Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-21, 05:23   Link #1301
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm not ready for this to end. :'(
Old 2024-03-21, 05:40   Link #1302
magnuskn

Same here, I hope we get a S2 announcement right away. With the smash hit it has been, it seems at least likely.
Old 2024-03-21, 09:49   Link #1303
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Feels right to end the narration with Frieren and Himmel...and show that we'll be getting one last flashback with Himmel .

Who will pass? Who will still fail? Either way, Frieren will get one last moment with Serie, Fern will be munching, and Wirbel will look cool .
Old 2024-03-22, 11:02   Link #1304
Frontier

I love how Denken passes because, if only for a moment, he was pondering throwing hands/spells with Serie. Dude is so based he HAD to pass !

Well, no surprise Serie passes Ubel. Even if she's begrudging about it .

I shouldn't be surprised that it's just been Land's clones the entire time and he's just sipping tea in his hometown, but wow. And the best part is Ubel goes back to flirting with the clone, totally oblivious .

Wirbel is Serie's kind of person, one who battles and sees spells as tools .

Of course Methode would have a classic onee-san reaction to Serie .

Denken is everybody's grandpa! Probably partially because he and his wife never had kids before she passed young, and Denken's efforts to gain prestige and power weren't enough to save her...but at least he's found the ability to enjoy magic again from his experience with Frieren .

Wirbel comes off like a psycho (even if he knows the kind of psycho you put down is Ubel) but instead he's actually someone who was inspired by Himmel, first by his amazing feats and adventures but then by the little small things he did to help people, which were he most meaningful. He's a good egg, that Wirbel !

There's petty and then there's banning Frieren from attending the awarding ceremony and from all facilities for a 1,000 years .

Oh hey, Lernen! I guess Serie's words got to him becuase now he wants to challenge Frieren to a duel to the death! All the better to live on in infamy and help carry forth his masters' memory! But while he is able to draw blood, his quest is pointless, because it doesn't matter...Serie will remember him, like she remembers all her students and what they were like, favorite spells, etc. because they were precious to her even if they never fulfilled their full potential (in her eyes). She never forgot or regretted training them. These Battle Mages are just so awkward in expressing their feelings .

Fern really is Frieren's student. She had ample opportunity for any spell she could want and she asked Serie...for a laundry spell. Because where would you be without clean clothes? And she and Frieren are so proud! Best part is Serie pulling a Frieren face. I guess it's an elf thing .

Well, that was a pretty brief goodbye to Lawine and Kanne! but that's just how Himmel rolled, because why get so worked up over a parting when there's always the chance you'll see each other again? Just like how Frieren is sill following Himmel to see him one last time .

Wait, that woman in a parasol...did Sein find an older woman !?
Old 2024-03-22, 12:05   Link #1305
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
The journey to Ende continues
In your mind?

Carole & Tuesday, aside, this was a great ending. Just perfect for a series that somehow held onto perfection despite not being perfect. There are anime with better art, battles, drama, effects, tears, world building, and all that, but this had such a good package of a little bit of all of them. It's been a show that always felt a bit serene and always had some bit of nostalgia to offer.

The flashbacks to the Hero's Party every episode and how they were subtly influencing Frieren to be a better, more caring person in the present are probably what made the show for me. They didn't need to be huge revelations, just small bits of wisdom or emotion that had carried on 80-something years into the future. And, of course, Evan Call's music is just killer. It's surprising just how much this final episode, and the entire series, make great use of such calm themes. But we'll always have "Zoltrack" and Fern blasting away at demons, too.

I had pretty high hopes when I first read about how this would be a show about an immortal elf going on a journey to visit her companion's grave decades after he died. And it surpassed any expectation I had.
Old 2024-03-22, 13:51   Link #1306
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 28:

this anime is so beautiful. Lernen is lucky, Frieren is a nice person... did not get mad after her wounded her shoulder.

how sweet, Serie remembers all her students. She does care about them.

Methode pass the third exam just by saying Serie is cute! lol

looks like some friendships were formed during the exam. Methode is back with her two party members. Denken is out eating with her "children", Richter and Laufen.

gonna miss this anime. Until we meet again Frieren-san.
looking forward to see you in season 2.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 13:54   Link #1307
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
In your mind?
Thats literarly what closing credits, I won't be surprised if they announce a movie fior the next story arc soon (it is more logical than a new season as I heard).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 14:29   Link #1308
magnuskn

This was without a doubt the best anime in the last decade. 10/10, I'll happily wait for a second season. For which there is enough material, the anime ended at about chapter 60 of the manga and there are 67 more chapter to go just at this moment.
Old 2024-03-22, 14:35   Link #1309
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'll give it a 9/10 which somehow feels like a slight considering how absurdly high the MAL score is. I loved the production value but I'm still enjoying Bokuyaba and Mahoako a bit more this season. I'm also happy to see Atsumi Tanezaki succeeding but I still miss her doing eroge.
Old 2024-03-22, 14:37   Link #1310
Twi

Denken passed because he was considering how to throw hands at the strongest mage in the setting. Land passed because he had the balls to double down on working from home. Wirbel passed because he's exactly the kind of mage Serie likes.

Methode and Ubel passed because... even I don't know.
Old 2024-03-22, 14:51   Link #1311
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Denken passed because he was considering how to throw hands at the strongest mage in the setting. Land passed because he had the balls to double down on working from home. Wirbel passed because he's exactly the kind of mage Serie likes.

Ubel is also the type Serie likes, just a different one. And Methode used her onee-san powers.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 14:55   Link #1312
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Methode passed because she wasn't afraid of someone stronger than her, similar to Denken.

Ubel is everything Serie wants in a mage: battle-hungry, fearless, and talented.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 15:08   Link #1313
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

In terms of fearlessness, nothing beats my boy Land. I want to be like him when I grow up.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 15:23   Link #1314
Dextro
He Without a Title

I love the fact that Land just casually did the entire practical exam over Zoom like a freaking boss!
Old 2024-03-22, 15:27   Link #1315
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I mean... Uber couldn't possibly not pass.
Old 2024-03-22, 15:43   Link #1316
Frontier

Although even Serie seemed uncomfortable around Ubel .
Old 2024-03-22, 16:17   Link #1317
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Overall Serie seems to like people that shares her view on magic and don't put her on a pedestal/ change their behavior for her. They didn't speak ,but Ubel was no doubt thinking about if she could cut Serie or copy her, which I'm sure Serie realized. Methode was face to face with the closest thing her setting has to a god and her only thought was that she looked like a cute child.
Old 2024-03-22, 16:32   Link #1318
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Overall Serie seems to like people that shares her view on magic and don't put her on a pedestal/ change their behavior for her. They didn't speak ,but Ubel was no doubt thinking about if she could cut Serie or copy her, which I'm sure Serie realized. Methode was face to face with the closest thing her setting has to a god and her only thought was that she looked like a cute child.
Technically the closest thing to a god in this setting would be the goddess that Heiter, Sein, etc worshiped.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 16:34   Link #1319
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Just joining the echo chamber, but based Land is based.

Anyway absolutely superb anime. I really do hope we get another season.
Old 2024-03-22, 17:33   Link #1320
Dop
Mmmm....

The revelation that Land had been 'working from home' was just perfect!

Let's face it, if you could produce magical clones of yourself you'd send that to work!

Do hope we'll get more of this down the line.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy