AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-31, 18:49   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zanzou's skills with a sword are very impressive, and it's not hard to tell which role he's going to play from now on (not that I remember).

What Jinka told Shakugan when she came to fetch him for dinner was really cruel, but she didn't let it get to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Noice, I didn't think this show was going to get any posters.
Old 2024-02-01, 01:38   Link #82
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Huh, the OP made me kinda think Kunoichi Shakugan no Shana was like a split personality, but it is just a change of clothe then?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 12:04   Link #83
Frontier

Well, not to surprising that Shinsuke would go out of his way to take care of a wounded Zanzou and get sword tips out of it...heck, even Jinka goes along with taking care of him and doesn't bully Shinsuke! Even though he wanted to .

Zanzou was fighting for his sister, Hino, who was being used by the Dansaigyuu as a bargaining chip, but has now turned her into their next assassin, Higan. Jinka is more than ready for his next fight, but Higan makes it personal by harming one of his katawara friends and now in true Jinka fashion he wants payback .

Oh snap! Rina Sato! Hino actually seems like a very pleasant woman who is genuinely happy to see her brother...but she's also a ruthless human-katawara hybrid, which infuriates Jinka. Though who really gets angry is Kagan, the katawara side of Shaku (real name Shakuyaku, as it turns out!) who knows the katawara in Hino, Sagan, and doesn't take it well when she claims to have totally consumed Sagan's consciousness. Because it turns out the Dansaigyuu have been fusing actual katawara into humans and basically killing them! Shaku and Kagan are the only mutual hybrids, it seems .

But at least Kagan actually likes Shaku and appreciates her accepting him, and they're able to use that connection to do well in battle, even if they're at a power disadvantage against Higan's stone constructs .

Though what really sets everything off is the arrival of Jinun, a literal DRAGON, who is under the orders from the shogunate to take care of Higan for an assassination attempt against the shogunate while also taking care of Jinka and co. for the Dansaigyuu. And you know they're in trouble when Jinun utterly wrecks Higan and Jinka is utterly terrified of fighting someone and their only tactic is to literally run away !

Is Senya another human-katawara hybrid? His eyes are enough to put you into a nightmare .

There's not much of Hino left, she's more stone than woman and she's falling apart as it is. She was just too ambitious for the sake of her family's prosperity, not seeing that selling away her soul for prestige wouldn't really make her family happy, least of all Zanzou. But she's come too far to stop now

Jinka finally finishes her off and sends her to the afterlife (which by Jinka standards is surprisingly polite), but it's her last words to Jinka that really throws him off...that she wanted to be human. Was that Hino? Or Sagan? Did Hagan go along with the process to become human, even at the risk of losing their identity as a katawara? What does it say about katawara that they can't live as themselves so that they would choose to willingly become one with a human ?

Well, they're going to have to take on Jinun at some point, but for now they can prioritize taking down the Dansaigyuu and hopefully in the process build up their strength and knowledge to take down Jinun. And now our core four are set for their journey, first stop to properly bury Hagan, and in their journey they will truly come to understand what it means to be human and katawara .
Old 2024-02-07, 19:08   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great episode. I had forgotten about the whole Shakuyaku/Kagan thing, so it was a nice surprise. Allows Shakugan to be a strong fighter right away. Really enjoyed Tomoya Kurosawa's performance too.

Jinun and Senya were finally introduced! When even Jinka shits his pants and runs away from the fight, you know the other guy is a really big deal.
Old 2024-02-07, 20:37   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Best character has entered the chat.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 21:41   Link #86
Wandering Soul

With the group now having a goal to pursue, it looks like the story is now really getting started.
Old 2024-02-09, 02:24   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They really took their time building things up. Only now is the adventure truly getting going. And there is that sense of tension in the air since they definitely can't handle that dragon. All the more compelling since someone that's usually such a violent hot head in Jinka looks ready to hide in terror.

Really is something that Shaku and Kagan are the rare example of finding a way to fit together. Though it definitely wasn't an easy path. As evidenced by the path of carnage that they unleashed on Shaku's home village. Maybe it isn't a surprise that the intended pattern is to suppress one side (generally the non-human one) so one person is wielding the combined powers. But the results aren't as compelling.

I feel for Zanzou. Of course his sister's sins are hers to bear. But obviously he didn't want to get up that day to see his sister die. Also kind of too bad that he couldn't give more tips to Shinsuke. The guy could use a good teacher. Oh well, obviously couldn't ask the guy to stick around with his condition and what just happened...

Good episode.
Old 2024-02-10, 02:50   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Huh, the OP made me kinda think Kunoichi Shakugan no Shana was like a split personality, but it is just a change of clothe then?
Huh, I was right after all. Who would have though

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 12:04   Link #89
Frontier

Shinsuke is on cloud 9! Not only did he receive Zanzou's magic sword, but also his personal request to avenge his sister against the Dangaisyuu! Of course, Shinsuke is still way too inexperienced to properly use it, but I'm sure he'll get there! Eventually .

Best of luck to Zanzou with working for Yoshiteru the Shogun! Serving a man he respects as well as making up for his sisters' crime. I hope things turn out okay there .

Jinka is as moody as ever, especially to Shinuske, but at least Shakugan is enjoy the experience with everyone and believes in Shinsuke !

Tama loves her sake! Especially Shoujou sake! With her love of sake dating back to her time with Genzou (Jinka's dad!?). Though this little sake side-quest unexpectedly brings them to the next of Dangaisyuu's Four Beast Generals, Douren voiced by Tetsu Inada !

Though Douren is actually a pretty chill and reasonable guy, not willing to fight the group for no reason and happy to have a drinking contest with them over fine sake and regale them with the story of how he and the Shoujou worked together to defeat a dangerous tiger katawara. And judging by the OP, I'm guessing that tiger is the one they fused into his body to enhance him .

I'm sure finding out Jinun is weak against spicy foods will come in useful....not. But Douren isn't just Jinun's ally but also his sworn lifelong rival, so if the gang don't defeat him, Douren will .

So Jinka is a lightweight, Tama can hold her own long enough, but thanks to Kagan Shaku can drink even Douren under the table !

Jinka doesn't seem to be chomping at the bit for his eventual fight with Douren, he seems more resigned than he would've been before. I wonder if that's a sign of his change in character ?

A village trapped in a barrier lets Tama step up, meeting a katawara named Fukou created from the desire of the villagers to keep time from moving and save them from misfortune and loss...but Tama knows loss well, and knows that you can't just halt the pass of time and avoid it, especially knowing that it didn't save the village and Fukou is protecting a home of nothing but corpses, but at least she's able to help Fukou go in peace (after punching him) .

Resshin, the last of the four Beast Generals! And he has a right arm consumed by a bag filled with blades! And he's more than Jinka without Tama's powers can handle .

Resshin sure screwed up knocking Jinka right where he needed to be to transform! Though he's still alive, so I'm guessing he'll menace them again in Kagan's village. Which turns out to be a living mountain katawara !
Old 2024-02-14, 12:57   Link #90
Blaat

They adapted three chapters again but they skipped most of chapter 13 which had a bit of Shinsuke flashback and him constantly running away from a Kataware, biggest thing they've skipped so far. They also reordered the drinking showdown chapter with the village in the ReBoot cube chapter which worked better this way in the anime. I really liked this episode, especially the scenes with Tama in the village was the highlight.

Last edited by Blaat; 2024-02-14 at 17:44.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 19:03   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shinsuke has a long way to go before he can master that sword. He'll remain dead weight for a while.

Douren is a really cool dude. He was fully aware of who they were but since no orders had been given to him regarding them, he saw no reason they couldn't just get along. He only joined the Dangaisyuu to stay close to and surpass Jinun in the first place.

Fukou's story was pretty sad.
Old 2024-02-14, 21:06   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'll be curious to see if Shinsuke can ever become more than dead weight. He's got a certain role as a pretty normal person in this crazy group, but it's not exactly what he's wanting for himself. But I suppose if he's still at the point snickering over feeling like he's a big deal because he has that sword...he's a long way from reaching the level he truly dreams of anyways.

The drinking game working out that way was good fun .

And impressive that Tama for actually coming through with her negotiations. It was looking iffy...especially when she slugged the other party . But it all worked out. Thankfully Jinka's opponent while kind of strong wasn't so bad that Jinka couldn't hold out for a while. Honestly Zanzou was way more intimidating than this guy and his magic bag. Guy should give that thing up to Santa at some point down the road .
Old 2024-02-15, 07:33   Link #93
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
They adapted three chapters again but they skipped most of chapter 13 which had a bit of Shinsuke flashback and him constantly running away from a Kataware, biggest thing they've skipped so far. They also reordered the drinking showdown chapter with the village in the ReBoot cube chapter which worked better this way in the anime. I really liked this episode, especially the scenes with Tama in the village was the highlight.
They also swapped the Douren meeting and the Fukou village chapter, interestingly.
Old 2024-02-21, 12:06   Link #94
Frontier

I guess it kind of figures that a society of stone people would eat and drink mud, though points to Shinsuke for trying to withstand all those stone children on his back !

Wow, Jinka has actually accepted humans and Katawara can co-exist! Heck, his plan to become a katawara isn't so simple as abandoning his humanity for the sake of revenge, he intends to become one so he can be with Tama. That's actually rather sweet. And Jinka even takes in a heavily pregnant woman that the gang all are determined to help see through to the birth of her baby .

The Dangaisyuu Beast Generals are meeting and Jinun is as stiff as Douren is as free, though all Yazen cares about is killing Jinka, and it's Douren's turn !

Shinsuke is nothing if not determined, even swinging his sword to the point of his hand being covered in blisters...but all he knows is the downward swing he practiced in front of a ghost samurai in his youth. Shinsuke won't allow himself to be weak again, because he knows it's the only way to keep himself alive and he feels he has to pull his weight in the group, but Shaku thinks Shinsuke is just enough as he is, the person who went out of their way to go after her and save her from her despair .

And in recognition of his efforts with Shaku, Kagan even gives Shinsuke some pointers on mastering Arabuki, by treating it as a person and someone he can gain the respect of! And if Shinsuke is able to master it, he'll become worthy of marrying Shaku! What a way to expose your human hosts' feelings and wingman, Kagan !

It's cute how Shaku gave her hybrid name for the baby but the mom ends up coming up with her real name anyways...and in respect to Shakugan, Jinka suggests Kagan too !

Of course just as the woman goes into labor...Douren and Resshin show up looking for a fight, and Jinka is ready to deliver. Just as Douren is ready to transform into his tiger form and get right to talking with their fists .

And Douren is a beast with his fists, pounding on Jinka and punching through his magic fists, but then the two end up becoming two laughing madmen as they wail on each other and cross counter each other. I guess if you're going to go all out in a fistfight, the least you can do is enjoy it .

But Resshin is a total scumbag. He drops a boulder hurtling straight to the hut where Tama is helping the woman give birth and Shakugan uses all their strength to stop the rock...only for Resshin to stab Shaku through the heart. And with Jinka knocked out and Shinsuke powerless, all Shakugan can do is turn all the life they have left to transform into a stone sphere to stop the boulder. Shaku uses the strength she craved to save others, content that she found friends, someone to love, and was able to put her all into something meaningful with Kagan's power. And the pair sacrifice themselves to bring two new lives into the world .

But the pair live on in the twins born from the mother, Shakuyaku and Kagan, and even Jinka is so overwhelmed with emotion to the point of overflowing with tears at such a sight. But Shinsuke fights back his own tears, thinking of the life he could have had with Shaku, the life she deserved, and the determination he's been left with in her passing .
Old 2024-02-21, 13:50   Link #95
Blaat

You know it's going to be an important episode when they skip the opening and the animation looks better than usual.

RIP Shakugan.

Still adapting three chapters per episode they still removed some minor things, like Senya fistbumping the tiger dude. Interestingly they're using the anime original content of Shinsuke chasing Shakugan as an added reason on why Shakugan likes Shinsuke. Personally, I always felt like Shakugan liking Shinsuke came out of nowhere in the manga so I like that the anime tried to add an extra moment between them. Also Shakugan's embarrassed reaction to Kagan's statement that he hopes Shinsuke and Shakugan get married is way better in the anime.
The Shinsuke training flashback was supposed to be shown in the previous episode, interestingly his trainer is a ghost in the anime but that isn't the case in the manga unless I missed something? So after checking a bit apparently he was always supposed to be a ghost but Mizukami couldn't find a way to add it to the story. I guess the anime staff found a way for him.

Anyway after that the episode was pretty much faithful, the anime team did an excellent job.

Last edited by Blaat; 2024-02-21 at 14:46.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 19:01   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a wonderful episode. Really well directed and full of emotion. They really did justice to Shaku's sacrifice.

Jinka is proving to much more than a boy driven by hatred. He has come to realize it's possible for (some) humans and katawara to coexist, and it's revealed the true reason he wishes to become a katawara is so that he won't have to part with Tama due to his short lifespan. His dearest wish is to spend his life with her.
Old 2024-02-21, 22:17   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I guess this gives Shinsuke a concrete reason to master that sword and get stronger. Plus it gives him an opponent to aim his rage at. Not that the group as a whole won't have reasons to want to cave in Resshin's skull. But it certainly would be a good target for Shinsuke to drive all the anger he has into.

Plus damn...this certainly won't help Shinsuke's feelings of being useless and his desire for power. Things are complicated, but it is easy for him to go down the road of "if I simply had enough power this wouldn't have happened."

And I would have said just based on the early part of the episode that things were looking great. There was definitely potential that was built up there. A possibility shown through Shaku's feelings that it wasn't about power, but the heart that takes action. Even if he can't do a lot, he still did prioritize going after her. Really too bad. I enjoyed the hilarity of Kagan not letting Shaku do the "I'm embarrassed so I'm going to run away" thing by straight up taking over and stopping her . That was cute and made the heartbreak all the more agonizing.

I'll show some consideration for Douren who didn't want things to be like this. The fight with Jinta was utterly tainted and he can't undo Resshin's actions. While asking to be informed about any circumstances before the next fight will help in the future, it can't change what happened here and he knows it.
Old 2024-02-21, 23:12   Link #98
Wandering Soul

I wasn't expecting a member of the group to bite the dust so early, but RIP Shaku. Her last stand was well done
Old 2024-02-22, 07:42   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A great ep to tease the many even greater ones to come.
Old 2024-02-22, 22:30   Link #100
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A great ep to tease the many even greater ones to come.
After last episode I don't know if my heart can take many more of those. I'm still recovering from the last episode of Migi and Dali.