrrha's rampage in the future.
Eh... if anyone's going on a rampage here it might just be Ruby, for obvious reasons, though she's not the type to completely lose her shit.

Then again it was highly likely that Mercury purposely tried to lead her to actually witness what happened in close range, for mindbreak purposes since the two were really close.
Old 2016-01-17, 02:26   Link #3239
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Well, frankly, Blake having that reaction is the most logical. Setting aside Adam issues, which give it an in-story reason, it makes sense from a meta standpoint as well. Ruby is obviously going to trust her implicitly (which sets her up all the more for a fall when Yang eventually does let her down, as all role models eventually do to some degree), and Weiss, the most obvious one to not trust her, needs to show character development. Blake has the most unresolved issues, so they get tied in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Well, it doesn't get much mention, since there are only nine residents.

Oh, wait, eight. That one guy got deported.
Old 2016-01-17, 02:32   Link #3240
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Eh... if anyone's going on a rampage here it might just be Ruby, for obvious reasons, though she's not the type to completely lose her shit.
Yep, that's the point: Ruby's not in the situation to enter rampage mode. She's infinitely more stable than Little Miss Pyrrha who is a ticking time bomb.

Quote:
Then again it was highly likely that Mercury purposely tried to lead her to actually witness what happened in close range, for mindbreak purposes since the two were really close.
I was hoping since Episode 8 that Cinder is starting to overextend, starting from Emerald and Mercury's prolonged presence in the Amity Stadium.
That or either Emerald or Mercury have begun to act too cocky about their position as the right-hand figures for Cinder.

The type of character I hate is the one that seems undefeated because he is depicted as perfect and infallible or because the protagonists are all a bunch of idiots. And it looks like RWBY is heading to the latter scenario. That doesn't matter if it's a hero (Tatsuya Shiba) or villain (Hao Asakura). They both reek the scent of incompetent writing.

Fucking hell, even Ozpin looked like a bumbling freshman in all of this. What the fucking hell is that?

You know what's worse? Cinder's not even the final boss!

We need some resounding victories here, Miles and Kerry, not some victories that merely exist because the villain is considerate.

This is EMBARRASSING.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby