Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 10:42   Link #901
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Uh, what?

You sound as if HSotD is over....
It's not over for sure, because there is a "to be continued in Act 27" at the end of the chapter
Old 2010-07-12, 10:46   Link #902
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Link in PM plz..

Someone .. anyone !

edit: Thanks Lummie .. enjoy your cookies ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 10:50   Link #903
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Pretty sure scanlators haven't even begun.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 10:54   Link #904
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
pretty much screwed are we ?

I forgot the electric drill i'll drill Zombie's head even though it'll take 10 min to kill him
lol i'n not so screwed then! i have a wood katana (like the samurai girls) and i have fire place tools( the wood poker?)
Spoiler for firepoker:
not to mention my boffer...yes my larp boffer you wound be surprised
Old 2010-07-12, 11:03   Link #905
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Man.. After watching the pretty pictures.. I only have 1 comment..

I wished I was Zeke ..

Spoiler:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 11:20   Link #906
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
The problem with melee weapons is that it either has to be a blade or a blunt both of which have problems. Blades can dull very fast ( longer blades eg sword) or take you too close (knives/icepick etc). blunts rely on brute strength, which needs weight, which can unbalance you should you misjudge a swing or at least be too slow a weapon against a horde. Imo like in L4D, melee should be used either for stealth kills or a last resort should your main weapon be unusable for whatever reason.

Though on the other hand considering the chances you'll ever (legally) get your hands on a gun, better start practicing those swings xD

On another note something I've always been wondering about: since zombies are technically blind, how do they know the difference between a door and a wall? they just home in on doors, it's pretty cheap D:
I would reverse that order. Guns would be my last resort because at that point sound wouldn't matter. In L4D, the zombies rush you no matter how quiet you are so using guns doesn't matter. In a zombie invasion, most of your kills should be stealth by default as you WILL run out of ammo if ten thousand zombies rush your location.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:12   Link #907
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Man.. After watching the pretty pictures.. I only have 1 comment..

I wished I was Zeke ..

Spoiler:
Damn you people need to find!! *Runs off to Google*

edit...oh dear...so sad...
Old 2010-07-12, 13:44   Link #908
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Something tells me that Saeko is going to be the next one to die.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:53   Link #909
RPNS

Any one can PM me the new chapter please?
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:39   Link #910
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For information...
Spoiler for HSotD status:
Old 2010-07-12, 16:10   Link #911
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
For information...
Spoiler for HSotD status:
Hell yeah!!!
Old 2010-07-12, 17:27   Link #912
Xacual

I have no problem with the series being bimonthly if that keeps it from slipping back into hiatus.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:39   Link #913
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I have no problem with the series being bimonthly if that keeps it from slipping back into hiatus.
welll it will be in hiatus once nobody scanlates it anymore... and with the apparent scanlation war turning sour for the rebels...... i dunno
Old 2010-07-12, 23:05   Link #914
FateAnomaly

Using melee is pretty suicidal against infectious zombies. Hitting someone on the head and killing them is one thing but smashing the brains is another story all together. The skull can be surprising hard. Using piercing weapon is especially dangerous. There are cases where people survive pierces through their head. Logically dead zombies will have an even higher chances of survival since they would only use part of the brain. Also chances of your weapon being stuck is high too.
And then there is the blood splatter problem, even if you have medical supplies and fresh water, there is the chance that some of it will get through your skin through some break in the skin especially since you will probably be fighting and running. Even if you do not turn zombie, it can result in a fever as your body tries to fight the infection.
Therefore, unless you are confident of killing every zombie that comes at you, barricade yourself with ample supplies and wait out the invasion or train yourself in parkour or both. But if you are really afraid of zombie invasion, move to those permanently cold region. Those zombies will be frozen like those chickens in the supermarket.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:36   Link #915
Xacual

The blood thing doesn't seem to a problem in this manga, almost all the characters have gotten blood or other stuff all over them, especially saya, and had no issue at all.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:38   Link #916
RisArk

The skull doesn't seem that good in HOTD considering Hirano managed to stay them off with nail guns, and Saeko effortlessly taking multiple out with a blunt weapon.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:00   Link #917
FateAnomaly

Ya , i know that. But real life is different you know.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 01:27   Link #918
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for NSFW:

And what scanalation war is that Zeker?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 01:47   Link #919
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:

And what scanalation war is that Zeker?
Publishers recently banded together to form an anti-scanlation coalition, promising legal complications for those who put up licensed series on the Web for free.

Several raw providers and manga sharing sites such as MangaHelpers, Raw-Paradise and AR's Toshokan decided to call it quits before things got ugly. In some cases, they did it to pre-empt the arrival of C&D letter(s), while in others, after they were directly contacted by people with enough authority to file a legal complaint against the webmasters.

We already know they've got a 'black list' of websites they wish to hit this summer. R-P knew about this several months in advance and the gravity of the said campaign was such that it drove the nail all the way down and they decided to scuttle their own business without looking back (some of their most accomplished scanners had already retired by then, anyway).

Since HSotD was one of those series that prominently bore those 'buy cool LEGALITY comic' captions, I can assume the authors will be cheering on the aforementioned razzia.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-07-13 at 01:59.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 02:08   Link #920
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Using melee is pretty suicidal against infectious zombies. Hitting someone on the head and killing them is one thing but smashing the brains is another story all together. The skull can be surprising hard. Using piercing weapon is especially dangerous. There are cases where people survive pierces through their head. Logically dead zombies will have an even higher chances of survival since they would only use part of the brain. Also chances of your weapon being stuck is high too.
And then there is the blood splatter problem, even if you have medical supplies and fresh water, there is the chance that some of it will get through your skin through some break in the skin especially since you will probably be fighting and running. Even if you do not turn zombie, it can result in a fever as your body tries to fight the infection.
Therefore, unless you are confident of killing every zombie that comes at you, barricade yourself with ample supplies and wait out the invasion or train yourself in parkour or both. But if you are really afraid of zombie invasion, move to those permanently cold region. Those zombies will be frozen like those chickens in the supermarket.
In an ideal situation you would use either a crossbow or a compound bow as the amount of sound is minimal while still maintaining a distance. Also silencers on the guns might help as well. Nontheless you don't actually need to penetrate the skull to cause severe brain damage. Also using timed bomb and flashbangs would be great for sound diversions. Another advantage of melee weapons is you don't run out of ammo. So something like a spiked baseball bat or mace(if you can find one) would be necessary atleast for backup.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies