AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-05, 15:10   Link #401
grecefar

Well that was quite the chapter, he should use the noble outfit more since is then when things get interesting. Quite the shock when he killed all the nobles and seeing carmine alive, I didn't see that coming.

I doubt carla is going to be part of the harem now, if she fall in love with souma then she would never kill him like the others.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 15:18   Link #402
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well that was quite the chapter, he should use the noble outfit more since is then when things get interesting. Quite the shock when he killed all the nobles and seeing carmine alive, I didn't see that coming.

I doubt carla is going to be part of the harem now, if she fall in love with souma then she would never kill him like the others.
Yeah, Carla's thighs may be amazing, but her emotional detachment from Souma is important in terms of making sure she can have the objectivity to stop him from becoming a tyrant.
Old 2022-02-05, 15:52   Link #403
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Actually the anime did say primary and secondary queen, it’s just the English subs wasn’t accurate.
Main point is, what did Marx say when Juna's position was being mentioned.

If i heard right, it was said "Sokushi", which seems to be part of "Sokushitsu" which means Concubine.

For Aisha, if i am right, they used the word "Dainiseihi", which means Second Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, Carla's thighs may be amazing, but her emotional detachment from Souma is important in terms of making sure she can have the objectivity to stop him from becoming a tyrant.
There is another aspect which plays an important part as well (which the Anime skipped here, but was mentioned previously during S1).
And that is, Carla being a Slave registered to Souma & Liscia, can't go against them. So, if Carla attempts to kill Souma, she would die as well, as the collar would squeeze her neck the moment she acts against either of them.
This means that, unless its extremely necessary, Carla would not act against Souma either even by order.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 15:55   Link #404
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Main point is, what did they say when Juna's position was being mentioned by Marx.

If i heard right, it was said "Sokushi", which seems to be part of "Sokushitsu" which means Concubine.

For Aisha, if i am right, they used the word "Dainiseihi", which means Second Queen.
“Sokuhi” means secondary/side queen. The english subs translated it as consort, which was not quite accurate.

“Dainiseihi” means 2nd primary queen.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 16:10   Link #405
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
“Sokuhi” means secondary/side queen. The english subs translated it as consort, which was not quite accurate.

“Dainiseihi” means 2nd primary queen.
Oh, its like that
I was hearing “Sokushi”, which sounded like "Sokushitsu" (primarily because Souma had cut in between while Marx was talking, so i thought the word was said incomplete).

Plus, every MTL and even Jisho, didn't give me a correct output for those words, and the words "側妃" used for Juna's position and "第二正妃" used for Aisha's position in the LN.

Old 2022-02-05, 22:03   Link #406
Znail

Castor actually got away with a lesser punnishment then Carmine. He is long lived as they talked about him serving for hundreds of years more, so he have the chance to be redeemed in 10 years or so. Carla being reduced to slave is a bit harsh, but on the other hand so will it let her stay around and be Liscia's friend. I guess she can also regain her freedom if she does something spectacular.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-06, 10:43   Link #407
Lex79

I don't like tragedies but I think it's important for this series to show Souma having to make difficult choices for his country, so the way Carmine, Carla and Castor were punished works well as a compromise for me.
Old 2022-02-06, 15:06   Link #408
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Other isekai being bad does not make being bad alright in any of them though...
It's about expectations. You don't go into an action shounen and then complain that the fights are unrealistic and that all problems get solved with violence. In the same way, it's expected in an isekai that people are amazed at everything the protagonist does even if it really shouldn't be all that impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
What I find odd is how little power the king have in this country. Even in USA the president (essentially an elected king) have the power to pardon people at will.
The notion of a king with absolute power who can do whatever and gets no opposition for it is a myth. Every leader can lead only with the approval of other powerful people. Historically, countless kings have been dethroned because other powerful people did not agree with the king's decisions. Souma technically has absolute power, but that absolute power can vanish in an instant if sufficiently powerful people group together to start an insurrection. Of course, purging opposition like Souma did in this episode greatly helps in reducing the risk of that happening. Dead people can't oppose the king, after all
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-06, 15:19   Link #409
Tenzen12

