AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-21, 12:36   Link #1361
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Too bad when the 'heroine cuts her hair short' tope is done, it's always a hack job (to the hairstyle).
Anyways it was a good second season overall.

8/10
He most likely took her left hair as something omminous while she most likely did it to give him something to remember her by while she was away.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 14:05   Link #1362
HandofFate

a common anime joke when a girl cuts their hair is characters asking them if they broke up with someone.

Eris would not know that anime meaning, but to Rudeus, that meaning would hit him strongly
Old 2021-12-22, 21:19   Link #1363
maximilianjenus
[E]

yes, that's true, a common theme is that Rudeus has japanese morals and he has to adapt to this worlds. someone painted out that in milis how stone canon was super blunt, so it did not damage people, but then we saw him use a pointy, killer version , in the fight against orsted.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 02:48   Link #1364
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 07:42.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 13:55   Link #1365
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Eris looking stunning in that nightdress .
Old 2021-12-29, 15:18   Link #1366
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
a common anime joke when a girl cuts their hair is characters asking them if they broke up with someone.

Eris would not know that anime meaning, but to Rudeus, that meaning would hit him strongly
As I understand it it's a little more complicated than that. Cutting her hair is a way for a girl to sort of recognize a huge change, to show they're moving on or growing up and accepting something. This most often plays out with the girl cutting her hair when she's dumped, or occasionally with things like the point where she accepts that a relationship isn't going to come back (for instance Aoki's ex in Kokoro Connect cut her hair long after their situations separated them, as a way of showing that she'd moved on). In a sense, this haircut still fits perfectly well with the Japanese trope. Eris is cutting her hair to recognize that she's been forced to face and accept some hard truths, that she needed to grow up. All that said, it is true that the stereotype is a girl cuts her hair when she is dumped, and it'd be easy for him to interpret it as her setting her crush aside and leaving him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 17:53   Link #1367
grecefar

The only problem I had with this ending was eris being that blunt in the letter, it didn't explain anything an anyone would've get the bad idea of that. If it was me the next time I met her I just tell her to fuck herself.

8/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 00:21   Link #1368
Tenzen12

What else would you expect from Eris?
Old 2021-12-30, 00:29   Link #1369
HandofFate

blunt, plus its not like Eris is that fluent, she was still in the middle of lessons in writing, reading, math and other things. And then getting teleported, doubt she kept up with her lessons during the past year. So couple blunt with bad literacy is formula for misunderstanding
Old 2021-12-30, 06:34   Link #1370
magnuskn

C'mon, Eris basically has a fist for a brain. You can't really expect something else but "blunt" from her.
Old 2021-12-30, 11:25   Link #1371
BWTraveller
Born to ship

LN made it a little clearer.
Spoiler:
Old 2021-12-30, 16:57   Link #1372
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hina cuts her hair short when she moves on to high school in 3-gatsu no Lion. It's a pretty common theme of maturation. Sometimes I've seen it used to indicate a woman has taken on some form of warrior status.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 17:11   Link #1373
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Hina cuts her hair short when she moves on to high school in 3-gatsu no Lion. It's a pretty common theme of maturation. Sometimes I've seen it used to indicate a woman has taken on some form of warrior status.
Well, in her case there was still the feeling of love lost:
Spoiler:
Old 2022-01-01, 19:10   Link #1374
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I felt that Eris cut her hair to make it less easy for people to recognize her?

it's still awful-looking either way but

HEY you little kids are too young to be having SECKS!.for real though, what would Eris do if she became pregnant from that one night!

It's nice to finally see Slyphie again; she's actually my favorite girl for him lol
Old 2022-03-15, 14:46   Link #1375
Huh...?

So, the OVA introduced 3 new Characters to the Series, who are going to play roles in the future.
Sad that the Female Knight didn't get the same exposure as the Light Novel, since there is more to her plot around the Millis Kingdom part.

Note: The Sub for the OVA is available on Funimation & Muse Asia

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 23:35   Link #1376
Frontier

Pretty interesting way of depicting Cliff's backstory...losing his family to war (?), being taken in by the pope (?), becoming a magical prodigy, and then deciding he wants to become an adventurer .

Seeing a little more of the bias against demons on display. It's not pretty .

Did Rudeus get to see the busty guild receptionist? I hope he did .

Gotta love Eris trying to be reasonable and calm when Cliff is starting a fight with adult adventurers, expecting to be praised for it...only for him to insult her and then she starts to beat the tar out of him. Some things never change .

I love how they imply Cliff used healing magic to fix his face after Eris pummeled him and then straight up showed it happen after she hit him again .

Well, to Cliff's credit, he wasn't kidding about how strong his magic is, he just doesn't have the finesse or acumen of Rudy quite yet .

That female knight looked cute, as did her young charge. I'm guessing her special eyes denotes her being the next in-line for the Papacy ?

Eris taking down all those knights solo looked amazing! Really puts into perspective how much more skilled and capable she is! And how vicious, she sliced one dude in half .

Eris caught herself and declared she was Ruijerd, as part of their plan to promote how the Superd aren't the evil monsters the world thinks they are. I'm so proud of her .

Of course, as is often the case with the world of Mushoku Tensei, Eris' good deed isn't as black and white as it seems...because on the one hand she saved a young, innocent, girl from bad guys, only for it to turn out that said girl represents a faction that's xenophobic towards demons, and the faction after her believes in coexistence. And those guys she killed were apparently Cliff's tutors .

I have to admire Cliff just going straight to the proposal when he's fallen for Eris .

Look at the way Eris looks while she's talking about how amazing Rudeus is...that's a girl in love. Although that comes at the cost of breaking Cliff's heart .

Interesting parallel with both Rudeus and Cliff being down in the dumps, and Cliff seemingly beginning to view Rudy as a rival just from what Eris has told him .
Old 2022-03-16, 16:13   Link #1377
Tenzen12

Eris is savage. In more then one way

Anyway I really like how was discrimination portraited here. Usually it's much more heavy handed in anime.
Old 2022-03-16, 17:34   Link #1378
GDB

Good episode, though I'm really surprised Cliff got so much focus. Was fully expecting this to focus on Fittz.

The manga version of this episode was like... 1-2 pages long.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-02, 06:30   Link #1379
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The author of this novel is now doing a parody of Berserk where the MC is a orc Guts who wants to get laid. He meets totall not Casca who suffers a mental breakdown after.... you know and embarks on a journey to save her.

Tags
drama, isekai