AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-24, 04:55   Link #41
wnkryo
HainShodan

Game one was very entertaining; a great crowd pleaser. Both bullpens showed what being in the world series meant. But there were to many errors on both sides, especially when we consider that this is the world series. I won't be surprised to find out the cards will amp up their defence to handle the red sox offence. But with a fucken injured 2nd basemen, I think red sox clinched the series.

FINAL
Game 1: 11 9 Red Sox
Old 2004-10-24, 13:54   Link #42
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
But with a fucken injured 2nd basemen, I think red sox clinched the series.
In the after-interview, they said he would probably be fine. No broken bones or anything, just a nasty bruise. I guess we'll just have to see how he does tonight.

I could imagine seeing the ghost of the Bambino out in left field, screwing with Ramirez's play. That slide where his shoe caught on the grass looked totally random.

The guy that needs to be benched is that Cardnials pitcher, Tovarez (sp?). I didn't think his pitching was all that hot to begin with, and don't you usually get a suspension for throwing a fit like he did back in the championship series? Plus he's doubly injured, and is pitching with pain-killers pumped into his hand. He definately didn't look happy yesterday after giving up a double and a homerun back to back, letting the Sox take their final lead.
Old 2004-10-24, 14:13   Link #43
method

Nah Manny is just a terrible fielder. No ghost affecting him. There was play during the year where he cut off a throw from Johnny Damon while he was in shallow left field. Blow-ups like Tavarez's are a dime a dozen in baseball.
Old 2004-10-24, 23:18   Link #44
hooliganj
Team Player

Game 2 went to the Red Sox 6-2. Now the series moves to St. Louis, so we'll get to see if having the home stadium is going to make that big of a difference.
Old 2004-10-24, 23:59   Link #45
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Oh man, it's getting so close us Sox fans can really taste it. Playing in St. Louis is gonna be really tough though.

Schill is my idol.
Old 2004-10-25, 14:31   Link #46
wnkryo
HainShodan

WTF?!! Even though the Red Sox won game 2 they had way to many fucken errors. It was like they were playing a regular season as the mets -.-

Either way, I'm happy that kurt chilling still managed to do so well. I say red sox won this series, but not untill the 6th game.

FINAL
Game 2: 6 2 Red Sox
Old 2004-10-25, 18:18   Link #47
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That game rocked... Schilling is seriously the man. I can't wait until tommorow night... Even though I've been getting close to no sleep lately -_-
Old 2004-10-27, 01:13   Link #48
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Hopefully all concerned will stop grieving over Boston's porous defense -- the Red Sox themselves aren't losing any sleep over it. The Cardinals tested the Sox defense and ran themselves right out of Game 3 before they ever got into it.

There's no reason why St. Louis should win even one game at this point. They didn't bring the necessary pitching and their hitting still hasn't shown up.
Old 2004-10-27, 01:14   Link #49
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
That game rocked... Schilling is seriously the man. I can't wait until tommorow night... Even though I've been getting close to no sleep lately -_-
From one Sox fan to another...

It doesn't get much better than this does it? The only thing that could possibly be better will be the Sox getting the final out and finally after soooooo long winning the world series.
Old 2004-10-27, 01:22   Link #50
hooliganj
Team Player

As much as I would rather it didn't happen, it would be interesting to see the Cards rally the next 4 games, like the Sox did to the Yankees for the championship.

Since it hasn't been posted yet: Boston takes game 3, 4-1.
Old 2004-10-27, 13:30   Link #51
wnkryo
HainShodan

As far as the Red Sox are concerned, their world series was with the yankees, and since they won that, all that was left was to sweep away the garbage. By the way, Pedro Martinez rocked.

FINAL
Game 2: 6 2 Red Sox
Game 3: 4 1 Red Sox
Old 2004-10-27, 14:32   Link #52
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
'Battle of the Bullpens' indeed. I think both teams went through most of their roster. I like the Red Sox pitcher who responded to 'How does it feel to win game 1 of the World Series?' with 'A hell of a lot better than being down 0-3.'
And a lot better now that Boston is at 3-0.

I think I'll go put my NY Yankees t-shirt away for a while.
Old 2004-10-27, 15:04   Link #53
Bullsquat
Strange Love

*sigh*

Not that I care much for the outcome of this world series but I expect the team that beat us to put up a better fight. Man, these birds look really flustered.
Old 2004-10-27, 19:34   Link #54
wnkryo
HainShodan

Johnny damon just hit a 1st inning homerun. Looks like Red Sox won the series.

Oh by the way; it's going to be a lunar eclipse tonight
Old 2004-10-27, 22:54   Link #55
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Wow. I'm not entirely sure how to react to the Red Sox winning the World Series. My whole life has revolved around failure...

Old 2004-10-27, 22:54   Link #56
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Old 2004-10-28, 01:21   Link #57
hooliganj
Team Player

Well, Red Sox take the 4th game 3 to 0. Not only did the Cards fail to win a single game in the series, they didn't even score a run in the last game. I agree with Bullsquat now, I'm more than a little miffed that these guys knocked out the Astros and then did so pitifully in the big show.

BTW, a complete lunar eclipse, what a great way to finally say a big 'so long' to the Babe.
Old 2004-10-28, 02:03   Link #58
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

OMG I can't believe it. I've waited my whole life for this day. I can only imagine how it must feel for some of the 'old timers'. Anyways the Red Sox really proved to the world they are the best team in baseball today.

Oh yeah, as soon as I get my paycheck this week, I'm grabbin me one of these tshirts...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-28, 02:09   Link #59
babbito2k
annoying white bat

The Cardinals had a very good team this year but they were snakebit. Maybe La Russa was too much in love with his team -- it's good to "go with what got you here" but it's also not a bad idea to make a change when things aren't working. The heart of his batting order needed CPR...

"The Curse" was a hoax. There was no such thing back in '67 and '75. The whole thing was made up in a book by Dan Shaughnessy. Yankees fans are a superstitious and cowardly lot, so the "curse" has gotten much more than its due.

The REAL curse is the one on Chicago White Sox, who haven't even been to the World Series since 1959. Here's hoping they get their act together some time soon.
Old 2004-10-28, 02:24   Link #60
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
The REAL curse is the one on Chicago White Sox, who haven't even been to the World Series since 1959. Here's hoping they get their act together some time soon.
Don't forget there are some other teams that have never even BEEN to the world series. The Seattle Mariners, the Houston Astros, there are others I forget them off the top of my head though.
Closed Thread