Later is universaly bad writing, while former can go either way.
Old 2022-02-06, 21:12   Link #410
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
There is another aspect which plays an important part as well (which the Anime skipped here, but was mentioned previously during S1).
And that is, Carla being a Slave registered to Souma & Liscia, can't go against them. So, if Carla attempts to kill Souma, she would die as well, as the collar would squeeze her neck the moment she acts against either of them.
I was really fucking confused as to how exactly that was supposed to work... like is Souma fallible for once or is the writer treating us as dumb as the entire Idiocracy kingdom before Souma showed up? If push came to shove she's not even going to get past Aisha before her head explodes. Seemed like a really disingenuous thing to ask of Carla.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 02:20   Link #411
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I was really fucking confused as to how exactly that was supposed to work... like is Souma fallible for once or is the writer treating us as dumb as the entire Idiocracy kingdom before Souma showed up? If push came to shove she's not even going to get past Aisha before her head explodes. Seemed like a really disingenuous thing to ask of Carla.
Well, for the Slave Collar, i think what count as "Action to Restrict & Punish" are those either Spoken or those which are physically acted on.
So, even if Carla thinks of the timing to kill Souma, she won't immediately get punished by the Slave Collar, until she acts on it. And being a slave working exclusively for Liscia & Souma, she could easily get close to him whenever needed. And being a member of a Dragonewt race, she is physically enough stronger to be able to withstand the pressure of her neck being squeezed, if she had resolved herself (aka., as long as she fear her own death, she won't be able to kill Souma, even after Souma becomes a tyrant; but if she resolves herself, then she can easily, unless Souma takes action before that).

Old 2022-02-07, 05:29   Link #412
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
No. He knows he's literally asking her to die to take him out, if need be.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-07, 07:36   Link #413
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Its the epitome of "you only had one job!" if that collar can fail so spectacularly at literally its only fucking function that the king can end up dead. And we saw big ass Georg Carmine put a (much larger) collar on as well, race has already been accounted for. That she can somehow kill him by "resolving herself" just seems like bullshit.

I really hope he's just trying to set up an outlet for her to redeem herself because otherwise he seems incredibly disingenuous... though I guess it is possible the writing is just that bad.
Old 2022-02-07, 10:14   Link #414
Tenzen12

Writing is bad, but not in this particular case. I don't even need to read novel (thank goodness) to see that such colar would be very potent deterrent as most people aren't fond of... you know... dying. There is also no reason to assume anything better can be done anyway.
Old 2022-02-07, 10:37   Link #415
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Writing is bad, but not in this particular case. I don't even need to read novel (thank goodness) to see that such colar would be very potent deterrent as most people aren't fond of... you know... dying. There is also no reason to assume anything better can be done anyway.
Most people aren't fond of being... you know... slaves either and its entirely reasonable that death would be preferable. If the collar can't protect its master from a kamikaze attack its an embarrassment to collars from Battle Royale to Suicide Squad and every other neck explosive that has existed.
Old 2022-02-07, 11:19   Link #416
Tenzen12

History proves that being slave is preferable to be death, otherwise there would be much less slaves and bussines around it would be unsustainable.

Also neither Battle Royale nor The suicide squad collars would be able stop its wearer from killing someone. In matter of fact, this magical one is probably more reliable as it doesn't need any surveillance or human decision.
Old 2022-02-07, 11:34   Link #417
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm with Stray about the collar. I mean, what's the point of the magic slave collar if the said slave can still harm the master by doing a suicide attack?
Old 2022-02-07, 22:16   Link #418
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The discussion about the slave collar-thing went WAY off track. Let's keep the discussion related to what the anime is presenting (with supplemental information placed under properly-labeled spoiler tags).

Another thing is please refrain from making any personal attacks (referencing Forum Rule 1.2)
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-08, 02:35   Link #419
Huh...?

Well, i won't explain on the Slave stuff more, because it would be explained in an upcoming episode.
But different situations have different conditions, and its not always like people who are treated as Slave would prefer to die rather than live.
Only, those people who are treated badly as slaves or have nothing to lose, wouldn't fear death after becoming a Slave.
Others, always cling to the hope of becoming free someday and try to live as much as they can.

Its just modernized thinking, that those in a specific position are forced as such and would be unhappy with it, and would rather prefer to die (or do something else) than live with it.

Like with Harem situation (one of the most hated topic, which for many automatically makes a Story bad, easily seen in the comments here), were modernized thinking is that, its "bad" because it creates conflicts in the family dynamic, derogatory to women, and wives would have to fight in-between for their husband's love.
But are forgetting the fact that, concept of Love is not always about possessiveness, but also about sharing and caring (which can happen in both monogamy & polygamy).
I mean, if its ok for people to share their love with their children's or other family members (like, grandparents, parents, siblings, cousin, etc).
Why is it wrong/bad in the case with polygamy?
Why is it seen as derogatory, if the people in question willingly wish to be in a relation like that? (be it any kind of Polygamy)

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-02-08 at 03:04.
Old 2022-02-08, 03:40   Link #420
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Won't immediately kill the wearer at the first rebellious thought" is probably more a feature than a bug anyway. You get a much lower ration of corpse to live slave during the training phase.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote