AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-03-26, 15:25   Link #1
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Home Security system

This might be a new one for AnimeSuki Tech Support forums.

Here is my problem I just cant get this thing to remotely connect for the life of me and I think I have tried everything I could from the books that came with the system. ( I posted a PDF file of the guides), i am also using a D Link router DI-624 which pretty much runs well and has the latest firmware updates.

Here is the unit I Have
http://lorexstore.lorextechnology.co...t.aspx?id=1731

The problem I have is basically I cannot get this thing to remotely connect at all I set up everything as the books and stuff said.

Here are the PDF files manuals and the Networking stuff
http://lorexstore.lorextechnology.co...?id=1731&nav=2

I cannot connect through the Lorex Client Viewer program after setting up according to the book so If Anyone can help. It would be great
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 15:54   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Is the problem that you can't connect at all, or just that you can't connect remotely when you're away from home?

The guide I'd focus on would be one up from the bottom on the page that you linked - "Walkthrough - Overview - Remote Viewing." It seems that there are a lot of steps that you have to complete beyond just port forwarding. Did you set all of that up properly?
Old 2008-03-27, 09:37   Link #3
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Yeah I cannot connect at all.

After I put in the the (username).strategicvista.net

It asks for user name and password (as if you were logging on to a router) And after I put in the correct information and I can tell you I used the exact information provided and I just get a 404 error after trying to log in.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:04   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

We can try to eliminate a few problems.

First, the system connects via ethernet. Try to wire it directly to your computer and connect. If it works, the issue is with your router and we'll need to work on your router setup. If you can't connect, there's a problem with the unit itself or with your computer.

Another thing to try: connect using a different web browser. If you've been using Internet Explorer there's a good chance that this isn't the issue (because many companies are still coding for IE) but it's always worth checking either way.
Old 2008-03-28, 15:12   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Do you have cookies enabled? Maybe it uses session cookies. I had a similar problem authenticating on a site the other day. The error message didn't say what the problem was; I was left to figure it out for myself.

I'd agree with Ledgem that the place to start is with a fully-wired connection. Plug both of them into the "LAN" part of your router so they can see each other and try it that way. If it works in that configuration, it looks like the problem has something to do with connecting through the router.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote