AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-15, 20:19   Link #281
gsilver

No one wants me to talk about how awesome Kero Kero Chime is

It's by no means "A" anime, but I had a whole lot of fun with it.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:15   Link #282
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
No one wants me to talk about how awesome Kero Kero Chime is

It's by no means "A" anime, but I had a whole lot of fun with it.
OMFG I LOVE KERO KERO CHIME. XD

.........the manga's a lot better though. The anime was quite kiddiefied. But it's still cute.

My favorite characters are Aoi, Mimori, and Makaeru.
Old 2011-04-16, 01:27   Link #283
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

30 Sai no Hoken Taiiku - I'll admit, I'm practically the only person who watches this series and likes it. (That along with Hidan no Aria are the only two series I'm keeping up with for spring.) Everyone else I know either hates it or doesn't talk about it much. Personally for me, I tend to like the humor and obscurity it provides.

Strike Witches 1 & 2 - Whether it be on this forum or elsewhere this series hasn't gotten a lot of love. People hate it for what it is: a moe, fanservice, show. (People even misconceive it as a lolicon series.) Even people who like moe shows like K-On! and Ika-musume hate it. Despite all this, Strike Witches still remains my favorite anime series to this day. A lot of what people hate it for, I love. (It even has action.) Even though Strike Witches 2 lacked a lot in many aspects and had a terrible ending (curse you AIC), I was still entertained by what Strike Witches 2 had to offer.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:24   Link #284
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.D. View Post
School Days.

I have no problem with Makoto's personality or the end of the series, but unfortunately a lot of people do.
Oh I hated Makoto, but you know what? That's why the ending was even better than I was expecting. He was the nice guy who turned into the most hateworthy guy I've ever seen to this day in Anime.
Spoiler for School Day Ending:

I just loved hating him. He was the ultimate anti-hero.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:42   Link #285
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Oh I hated Makoto, but you know what? That's why the ending was even better than I was expecting. He was the nice guy who turned into the most hateworthy guy I've ever seen to this day in Anime.
Spoiler for School Day Ending:

I just loved hating him. He was the ultimate anti-hero.
I'll join that bandwagon: Makoto represented a typical high-school romance/harem anime hero gone bad and I loved to hate him for it. I find people tend to hate school days because they go in expecting some sort of happy ending while I find that the story has a certain plausibility to it and the outcome is probably ever more plausible than the usual ending in this sort of shows.
Old 2011-05-04, 13:46   Link #286
Wanderer
Goat

the Utena movie:
A lot of people just don't get the metaphor.

Haruhi season 2:
I didn't like Endless 8 either, but it's not like it killed the series for me. I want more Haruhi animated! (Thank goodness the movie was popular; there's still hope for more).

Terra e...:
Not hated so much, just underrated.

(Not an anime, but an anime character) Flay from Gundam SEED:
Yeah, she was an evil manipulative bitch; that's what makes her interesting. That, and the way she developed as a character throughout the series.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 2011-05-04, 16:07   Link #287
Kyuu
=^^=

I like what I like. And I'm not even aware of what people hate... aside from Haruhi's Endless Eight, which I deem a masterpiece.
Old 2011-05-04, 17:22   Link #288
User68604
Disabled By Request

i love Elfen Lied - one of the 1st animes ive ever watched, got me hooked. still watch it every year and it gets better

every anime guru hates it

read the manga, hated it
Old 2011-05-04, 17:25   Link #289
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Yosuga no Sora

Flawed? Yes. Trainwreck? Sort of. End like School Days? Obviously no. Maybe not in Animesuki but in every other anime forums that I went everyone seems to hate it. There's even some troll reviews in Anime-Planet and Myanimelist and mostly written by disappointed School Days fans who hoped this show will end like their beloved show but it aint happen. There is no bloodbath in its VN either. It is quite ironic that I can safely talk about YnS in Animesuki and compared my experience in Myanimelist for example. I believe YnS were hated because not just it wasn't good enough and also wasn't bad enough. Unlike School Days which is loved for its trainwreck-ness and many other shows were hated for same reason.
i loved YnS!

great production value, arcs were interesting and unpredictable...sora arc was amazing and i loved the ending.

it was on pace for a 10/10 for my MAL rating, but i dropped it to 9 simply because the H-ness was IMO excessive and counter-productive to all the emotions that were built...it was more instilled to satiate viewers *ahem* libidos

great show nonetheless, i loved it
Old 2011-05-04, 23:29   Link #290
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genten View Post

InuYasha--Yes, I do like this anime. It's so often critisized by others but I really love watching it. Probably, again, due mostly to nostalgia: it was one of the first anime series I watched and I love reliving childhood memories with friends. However, I really do enjoy watching the show; there's something about watching an anime that doesn't care how cheesy it may be and is so straightforward in its plot and unfolding that I really love.
I love Inuyasha. I see it as a classic. I think for me part of it is nostalgia and is one of the first series I watched before I got deeper into anime. It brings up really good memories for me. And I loved the music.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:22   Link #291
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
All agreed on Haruhi 2, Elfen Lied, and Inuyasha.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:42   Link #292
stardf29

Well, I have a ton of examples I could give here due to my generally higher level of anime tolerance, but by far the most triumphant example is Sister Princess. It gets low ratings everywhere and is bashed by everyone as being either too boring, too creepy, or just downright pandering to the "want an imouto because they don't have one of their own" group.

I, on the other hand, consider it an honest and surprisingly provoking look at the relationship between older brother and younger sister.

This show is among my list of my absolute favorites, and no matter how many times I rewatch it it never seems to lose its charm (except maybe for some of the earlier episodes besides episode 3).
Old 2011-05-05, 23:05   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I like what I like. And I'm not even aware of what people hate... aside from Haruhi's Endless Eight, which I deem a masterpiece.
Heh... yeah, I thought it was brilliant in the academic sense ... the kind of thing an art student team would turn for a project. I liked watching for the subtle differences each time though the loop and thought about why Yuki wasn't utterly insane after having to experience that thousands of times.

But yeah, it was generally hated and I can see why given the extremely limited amount of time budget given to most anime series.
Old 2011-05-06, 08:56   Link #294
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
All agreed on Haruhi 2, Elfen Lied, and Inuyasha.
*raises hand* AYE!
Old 2011-05-06, 08:59   Link #295
chachaboru
Banned

shugo chara...

i know that some people doesn't like the last season since it's not really included in the manga, but i still liked it... the anime also didn't end like how the manga ended but there were some fillers that are nice and are worth watching....
Old 2011-05-09, 07:05   Link #296
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Angel Beats I guess. But there are still a lot of people who like it but there's an abnormally huge number of other people who don't.

There's also the adaptation of Xxx Holic. It's actually very well done, granted the animation isn't very nice.
Old 2011-05-09, 07:34   Link #297
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Angel Beats I guess. But there are still a lot of people who like it but there's an abnormally huge number of other people who don't.

There's also the adaptation of Xxx Holic. It's actually very well done, granted the animation isn't very nice.
for me at least, angel beats was not so much a disappointment as something that i believe would've been truly epic had it spanned 26 eps... so much wasted potential!
Old 2011-05-09, 20:42   Link #298
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Thumbs up if you like Freezing.
Old 2011-05-09, 21:20   Link #299
LonelyGirl
Observer.
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachaboru View Post
shugo chara...

i know that some people doesn't like the last season since it's not really included in the manga, but i still liked it... the anime also didn't end like how the manga ended but there were some fillers that are nice and are worth watching....
I love Shugo Chara lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I loved the Endless Eight, it was simply brilliant. I don't think most people realize how amazing the general idea is.
Old 2011-05-09, 23:38   Link #300
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Thumbs up if you like Freezing.
lol, i admit, not even i liked that