AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 02:24   Link #2041
JediNight
キズランダム

Nobody noticed Keena had a sudden "possession" moment for a bit there, then snapped out of it?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 03:20   Link #2042
Dahak86
Classics never age

mmhh, You just made me remember what Divine said on RC -> http://randomc.net/2010/06/05/ichiba...no-daimaou-10/
Spoiler for keena/divine:

um, interesting theory/prediction.
but I'd go for split-personality, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-06-06 at 08:41.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 04:49   Link #2043
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Nobody noticed Keena had a sudden "possession" moment for a bit there, then snapped out of it?
Uhm... probably the first thing I noticed the entire ep?

I've been looking out for these moments since episode 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
mmhh, You just made me remember what Divine said on RC -> http://randomc.net/2010/06/05/ichiba...no-daimaou-10/

um, interesting theory/prediction. but I'd go for split-personality, as I mentioned in my previous post.
It sounds like an interesting theory... if we didn't know that already

She's a containment vessel, but how the containment happens Yamato apparently forgot to mention it, her birthday is still effectively ongoing, so when she get's her new body may still be in progress, but for the very same God who tried to kill her suddenly use her to denounce war and boomboxes?

It would make sense if we imagine Keizou got his orders from Yamato, but Korone pretty much confirmed he got his orders from Suhara, or rather they wouldn't do anything to stop it. Another believable method would be if these gods really aren't cooperating with each other, and that only one of them has using her, but at this point Suhara using her, if he placed the order of a Assassination Burger with a large side, he might as well possess to kill

By the way Macht in german means "power" or "strength", it wouldn't surprise me if they used the german word, so this series is probably using that triangle god system prevalent in other mediums (power, wisdom, and Iforgottheotherone). Macht possessing Keena kinda makes sense if we think this powerful god is just tired of power-hungry wars.

Then again it makes more sense if this serious Keena is the one I speculated a ways back, the one who shares the special quality of girls like this.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 05:56   Link #2044
brutalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
By the way Macht in german means "power" or "strength", it wouldn't surprise me if they used the german word, so this series is probably using that triangle god system prevalent in other mediums (power, wisdom, and Iforgottheotherone).
They've mentioned Macht, Suhara and Koro so far, but have they said there are only these three gods?
brutalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 05:57   Link #2045
Zexas

LOL I just skip all the Light novel volume and go straight for volume 5 where the infamous scene between Akuto and Junko

I'll say that I'm pretty sad...... They tried to follow it closely but. I still prefer the Light novel version alot better.

Quote:
While Akuto holding Junko

A: "I didn't reliaze that you thought of me in such way"

J : "eh..?" Junko's movement stops

and then Akuto said that She's a splendid person that's why he feels very pleased (or have certain degree of like) to her

(more or less the same with anime)

Akuto actually whisper closely to her ears with sincere voice

A: "When this is all over I'll take a good care (or value) of you"

Junko face colour up as if it'd explode. Her body lose power. the word "take a good care of you" lingering on her head.

Akuto drop her gently (more or less the same with anime)

J: "ba baka when you said these kind of things I don't know what I should do anymore!" -- falling ---
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 07:12   Link #2046
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalman View Post
They've mentioned Macht, Suhara and Koro so far, but have they said there are only these three gods?
They make no mention of there being only 3, with the best estimate we can come up with is that there are several. So I'm still half half on there being only 3, and there being several more than just 3.

Speaking of which... this was the other non-spoken part about Luminous Arc 2; they make no mention of the rest of the globe, despite it being natural to think there's more to the world than just this area around Constant.
Old 2010-06-06, 07:25   Link #2047
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, I'm leaning towards the more-than-three group. Given how the different worshippers come from different backgrounds, there's got to be a bunch of other gods we don't know about yet.

Hmm... Keena daki cover... not as nice as the Junko one, but ok, I guess...
Old 2010-06-06, 07:53   Link #2048
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
LOL I just skip all the Light novel volume and go straight for volume 5 where the infamous scene between Akuto and Junko

I'll say that I'm pretty sad...... They tried to follow it closely but. I still prefer the Light novel version alot better.
Wow, your the first persone to have read the novel and post gratz and Thanks for the info.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 09:11   Link #2049
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Well, I'm leaning towards the more-than-three group. Given how the different worshippers come from different backgrounds, there's got to be a bunch of other gods we don't know about yet.

Hmm... Keena daki cover... not as nice as the Junko one, but ok, I guess...
Yeah, I doubt theres really only 3 gods. Whether or not they will mention it however is something else.
Old 2010-06-06, 10:03   Link #2050
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
Whether or not they will mention it however is something else.
This is the driving force behind my opinion. There's a strong belief that there's more than 3 gods, but I doubt they'll address it in detail. The reason why I compare this to LA2 is that in that game, the player knows there's other countries besides where the game takes place, but they never go into detail of them despite the typical "I'm saving the world" type of story where, just what exactly is the rest of the world turning a blind eye to, to not even be aware the world is in danger, where for some reason only the country the game centers on only knows of?

So I'm sure there's many different cultures, with their own versions of gods, but I'll take a page from Mark Twain here and paraphrase: "The story takes place only on what we need to know, to know more would detract from the original path of the main story and it's original intention..."

But it's okay for me to wonder about what Lily's going to do during this war But, I have this funny thought lingering around my head... is there something going on between Keena and her nee-sama? It seems like these two have been having some time together... Keena's naked escapades to Fujiko's room, Fujiko calling her instead of Junko, Keena giving Fujiko a piggy-back ride, Keena and Fujiko being nice friends with Peter, etc...

Old 2010-06-06, 10:41   Link #2051
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNS View Post
Wow, your the first persone to have read the novel and post gratz and Thanks for the info.
A little bit extra
Quote:
A: "Please forget about me"

When Akuto start saying that , Junko grasped Akuto's hand. while remained looking down, She firmy put power in that hand.

J: "Do not say these kind of things. To tell you the truth, I have declared that I abandoned my clan for you"

That's why ...... Junko looks up, She stared at Akuto's face directly. As expected Akuto also reliaze the significant of this statement and the meaning behind it......
well that's all folk

Edit: Just finish volume 5 and LOL at the end looks like the cat fight going to be intensified

Last edited by Zexas; 2010-06-06 at 10:57.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 14:57   Link #2052
Flames

Someone tell what is going on and who is keena with novel spoilers. Some things I don't understand in the anime.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 15:29   Link #2053
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 9 was interesting, I loved Junko's talks with herself. Hmm, I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but the show is now reminding me of Scrapped Princess a little bit, Sai is the "World Breaker" in this case.
Old 2010-06-06, 20:10   Link #2054
brutalman

I think the mods won't like spoilers for any future novels here in the anime thread, but there's a Dai Maou thread in the Manga and Light Novels forum that's just itching to get posts from people who've read the novels.

(Hint hint.)
brutalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 20:41   Link #2055
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Episode 9 was interesting, I loved Junko's talks with herself. Hmm, I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but the show is now reminding me of Scrapped Princess a little bit, Sai is the "World Breaker" in this case.
Hey another Scrapped viewer

I had thought about it, but the thing stopping me from mentioning it was the girl being the lead but the similarities are right there, girl get's designated as the princess, it's a great burden to her, but that didn't stop her in addressing her destiny, nice series for those who did not see it yet. Bandai did a good job with the dub, one of the few ones my brothers and I agree was well done. (lol I actually bought those DVD's because of the figures, that's how you sell DVDs, include stuff you can't download!)

Back OT, heh I've so far kept my eyes off the novel posts. Maybe when this is all over I'll take a gander on them (it helps viewing this thread on my phone, what with the zoomed-out scrolling )

By the way, I was thinking, if Korone does arrive, someone's got to have activated her to do so, so I'm betting on Lily or Torii (still holding out hope those two will at least appear next ep) I do not want to see a "I broke free of the robot shackles and re-activated myself" kind of thing
Old 2010-06-07, 07:37   Link #2056
Dahak86
Classics never age

just saw ep10 unc. version, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed... I was expecting too see Eiko's nipples in full glory, and they were mostly (conveniently) covered-up by her hairs and arms!? dam, Why did they bother to censor'em in the first place? (one was barely visible, so I'm guessing that's why ) oh, well... at least we can rejoice at ninja panties everywhere and Junko fundoshi.

@brutalman: thanks for posting LN thread. I was too lazy and busy to go search for it.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:10   Link #2057
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Damn, that's disappointing, Keena got some pretty detailed nipples in Episode 7, if I'm not wrong.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:21   Link #2058
mangatron

phone post

Yeah I believe she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
just saw ep10 unc. version, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed... I was expecting too see Eiko's nipples in full glory, and they were mostly (conveniently) covered-up by her hairs and arms!? dam, Why did they bother to censor'em in the first place? (one was barely visible, so I'm guessing that's why ) oh, well... at least we can rejoice at ninja panties everywhere and Junko fundoshi.
Really? No kidding

Sometimes I wonder what exactly it is they are censoring: angle, detail, the act, etc.

Only thing to wait for now is the DVD special
Old 2010-06-07, 11:46   Link #2059
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Crap, now that you mention it. When was the last time we saw Junko's fundoshi?!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:53   Link #2060
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

The censoring is really weird in this series, sometimes to a comical point.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen