AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 17:45   Link #961
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not many gamers have both a 360 and a ps3, but you can find many that have a wii and one of those two
Guilty as charged. :k
Old 2013-06-03, 17:58   Link #962
Slayerx

Remember that news about XBONE possibly giving people acheivements for watching TV? Seems they got a patent application that takes things a

Quote:
The patent, snappily titled "Awards and achievements across TV ecosystem", describes camera sensors monitoring the eye movements and heartbeats of TV viewers. Which means a console will know if you're in the room when an ad break is on, or if you've popped out to make tea. It'll also be able to tell whether you're actually watching the ad or if you're engrossed in the latest issue of Heat magazine. And don't even think about gaming the system by watching telly with the lights off: the XBox would be able to monitor you even in the dark.

Every move you make, every breath you take, the Xbox would be watching you – but also rewarding you. The patent suggests that sitting through commercial breaks would rack you up points to buy both virtual and physical awards. The thinking behind this being that people today need to be bribed in order to sit still and watch a commercial. As the patent application explains: "With the proliferation of digital video recording devices, advertisers are finding it increasingly difficult to introduce their advertisements to viewers."
More of that creepy always watching you kinect...

Also since there's been talk of used games, there's a study on the effects of killing used gaming... Supposedly the researchers believe that killing used games sales would actually result in a 10% loss for publishers. The basic belief is that without being able to resell their games, gamers will ultimately spend less money on games, and not be as willing to buy games, resulting in a loss for publishers. The only way that could counter this effect would be lower game prices by 33% (or about $40). The results seem like they make sense when you consider steam sales; you can't resell your games on steam, but it seems like A LOT of gamers don't care because the steam sales allow you to get those games at a much lower price.

Though i'm not sure if Steam sales would be a good comparison... what drives steam sales is not just the low price, but the feeling that you're saving money on a product worth more than what you spend. If $40 became the new standard it would not feel the same as when you spend $40 on a game priced at $60...
Old 2013-06-03, 19:31   Link #963
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

This just in some leaked info for E3.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-03, 19:33   Link #964
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I see Halo 5 at the corner.

Looking good... Absolutely nothing of interest to sway my decision
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:04   Link #965
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I see Halo 5 at the corner.

There's also a "Halo ------an assault".

interesting.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:06   Link #966
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If Sony had followed Microsoft's lead, you might have been right.

But now, I doubt it.

We now know that the PS4 will have significant advantages over XBox One. Knowledgeable gamers will be aware of that. I can easily see many console gamers going with PS4 (or PS4 and WiiU) this generation.

I'm sure that the most hardcore fans of XBox's exclusives will still buy that console, but Microsoft may get little else besides that. And if they get little else besides that, they're going to be hurting, I think.
Most of the big sellers like CoD, Battlefield, etc already require constant connection and are not very good at being resold in the first place. People without constant internet connection is probably not in their target audience and they've decided that they'd be better off without them.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:13   Link #967
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I knew Fable IV would be mentioned sooner or later, though the XBO will require MUCH more than a Fable game to sway me into buying it.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:15   Link #968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
There's also a "Halo ------an assault".

interesting.
That would be Halo Spartan Assault.

Its on ign or kotaku...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:18   Link #969
GDB

Quote:
What, you mean Banjo-Kazooie isn't a total system seller!?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:58   Link #970
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Who needs Fable IV when The Witcher 3 is coming to PC and PS4?

Fable IV will probably go on PC eventually, too.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:06   Link #971
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post

Spoiler:
I...I see a Banjo logo....I don't have words at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It is for me. Unless it's like Nuts and Bolts.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:30   Link #972
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh that logo certainly made me pause... kinda of a silent "oh my gosh" moment

but then i remembered that Rare is a shell of its former self. Not only did the old talent most likely leave years ago, i doubt ANYONE at rare has the talent to pull it off. Afterall, this is not the rare of Star Fox 64 and Banjo tooie; its not even the Rare of Perfect dark zero and Nutz and bolts; This is the Rare of Kinect Sports (I shudder at the thought of a Grunty Land being somekind of amusement park filled with Kinect minigames)... Honestly, unless the IP rights get transferred to another studio, i have little to no hope of a TRUE Banjo Kazooie revival. (personally i'm thinking Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Double Fine, and possibly nintendo)

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-06-03 at 22:52.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:17   Link #973
Xagzan

Quote:
Oh that logo certainly made me pause... kinda of a silent "oh my gosh" moment

but then i remembered that Rare is a shell of its former self. Not only did the old talent most likely leave years ago, i doubt ANYONE at rare has the talent to pull it off. Afterall, this is not the rare of Star Fox 64 and Banjo tooie; its not even the Rare of Perfect dark zero and Nutz and bolts; This is the Rare of Kinect Sports (I shudder at the thought of a Grunty Land being somekind of amusement park filled with Kinect minigames)... Honestly, unless the IP rights get transferred to another studio, i have little to no hope of a TRUE Banjo Kazooie revival. (personally i'm thinking Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Double Fine, and possibly nintendo)
Yeah, I'm not gonna get excited either. Grunty Land makes it sound like it might even be some themed, gimmicky crap.

Give it to Gory Detail. That's where some of the old Rare guys are anyway.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 11:02   Link #974
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post

Spoiler:
For a moment there I got a bit sad about Fable VI but then I remembered that Fable 3 came out for the PC anyway... and how much it sucked.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:10   Link #975
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope that's Dead Rising 3 on the middle right.

Anyway, that Halo Spartan Assult looks terrible. No one, not even girl halo fans want to play as that @!%&. Would rather play as the Lt guy in a Halo Wars 2. Atleast a new spartan male or female idc, better than HER.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:25   Link #976
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I think I see Dead Rising 3 in there....I HOPE I SEE DEAD RISING 3 IN THERE!!!
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 16:50   Link #977
T-6000

Quote:
That would be Halo Spartan Assault.

Its on ign or kotaku...
Some more info on Spartan Assault.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/142220/ha...-for-windows-8

To me it's a mere top down shooter, nothing of real interest. I think the more dedicated Halo fans will enjoy this, but I was hoping Microsoft would take the PC a bit more seriously and give us more offerings in the way of Halo.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 17:35   Link #978
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Some more info on Spartan Assault.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/142220/ha...-for-windows-8

To me it's a mere top down shooter, nothing of real interest. I think the more dedicated Halo fans will enjoy this, but I was hoping Microsoft would take the PC a bit more seriously and give us more offerings in the way of Halo.
It would benefit Xbox One if they DIDN'T take the PC more seriously... cause i mean if can get a hot xbox title on PC, then you don't really need an Xbox. Though Halo Spartan Assault will be coming out for windows 8 mobile devices... if i had a windows 8 tablet and the game was cheap, i think i'd probably pick it up

Though speaking of Halo... When can we guess Halo 5 will come out? afterall Halo 4 only came out a year ago so it seems unlikely it would be a launch title for XBone. Really one little annoying detail about the lack of backwards compatibility is that i think Halo 4, 5 and 6 are supposed to be part of a triology; and yet if you get an Xbox one but don't have a 360, you won't be able to play the first game in the trilogy. I can't help but think that Microsoft should have beefed up the graphics of the game and delayed it for one year so that Halo 4 could be a launch title for the Xbox One. Halo is a HUGE system seller and it would also make sure that xbox one gamers would be able to play the whole triology
Old 2013-06-04, 18:00   Link #979
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
For a moment there I got a bit sad about Fable VI but then I remembered that Fable 3 came out for the PC anyway... and how much it sucked.
After Peter Molyneux left lion head studios when completing Fable the Journey. We can only hope that Fable 4 does not end up the same as Fable 3.

Quote:
It would benefit Xbox One if they DIDN'T take the PC more seriously... cause i mean if can get a hot xbox title on PC, then you don't really need an Xbox. Though Halo Spartan Assault will be coming out for windows 8 mobile devices... if i had a windows 8 tablet and the game was cheap, i think i'd probably pick it up

Though speaking of Halo... When can we guess Halo 5 will come out? afterall Halo 4 only came out a year ago so it seems unlikely it would be a launch title for XBone. Really one little annoying detail about the lack of backwards compatibility is that i think Halo 4, 5 and 6 are supposed to be part of a triology; and yet if you get an Xbox one but don't have a 360, you won't be able to play the first game in the trilogy. I can't help but think that Microsoft should have beefed up the graphics of the game and delayed it for one year so that Halo 4 could be a launch title for the Xbox One. Halo is a HUGE system seller and it would also make sure that xbox one gamers would be able to play the whole triology
Well if any of the past e3s that announced Halo titles were of any indication, I would have take a guess that Halo 5 is going to be a 2014 release. Since it is quite possible that this years e3 it might just be a Halo 5 teaser trailer announcement, which is what I bet it would be.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2013-06-04 at 18:12.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 23:40   Link #980
Destined_Fate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...d#.Ua7A8UCsiSq

[About a month ago I was told by an unnamed source that Microsoft was having heating issues with the Xbox One. There wasn’t enough details to go forward with a story so it was kept under wraps until more information surfaced on this issue. Today, a completely different source close to the Xbox One project, informed me that Microsoft will have to under clock the Xbox One about 100-200mhz to fix the systems heating issues.

What does this mean to developers? Well we already know that the PS4 is more of a powerhouse than the Xbox One. It has faster RAM and bus bandwidth than the Xbox One already. Under clocking the system will widen the gap between the two consoles, but at the same time will keep the failure rate on the Xbox One very low. The last thing we need is another RRoD fiasco. In terms of games, you will see a significant difference in multiplatform titles. Lower clock speed means lower frame rates. This means that a game running 60fps on PS4 may only run at 30fps on Xbox One. Even given the current specs, this would probably still be the case except now we are under clocking the GPU. This could affect other things like the Peak Shader Throughput. If Minecraft were to be released for both Xbox One and PS4, you’d see no difference. A game like Battlefield 4 my run at a lower framerate on the Xbox One than it does on the PS4. We still don’t know how much the eSRAM is going to boost or hinder performance of the Xbox One. We also can’t leave out the fact that every developer, every game and every engine runs differently. They could theoretically boost frame rates on the Xbox One to match PS4 by turning off AA effects and lowering resolution.

I’ve received this information from two different sources, but I would still chalk it up as a rumor until we are able to get more information from Microsoft. Things could still change between now and launch. I wouldn’t worry too much about this problem because under clocking the system is the safest route to go when issues like this arise. The biggest test will be when Digital Foundry gets their hands on the first multiplatform next generation title.]

More info stuff.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/06/spike-e...ndo-microsoft/

Seems strange they aren't covering Sony at all and are running an old movie instead.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-06-05 at 00:44.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote