AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 15:45   Link #401
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
What i can't understand is why the Empire never sent in a scout force. I can't remember any military commander in history i have heard off doing something this stupid.

since there humans in this world, don't see it.
Well from what we have seen of the emperor in the earlier chapters he doesn't seem to care as much about his forces as opposed to what he can get. His own daughter called him out on it and his response was basically "so what?" That alone tells you a lot about what kind of person he is.

When I said races I was talking about all the races. After all I would think that at least some humans wouldn't want to see the extinction of others and be open minded enough to want to join sides with them.
Old 2012-10-26, 15:58   Link #402
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The Emperor give the commands but it is the Commander on the spot who interpret and carry it out. I seriously doubt the Emperor gave any order other then go through the gate and conqueror.
Old 2012-10-26, 16:13   Link #403
Dark Wing

Quote:
The Emperor give the commands but it is the Commander on the spot who interpret and carry it out. I seriously doubt the Emperor gave any order other then go through the gate and conqueror.
And isn't that what the empires army attempted to do?

Well in any case whomever got the order most likely thought it would be a cake walk and for the most part it was until the counter attack...
Old 2012-10-26, 16:22   Link #404
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
About 15,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:28   Link #405
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-26, 16:37   Link #406
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
And isn't that what the empires army attempted to do?

Well in any case whomever got the order most likely thought it would be a cake walk and for the most part it was until the counter attack...
again the commander on the spot can interpert that order in different ways. like sending a couple of scouts in to make sure the gate isn't opening into the middle of a swamp or the ocean.
Old 2012-10-26, 16:48   Link #407
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:50   Link #408
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:
It was mentioned around end of chapter 1 that Itami is 33 which isn't too surprising considering he is a Ranger.

Spoiler for Future Novel Spoiler:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:05   Link #409
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It was mentioned around end of chapter 1 that Itami is 33 which isn't too surprising considering he is a Ranger.

Spoiler for Future Novel Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-26, 18:27   Link #410
ZeKeR
Superbad

... and why in the world do I get this feeling that once the princess meets her... all the corruption of BL and the influence of Akihabara will take a giant hand and slap her with it?
Old 2012-10-26, 22:19   Link #411
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
What i can't understand is why the Empire never sent in a scout force. I can't remember any military commander in history i have heard off doing something this stupid.
I have, I believe his name was Alexander III of Macedon.He pretty much invaded India on the whim. And then there's also Cortes and his mates. The way they invaded was extremely risky. Spanish also pretty much invaded on the whim.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:22   Link #412
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I have, I believe his name was Alexander III of Macedon.
your proof?
Old 2012-10-26, 22:45   Link #413
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
your proof?
After he finished conquering Afghanistan, he asked the Indians(Pakistanis more specifically) to surrender, and when they refused, he marched against them almost immediately.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 23:01   Link #414
Seitsuki
Onee!

Maybe, but he would obviously have made use of outriders to report on enemy forces, disposition and the like, not just marching his entire army into who knows what. There's a difference between speed and stupidity. One of the most important aspects of battle is intel. You don't just throw your forces at an unknown location against unknown resistance and hope they'll stick, and any tactician who does this isn't worth the title or command of anything in general.
Old 2012-10-26, 23:18   Link #415
Dark Wing

Xellos-_^ I really don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe someone be they an emperor, military leader, or commander could make such a miscalculation after all anyone can make a mistake.
Old 2012-10-26, 23:33   Link #416
ZeKeR
Superbad

i believe Alexander used speed and the steamrolling hybrid together. if I remember, no large sized unit liek a chariot or mounts can virtually touch the Macedonian Phalanx (the infantry formation is a different matter IMO) and his cavalry are backed by auxiliaries (confirm what kind of auxies plx). how Cyrus managed his armies I still don't know how he reached a LOT.
Old 2012-10-27, 00:59   Link #417
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Xellos-_^ I really don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe someone be they an emperor, military leader, or commander could make such a miscalculation after all anyone can make a mistake.
because it is not a miscalculation, it is the height of stupidity. Could the emperor be that stupid yes, but soldiers don't get old by being stupid. It wouldn't have taken much to sent in one scout to at least determine if the gate had open into the ocean or a desert.

Let me put this way.

I am more likely to believed there is gate to another world buried under Egypt then a Military commander who would not sent out scouts to scout out unknown territory.
Old 2012-10-27, 01:50   Link #418
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:

I am more likely to believed there is gate to another world buried under Egypt then a Military commander who would not sent out scouts to scout out unknown territory.
While this have no bearing on the situation you are discussing in the story so far. i have to point out that i have seen and worked with some pretty stupid people in the my military career. some of these incompetent fools also serve in some pretty senior positions. While solid, motivated and switched on individuals are abound in the military some people that are unbelievably retarded somehow make it pretty far in the army. You would not believe the stupid shit i ve seen happen overseas that get good men killed and lives ruined. from my experience the military is where you go to see the epitome of human genius and stupidity working hand in hand. Instance of going into relatively unknown enemy territory virtually "blind" (both metaphorically and literally) happens more often than you would think.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:22   Link #419
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.15 is on the server.

Spoiler:
How can one find this chapter?
Old 2012-10-27, 02:51   Link #420
Renegade334