Old 2010-02-18, 07:30   Link #161
game2007

Found this in Naruto Fan Forums:

If those are really drill arms...
Old 2010-02-18, 07:39   Link #162
Battler-kun

Zehahahaha.

Blackbeard D Teach is jsut awesome.
He is gonna replace WB after this, as his names suggests.

Withebeardpirates are pretty much history. Even if Marco becomes the new captain, he won't be on the same level as the other 3 Yonkous!
Old 2010-02-18, 08:16   Link #163
ninetail1989
Dreamer

hmm....not much of a shocker that Akainu got KO in 2 hits...since Ace is dead....blood must be replace with blood...
WB face half gone...?seeing the pics....I seriously wonder how small is WB Brain.....he should be dead...or maybe his brain is more to the other side which didnt get melted away??

I think i know where this story is heading..............Next Chapter 576...

Having this chance, BB will take down all the weaken Marine and Wb...and take credit for all of it....While the Snail is scanning the world thing for the world to see.
then a new age is born where there is no longer any Marine or so called Peace Keeper to keep the Sea in order....
Once again..pirates all around the world will start coming out from their hole and bring choas to all places...and also not to mention that pirates will be killing the crap out of those Once feared and protected Dragon ppl(or whateva the name is)
The sea wil shift into a more danger level as pirates are in Total control now with the total absent of the Marines

O..i forgot to mention...This is when One Piece Series Stop...And COme out with a new Name...One Piece:The New Age

HAHAHA
Old 2010-02-18, 08:37   Link #164
RPNS

WOW just WOW, I am...just Wow

It has been a long time since I felt sad for a charecter death.

Also luffy's mental break dowm was really well done and you know he is going to come out better than ever before.

Hmm I wish other people new how to make a charecter metal break dowm...YES I MEAN YOU KISHI
Old 2010-02-18, 09:02   Link #165
upiro

Man, this chapter is craaaazy!!!

Whitebeard is a beast and loved the way he swatted Akainu and took that guy down. The Blackbeard pirates look really cool and dangerous as well.

But, I seriously think Marco deserves some love as well. The way he took on Akainu and his speech about protecting Luffy and respecting Ace's will was very touching. I think he'll make a great Captain in general.

Which leads me to my question: How strong is Marco with respect to other characters? He's the only guy who took on all 3 Admirals and held his own. I wonder how he'll do in a more extended fight with each of them. But, with his fruit ability and Haki powers, I'm sure he's at the highest league.

If he was a Captain, do you think he can be a Yonkou? He's definitely Whitebeard's foremost lieutenant and he's had the most screentime among the WB pirates (other than WB himself of course).

Btw, where is he at the end of the chapter? Wasn't he next to Akainu when WB attacked him? Shouldn't he be in WB's side of the island? If BB and WB fight, hope Marco takes on one of BB's crew members
Old 2010-02-18, 09:32   Link #166
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Lol. Blackbeard's made a pretty smug entrance. He must have something really devious up his sleeve confronting Whitebeard face-to-face after what just happened and not being afraid.
Old 2010-02-18, 11:26   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Found this in Naruto Fan Forums:
-snip-
If those are really drill arms...
Ugh, I just imagined Catarina wearing Yoko's outfit after seeing that pic...

About Marco, he's seriously impressed me in this war, he didn't do any major damage but he's been keeping up with the admirals quite well. In this chapter too, he tanked Aka Inu's punch extremely well. Whichever side of the island is on doesn't really matter since he can fly, but I think he'll respect WhiteBeard's wish and escape with the others. He and the Whitebeard pirates will protect Luffy until he recovers.

Who I'm really interested in right now is Crocodile. We haven't been shown his reaction to the latest events. What is he going to do now?
Old 2010-02-18, 11:39   Link #168
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Who I'm really interested in right now is Crocodile. We haven't been shown his reaction to the latest events. What is he going to do now?
Anything, Crocodile is wild card of this war,he seems to be against WG and siding with pirates, especially now when he believes that Whitebeard is too weak and sickly to be worth of killing and obtaining revenge.

But he still can attack anyone and everyone and he is unpredictable like a desert storm.

Luffy is out of count of this war, he has done his part and I am very glad that he didnt go to SSJ or any other bullshit powerup to beat Akainu.

Epicbeard is epic incarnate, he has certainly lived up the hype and he keeps up kicking marine ass even with half of his face burned, multiple stab wounds and piercings.
Old 2010-02-18, 12:09   Link #169
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Anyonen wondering how Garp is gonna be punished for all this? He allowed Ace to escape, Luffy to get past him and he wants to go kill a fellow marine, personally I think it was stupid for Sengoku to even make Garp go considering the person dying is his grandson and the rescuer was his blood grandson.
Probably no punishment; nothing serious anyway...
The main reason they haven't touched Garp up till this point is because he's pretty much regarded as a world famous hero. Taking any serious action against him would cause a huge political backlash from the public. They need damn good reasoning to punish him if they want to limit the backlash. And seeing his performance before he got knocked away by Luffy, there's no way you could make the public believe that he just letLuffy get passed him and for Ace to escape; especially when you consider Sen Goku also failed to stop them.

and when it comes to it, Garp did seem really gun ho to stop Luffy... it's just at the last second his heart got the better of him and held back enough to get sent flying
Old 2010-02-18, 12:10   Link #170
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Whitebeard = BEAST.
Old 2010-02-18, 12:39   Link #171
PrototypeX2

Seeing Akainu defeated is rather sad and happy at the same time.Must agree that he got it coming by owning the entire Whitebeard legend single handedly but damn, that guy was one hell of a monster even among admirals.
Old 2010-02-18, 13:43   Link #172
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Awesome chapter. Even though I'm usually in favor of the bad guys winning, I admit that Akainu got what he deserved. I was a little surprised that Akainu got hit badly from behind by Whitebeard. You would think he would be more alert/aware of his surroundings.

But the highlight of this chapter for me was the entrance of the new and improved Blackbeard crew. I LOVE the designs of Catarina Devon, Basco Shot, "Colossal Battleship" San Juan Wolf, and the unknown guy with the drill arms. They really look like true pirates ("scum of the sea", as Sengoku would say ).

Whitebeard is most definitely going to want to engage Blackbeard in a fight, since this whole mess started because of him. But, it is his anger and persistence that will lead to his downfall. He is critically wounded right now, so he'll pretty much be digging his own grave by challenging Blackbeard.
Old 2010-02-18, 14:10   Link #173
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 575
This was a pretty good chapter. It gets better and better. I wonder what White Beard is going to do. The Marines are trapped between White Beard and Black Beard. I am also wondering what kind of exchange of words White Beard and Black Beard are going to have in the next chapter?

Admiral Akainu
I hope he lives through this. This would be a waist of a good character. I never thought Admiral Akainu and White Beard were this far apart in power. Seeing Admiral Akainu take shots at White Beard in Chapter 568 and fighting him throughout the War. But White Beard threw Admiral Akainu like he was trash.

Black Beard
Right now it looks like he has 4 extra people in his crew. I am curious to see were Black Beard stands among the pirate. Seeing him fight ace but loose to the Warden Makes me think his power is not enough just yet to be Yonkou. But then again he went up against Shanks.

Quote:
Originally posted By Blackbeard D. Kuma
Whitebeard is most definitely going to want to engage Blackbeard in a fight, since this whole mess started because of him. But, it is his anger and persistence that will lead to his downfall. He is critically wounded right now, so he'll pretty much be digging his own grave by challenging Blackbeard.
White Beard
Don't underestimate White Beard. He not as emotional like ace was. He can control himself. He is a Yonkou and you don't survive as long as he as by being emotional and stupid. My questions is what is he going to do now that Black Beard is here? It may have started with Black Beard but White Beard told Ace to let this murderer of the crew mate go. So I don't see how White Beard could put the blame on Black Beard when it was Ace who went on his own and against White Beard's orders. Second we don't know what the meeting between White Beard and Shanks was all about. Sure we know little bit of the beginning of the meeting but what about the rest of the meeting. In my view White Beard not done yet. I also want to know how the Marines will respond?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2010-02-18 at 14:39. Reason: Forgot to add a Idea
Old 2010-02-18, 14:15   Link #174
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Well, Whitebeard is already looking his death in the face welcomingly, so I don't think that's too much of a concern for him. What I think he should worry about more is getting revenge for his fallen son before his death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post

Admiral Akainu
I hope he lives through this. This would be a waist of a good character. I never thought Admiral Akainu and White Beard were this far apart in power. Seeing Admiral Akainu take shots at White Beard in Chapter 568 and fighting him throughout the War. But White Beard threw Admiral Akainu like he was trash.
I'm not all that surprised about it, actually... I was well-settled in the fact that there's a world of difference between Whitebeard and everyone else. What I'm more surprised about, actually, is that this didn't happen two chapters ago before Ace died. It looked like it was about to (that is, Whitebeard destroying Marineford and owning Akainu), but then Ace went and got killed.

I haven't seen too much mention of Luffy (though admittedly, I only skimmed this forum thus far) and his predicament. The power of the Horu Horu no mi is in the hormones combining with the will to live of the 'patient'... since Luffy's will has just been crushed by this heart-wrenching tragedy and defeat, I wonder how he's going to get out of this one. Maybe he'll have to come to terms with Ace's death sooner than expected....

Edit: Did anybody see if they took Ace's body with them, or if they forgot it in their frantic rush to get away from the exploding Whitebeard?

Last edited by lonewolf777; 2010-02-18 at 14:24. Reason: Forgot something
Old 2010-02-18, 15:13   Link #175
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Whitebeard two hit smack of love, the best one - two in manga history
Old 2010-02-18, 15:24   Link #176
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Edit: Did anybody see if they took Ace's body with them, or if they forgot it in their frantic rush to get away from the exploding Whitebeard?
Ace was there when Epic-beard (to use Prestige's new name for Whitebeard ) bitch-slapped Akainu, but when the canyon/ravine is formed, there is no real indicator as to Ace's position. If he fell, then that should have been emphasized, but since it was not emphasized, I expect that someone managed to grab Ace before he fell into the Sea.
Old 2010-02-18, 15:38   Link #177
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Technically he would be Epic-Mustache-guy.
Old 2010-02-18, 17:25   Link #178
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Lord, yet another break. One Piece has been having a lot of breaks recently. Possibly from the massive two page panels. they have been having.

I mostly just want this to be over with so they can have the crew together again. Though, I am weary about this whole change Oda talked about. Something about the Strong World movie being Luffy's last adventure as a 17yo.
Old 2010-02-18, 17:29   Link #179
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Oh wow, now the Blackbeard pirates have joined the fray.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-18, 17:32   Link #180
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Lord, yet another break. One Piece has been having a lot of breaks recently. Possibly from the massive two page panels. they have been having.

I mostly just want this to be over with so they can have the crew together again. Though, I am weary about this whole change Oda talked about. Something about the Strong World movie being Luffy's last adventure as a 17yo.
I love the art. Almost every character in OP are well detailed and have something special in them. And compared to other top series which uses lot of usual patterns in character designs like uniforms, OP has tons of more characters which all use special clothing. Also backgrounds are well planed, you can actually build those places with your imagination, when many other series uses scenes where we are almost always lost sense of place.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Closed Thread