Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 08:27   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:59   Link #122
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Argh, I've been Ippen, shindemiru-ed again.

Jigoku Shoujo's longevity is a great mystery to me. How did this show get a third season, especially when we all thought it had ended by the close of the second? Much more mysteriously, how have they managed to make the series ever more gorgeous with each new season? While the second season improved on the first season's plot, the third improves on the second's already beautiful art. The mood and pacing in the first episode of Mitsuganae reminds me of a Japanese ghost story, rather than the corny morality plays of the first season. I'm pleasantly surprised.

This, perhaps, is Enma Ai's true curse — she's beautiful (and tragic) enough to make me ignore the dreary routine of sending (un)deserving souls to Hell.

Spoiler for some observations:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:43   Link #123
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for TinyRedLeaf:

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2008-10-11, 05:44   Link #124
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

When was the last time Jigoku Shoujo had a happy end for an episodic hell sending? I remember the politician one...

More than that, has Jigoku Shoujo suddenly gotten more ecchi/erotic in season 3...? All of the yuri and other stuff in this episode (kore... nante play?).

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:55   Link #125
sailorsean

so far there isnt anyone subbing the series? i thought this would be the first show to be subbed but still im wating... anyone know whos gonna work on this show?
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:17   Link #126
rughalt

From what I have found on the net, no one is currently subbing it (even though Shinsen Subs is listed on Who-subs-what, they didn't release any episodes yet).

Also, if no one picks it up after some time, maybe we could gather some people and do "some-kind-of" sub for it - I'm sure that among people watching it here, on Animesuki there are people fluent in japanese (I understand it well enough to watch episodes in japanese and get the main idea from it, but not enough to make good translation). I can help with karaoke/stuff and encoding (although I have a little time now, as I started collage recently and I'm a freshman, so, a lot of work). Or, we could just release .ass subs for everyone to assemble it themselves.

But, I hope somebody will start subbing it, since it is turning out to be more and more interesting. Also, since this show is produced by Aniplex (or licensed - i don't know, but Aniplex appers on sponsor list), it could be one of the resons why nobody subs it right now (hence my idea only to release subtitles).

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Last edited by rughalt; 2008-10-12 at 15:46.
rughalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:32   Link #127
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 07:06   Link #128
inpassing
bow to the emperor

The people sending and being sent to hell are usually the people we don't really care about. The selling point of jigoku shoujo is: ENMA AI.

Am I the only one annoyed with YOU doing the narration? =/
inpassing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 03:58   Link #129
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

... Gosh I hope they do stories that are actually more interesting for JS 3 ... I almost slept throughout the entire second season....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:48   Link #130
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Ah, I like the new spin on things for the third season. Mindfuck for the participants willing to give up their souls.
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 00:47   Link #131
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by rughalt View Post
From what I have found on the net, no one is currently subbing it (even though Shinsen Subs is listed on Who-subs-what, they didn't release any episodes yet).

Also, if no one picks it up after some time, maybe we could gather some people and do "some-kind-of" sub for it - I'm sure that among people watching it here, on Animesuki there are people fluent in japanese (I understand it well enough to watch episodes in japanese and get the main idea from it, but not enough to make good translation). I can help with karaoke/stuff and encoding (although I have a little time now, as I started collage recently and I'm a freshman, so, a lot of work). Or, we could just release .ass subs for everyone to assemble it themselves.

But, I hope somebody will start subbing it, since it is turning out to be more and more interesting. Also, since this show is produced by Aniplex (or licensed - i don't know, but Aniplex appers on sponsor list), it could be one of the resons why nobody subs it right now (hence my idea only to release subtitles).

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Shinsen would've probably taken their name off it if there was any question on licensing. Alternatively I've noticed Shinsen on alot of anime already, so my guess is they're spun a little thin at the moment. Just speculation. Why noone else is doing it is it's own mystery though you have to admit there is alot of good and hyped anime this season. It might have just got lost in the flood.

Either way I hope to see something from someone soon. This was on my "to see" list, this season.
Old 2008-10-15, 00:47   Link #132
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Well, so far it feels like season three is the Darker and Edgier version of Jigoku Shoujo. Funny considering the tone of the other seasons wasn't that bright.

Also, I'm working on subbing Mitsuganae. If anyone wants to help with the opening poem, the OP, or the ED, their help would be appreciated. PM me for what my translator's done so far.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:39   Link #133
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Why noone else is doing it is it's own mystery though you have to admit there is alot of good and hyped anime this season. It might have just got lost in the flood.
Yes, but it doesn't mean that those series need to be subbed by over 9000 other groups.

Quote:
Either way I hope to see something from someone soon. This was on my "to see" list, this season.
*crosses fingers*

@beanbrew
I love you.

Yeah, this time around it managed to be even more grim-dark than the other two seasons. Still it hasn't yet reached the level that the end of the second season had. Though there is no doubt that this season will exceed it.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:17   Link #134
zorahk

If you release a sub, I want my name credited for the opening poem. List me as Zorahk

sanga sansarou
the mountains and rivers are three forked,

wakare michi
branched roads

mamoritai no wa
wanting to protect

onore ka hito ka
self or other people

tokoyo no yume ka
is it the dream of eternalness?

hida no midare wa mitsuganae
the creases of disorder are three three legged kettles

owaru koto nai
the never ending

abi no en
garden of the red throated loon

toki ni wa keiri (cannot tell if it is keiri or not)
within time is the executioner

tobira ga hiraku
the door is opening,

harase no urami harashimasu
any pending revenge will be taken

NOTE: This may not be 100% accurate but it should be at least 85%. This is giving even my native speaking Japanese friends who have spoke this language for 60 years a massive headache. So please forgive if there is a mistake.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:12   Link #135
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rughalt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Alternatively I've noticed Shinsen on alot of anime already, so my guess is they're spun a little thin at the moment.
All I can say is have patience. As some of you familiar with Shinsen know, they sometimes pick up a lot of shows when a new season starts, and some take longer then others to appear. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the 5 shows already released are only about half of the new shows Shinsen is planning on releasing this season. Spun a little thin may be an understatement.
Old 2008-10-15, 20:16   Link #136
unmoldedtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
If you release a sub, I want my name credited for the opening poem. List me as Zorahk.
Only if I use your work. My translator (also a native speaker) already did that, I'm just trying to make it less painful to read. Also, he thinks the Japanese is something different.

Spoiler for Poem:

So yeah. Chances are, I'll just pick one and run with it unless someone shows me evidence that I'm wrong. Then I'll change it.
Old 2008-10-15, 23:46   Link #137
zorahk

0:02 三が三去ろう,分かれ道 The three took another path

The japanese is san ga sansaro I think, not sasarou.

I believe my translation on this one is more accurate.

0:10 ひだのみだれはみつがなえ The crease is three-fold

The problem I have with this one is that word: mitsuganae. I was getting an explanation from my Japanese friend and what I got was this: a ganae is a three legged kettle of sorts. mitsuganae would imply that there are three three legged kettles. This is confirmed by the kanji for the title of the show, which is 三鼎

終わること無い阿鼻の絵

This one you are probably right, maybe abi is being used as an abbreviation for abinojigoku but it is also possible for abi by itself to be a red loon which is where I got my translation. Yours makes more sense to me.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:01   Link #138
zaudragon
Translator of マイワイフ Subs

Send a message via AIM to zaudragon
Hey, I'm beanbrew's translator. I'll take this opportunity to discuss your translation…
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
sanga sansarou
the mountains and rivers are three forked,
In Japanese, that would be: 山河三叉路
1. Mountains can't be forked.
2. 三叉路 could work, but the sentence requires a subject. Thus, I said "三が," which would give:
The three, on a three forked road
Quote:
wakare michi
branched roads
It's a deceiving line. I just thought it over again, under the 三叉路 interpretation. With a few changes, it can become "分かれ,未知." Makes so much more sense! So:
Divided, and now are unknown.
Quote:
mamoritai no wa
wanting to protect

onore ka hito ka
self or other people
It could be self or "bastards." I couldn't decide which. Self might make more sense.
Quote:
tokoyo no yume ka
is it the dream of eternalness?

hida no midare wa mitsuganae
the creases of disorder are three three legged kettles
Now THAT I have issues with. Creases can't be three-legged kettles. What I would think is that this is a clever pun, maybe on "kanae 叶え," which would mean that it is the disorder that is causing three fulfillments of revenge/hate, represented by the three-legged kettle, and the three fulfillments could be interpreted to be the next lines:
Quote:
owaru koto nai
the never ending

abi no en
garden of the red throated loon
I like mine better. It means that the disorder causes people to go to an endless hell. Makes sense in the plot, no?
Quote:
toki ni wa keiri (cannot tell if it is keiri or not)
within time is the executioner

tobira ga hiraku
the door is opening,
This would be the second fulfilment of hate, here represented by a door. A timeless door. To what? I dunno… we can always sell hell again ^^
Quote:
harase no urami harashimasu
any pending revenge will be taken
I want this line to sound good. My Japanese I think is correct, but it should be translated better. Something along the lines of "That hate which is not fulfillable/realizable, I will realize for you." But better.
That would be the third fulfilment of hate.

And I forgive your mistakes. I make them too. And of course, say thanks to your friends, as I say thanks to you. But credits are at beanbrew's discretion
zaudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 15:10   Link #139
unmoldedtruck

That's what he said, Ojou.

Anyway, translation's about done. About half the timing too. What's left is everything else. Except editing. I do that at the same time as the timing.

And yeah. Credits are at my discretion. Between me and my translator, I wear the dictator pants in our relationship. I don't plan to finish though. Just provide something until Shinsen starts.
Old 2008-10-16, 21:07   Link #140
Gin456

I just finished Episode 2 . This show has some atmosphere like "Persona the Trinity Soul"and I quite love it.When will sub out???
Gin456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural