AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-28, 01:10   Link #61
scififan

Yamada and Ichikawa are still in the nerve-racking relationship. They try to probe each other, to understand other persons' feeling.
Yamada: Have you received chocolate from anyone else?
Ichikaw: No(I received chocolate from you). Have you giving out chocolate to anyone else?
Yamada: No, I don't give out friendship chocolate to anyone else(I only gave out lover's chocolate).
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 07:42   Link #62
EroKing

Highly satisfied with this show topping the list. It has everything I could ask for.
Old 2024-01-30, 09:14   Link #63
grecefar

I'm suprised the magical girls is so down in the list.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:27   Link #64
EroKing

Yea, some of them I would argue too for the rankings. Like "Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!" on that list when shows like "The Unwanted Undead Adventurer" and "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic" have been better so far imo. Didn't want to mention it as those talks would derail the thread

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2024-01-30 at 09:43.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 13:21   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Yea, some of them I would argue too for the rankings. Like "Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!" on that list when shows like "The Unwanted Undead Adventurer" and "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic" have been better so far imo. Didn't want to mention it as those talks would derail the thread

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Cat Maid Yamada is too powerful !
Old 2024-02-03, 13:32   Link #66
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Kana's hypothetical oil prince line is one of my favorites from the manga and they definitely did it justice.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 13:34   Link #67
Frontier

It's nice that the two of them are making it official that they walk home together...though Yamada still needs to go through a roundabout process of asking him out on a movie date, though good thing Ichikawa took the hint. Also Yamada looks extra cute in that ribbon, good choice Moe .

I love how they try to grab a bite to eat and just happen to stumble at the place where Kana works and she gets to see the two in practically on an after-school date mode. Also it's even funnier how Kana gets lectured, not by her boss, but by the literal trainee .

An Oil Baron would totally be lucky to snag Kana as a wife. I mean, did you see how gorgeous she looked in that fantasy? Even if it was her own and she might be kind of sprucing her image up a little...but still! Also you gotta love her making sure our main pair enjoy their youth and lets them eat on the house! What a great wingwoman for a big sister .

Look at Yamada struggling to eat Takoyaki or blowing the flakes into Ichikawa's face! Or Ichikawa feeding Yamada! This is too dangerous for my heart !

Seeing these two situate themselves in a theater is so cute, but I love how Ichikawa went out of his way to watch a movie Yamada was actually in even if it was a horror movie she was the first person to bite it. But even then, he could see her genuine talent for acting .

Some Yamada ASMR to wake Ichikawa up! Right in time for the kiss scene! Yamada went to see the movie for business reasons (because she appreciates the actress and wants to learn more about acting) but also for her private life...because she got to spend that time with Ichikawa and she wants their first kiss to be as great as the one on the movie. Just make sure you don't end up with a bittersweet romance !

Ichikawa wants to get to know Yamada better! And no better chance of that than by seeing her at work! And look a him bugging his sister in the morning to check out his outfit. I love how Kana drools in her sleep .

Yamada is a spectacular model and looks amazing in anything, but it makes Ichikawa doubly self-conscious about how out of place he fits next to her or in her world...even if HE is the reason she kept up her modeling and didn't give up on it like she did everything else. And she wouldn't trade time with him for the world, even though Ichikawa loves the Anna Yamada who puts her all in her work .

The way Ichikawa ran with Yamada back to the shoot...the way she enveloped his hand in hers...the way she grabbed his hand again when he tried to separate...also the way she said "It's Ichikawa!!!" like that explains everything. I love it !

I love how Yamada's colleague comes off like a cool beauty but is actually your average teen girl who whines about people ignoring her...or Yamada's makeup team who are really thrown off by the middle school boy showing up .

Yamada's manager! He seems to have a good eye for people and is very protective over Yamada, but is also very forceful...though it's kind of funny how he tries to dissuade Yamada and Ichikawa from going out having assumed, like most people, that they were already going out, especially because he knows how into him Yamada is. And Yamada and Niko were goofing off at the same time !

But no manager is going to get in the way of Ichikawa and Yamada being together and getting to learn more and more about each other !
Old 2024-02-03, 19:31   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since they didn't focus on it this season, it hadn't occurred to me that it's not so simple for Ichikawa and Yamada to date given the latter's career. Ichikawa definitely doesn't want her to give up on it so they're going to have to find a way to deal with it. She's not an idol though, so is it as much of a deal?

Anyway, I'm happy Ichikawa is honest with himself and acts on his feelings now. He's grown so much over the course of the show (just... not physically). To think this all started with him wanting to murder Yamada... or at least having deluded himself into thinking that way.
Old 2024-02-03, 20:14   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She's not an idol though, so is it as much of a deal?
Actors can date no problem typically its reflected in weeb media too like AoButa and Oshi no Ko. I think manager-san was talking more about things like... fans and logistics and such. Remember she's going to be filming in Okinawa over spring break.
Old 2024-02-03, 20:43   Link #70
grecefar

It's the typical warning that work will be easier if they are not dating.

The best part was their date and when he fed yamada I'm so sure that his sister saw everything. They made sure that we knew she was there.
Old 2024-02-03, 21:30   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mitsugi Saiga is absolutely perfect as Suwa (a key role in many ways). Another casting bullseye for this adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 00:42   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Mitsugi Saiga is absolutely perfect as Suwa (a key role in many ways). Another casting bullseye for this adaptation.
I was just thinking I'd juyst heard her use that voice in Masamune-kun and debating the characters' gender the whole episode .
Old 2024-02-04, 01:18   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was just thinking I'd juyst heard her use that voice in Masamune-kun and debating the characters' gender the whole episode .
Generally thought to be male in this case, but not canonically confirmed.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 13:33   Link #74
Frontier

Ichikawa giving the farewell speech to the graduating class!? I guess this is what he gets for rubbing it in that he was the second highest grade on the last test. But hey, Yamada believes in him and the rest of the class are all in on it, so he might as well !

Too bad Ichikawa is still a neurotic and nervous mess not used to public speaking, so obviously he's not comfortable and can barely speak into the microphone, let alone talk normally. Also, Chi was asleep during the speech .

But it's the perfect excuse to practice vocalizing with Yamada! Which is practically flirting! Though I feel bad for Mita confessing to Haruya within earshot of them and getting rejected because Haruya is still focused on Yamada...but it gives more reason for Ichikawa to do his best and prove himself in front of everybody, for his own feelings for Yamada .

Ichikawa can barely get the speech out in front of his own mother, but at least his sisters' got his back and rooting for him! And it's time for a bit of a makeover, starting with a haircut! He didn't even need the conversation flowchart he came up with! Now both of his eyes are more or less showing at the same time !

Serina is into hair styling? Neat! I love how she bosses Adachi around and turns Ichikawa into Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers. But no other girl has dibs on Ichikawa's hair like Yamada does !

Oh no! Ichikawa forgot his speech! What is he going to do!? But Yamada lets him know it's going to be all right, and gets close to him, and that's enough .

Kana really is MVP sister, going well out of her way to deliver the speech to her brother...and even driving on her bike together with the newbie! These totally have something going on together .

Ichikawa has his sister, Yamada, and even Shojo Jun Fukuyama in his corner! Believe in the Shojo Jun Fukuyama that believes in you! And is basically your inner self! And with that belief in him, Ichikawa delivers the speech, half wings it, but totally nails it! It feels like not only a proper graduation speech but a speech for Ichikawa graduating from his past self to a new future with Yamada !

Well, I don't think anyone minds Haruya graduating, but while he might be a bit of a tool, deep down he's just a kid crushing on a girl and wanted to confess to her on the day he graduated, with all the nerves and anxiousness that comes with it. But Yamada only has one person in her heart, and can only contain the love she has for him, as she vocalizes her feelings for Ichikawa out loud !

Haruya really did just have to throw in one last dig, huh? Even if Yamada knows Ichikawa would never give her number to another guy. But it seems like that wasn't a dig but him trying to diminish himself in Yamada's eyes knowing she loves Ichikawa...and the only girl that truly knows him is the one that's always following him around, even if he never returns her feelings .

But hey, Yamada basically confessed! Haruya thought they were going to have a moment and now they're both having to deal with that outpouring of emotion. I can't wait to see what these dorks do next !
Old 2024-02-10, 14:21   Link #75
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Shot of the year so far for me.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 15:57   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to the sister. She made her best effort. Sure it didn't matter in the end, but it was the effort that meant something. Though mostly just for herself since it isn't like her brother actually saw her there.

What a busy episode though. Confessions!? Chaos!? Speeches!?

Lot going on there. And easily the most direct that Yamada and Ichikawa have been with each other. Pretty much laid it all out there. At least Yamada herself definitely did. No wonder they both pretty much retreated at that point. Neither one could handle that .
Old 2024-02-10, 16:20   Link #77
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Takemichikawa?

He's no oil prince but Kana seems to have an anime original ship that's setting sail with the trainee. Maybe they can do uniform play too eventually.
Old 2024-02-10, 18:52   Link #78
grecefar

new cool haircut, speech without the script and putting some good feelings to it... one of ichicawa coolest moments.

this chapter was so good and that ending was hilarious lol.
Old 2024-02-10, 19:17   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

In a lesser romcom, Ichikawa would have misunderstood Yamada saying she already likes someone as meaning she likes someone other than him and he therefore stands no chance. Thankfully, we're in a great show, so he instantly knew she was talking about him. There isn't even any doubt in his mind.

Good riddance to senpai. I'll probably have forgotten all about him next week, same as Yamada.
Old 2024-02-10, 21:39   Link #80
Wandering Soul

What an episode. There were a lot of great parts: Kana being a great sister, Ichikwaa's development + speech, him realizing that Yamada like him, and Yamada's confession. Even Haruya won a few points in my book.