AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 15:38   Link #441
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
This Armored Trooper is starting to sound like the Allied Peacekeeper from Red Alert.

So, all the enemy needs to do is throw Molotov Cocktails at it?

No, really. think about it.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-16 at 19:21.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:40   Link #442
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
This Armored Trooper is starting to sound like the Allied Peacekeeper from Red Alert...
Heh, now you have me thinking of how weird a VC/RA3 crossover might get...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 21:05   Link #443
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Got the demo today, and one major thing I've noticed is that the Support Troopers now have a different weapon rather than sharing a self-loading rifle with the Scouts. Not only that, the AP they get has been reduced further. There IS one thing that's throwing me off, and that's the new weapon. It seems to look like a carbine, but somehow the game lists that class' weapon as a "PISTOL" O_O. So I decided to split the difference and consider the weapon a Pistol-calibre Carbine.
Old 2009-11-17, 10:26   Link #444
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Got the demo today, and one major thing I've noticed is that the Support Troopers now have a different weapon rather than sharing a self-loading rifle with the Scouts. Not only that, the AP they get has been reduced further. There IS one thing that's throwing me off, and that's the new weapon. It seems to look like a carbine, but somehow the game lists that class' weapon as a "PISTOL" O_O. So I decided to split the difference and consider the weapon a Pistol-calibre Carbine.
A pistol caliber carbine? Are we talking about something similar to the M1 Carbine which fires a .30 caliber carbine rounds that look almost like a pistol round? Come to think of it, the M1 Carbine was often carried by other service troops like engineers, medics, mortar crew, radio operators, and even Sergeants and Officers. Also the M1 Carbine weighed about 5 lbs (2.5 kg) empty and for those of who carried and held various firearms, the M1 Carbine is extremely lightweight. Maybe the ammunition the support troopers are using is the 7.92mm Kurz (short).
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 13:53   Link #445
cloner4000

knife throwing is just funny, I've seen my friend getting double KO from throwing knifes and knifing the other guy. But it would be hard to implement it in VC2 though, since it's not really an FPS.

Ramal is a nice character..I think...beside the fact I still don't know his purpose in the end..I almost thought he had one, but it prove me wrong.

Anyway, it's a welcoming sight to have old characters. I love Cameos.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:44   Link #446
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Off Topic: Three Words:

Commie Backstab Clusterf-! *Boom*

On Topic:

Wait... the Demo's out? What reigon, or all reigons?
Old 2009-11-17, 20:57   Link #447
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
The characters in the demo seem pretty cool. I think I'm going to like them! Also it's nice to hear some of the originals come back as well... So yeah... CAN'T WAIT!
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 08:05   Link #448
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Wait... the Demo's out? What reigon, or all reigons?
Just Japan. Well, I should clarify. Since the PSP is not region locked, it is possible to get the demo to work on your PSP no matter where you are... the issue is that it's only in Japanese. If that doesn't stop you, I say you should download it and play it. (I'm going to do the same myself... as soon as I figure out how to get it from my computer to my PSP)
Old 2009-11-18, 12:50   Link #449
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Just Japan. Well, I should clarify. Since the PSP is not region locked, it is possible to get the demo to work on your PSP no matter where you are... the issue is that it's only in Japanese. If that doesn't stop you, I say you should download it and play it. (I'm going to do the same myself... as soon as I figure out how to get it from my computer to my PSP)
you can connect it throw the cable to USB, it's the type that's common for most digital camera and stuff, or if you have a memory card slot for Sony. you can probably drag it to the game or iso folder.

thanks for the link though..I was wondering where you can get it.
Old 2009-11-18, 22:02   Link #450
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
the issue is that it's only in Japanese.
Like I'm about to let a little thing like that stop me.

Goodbye RA2 OST and "Mutter," hello Tactical RPG Demo.

EDIT: Ya know... I haven't a clue how you put games on the PSP... hilfe mir!

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-18 at 22:16. Reason: Need Help, didn't want to Double Post
Old 2009-11-18, 23:21   Link #451
KariOhki

Quote:
EDIT: Ya know... I haven't a clue how you put games on the PSP... hilfe mir!
Easiest way is to use a USB cable to hook the PSP to your computer (something like a mini 6-pin to USB, I think?). Drop the demo folder into the Game folder on your PSP. There's a diagram on the demo download page.

And yeah, playing games in Japanese...either you figure it out, or you find an online guide and babelfish it. I got through Ar tonelico II this way, and plan to do the same for the third in that series.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 11:02   Link #452
Runty

Website just updated. We now have a hot science prof to add to the cast (or something, she wears a lab coat). Dunno her name...

Also, a somewhat awkward cutscene got added to Avan's profile. I facepalmed at seeing Cosette restrain him from doing something stupid. Again, can't determine what was going on.

Last is an update on the BLITZ system. It's now got all three videos up and running. Stuff any VC veteran should be familiar with, I'd think.

Last but not least, another blog update. Something about it made Avan look like a baka.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 14:15   Link #453
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Website just updated. We now have a hot science prof to add to the cast (or something, she wears a lab coat). Dunno her name...
She looks like the chief of the scientists experimenting on young Selveria in episode 24 of the anime.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 16:07   Link #454
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
She looks like the chief of the scientists experimenting on young Selveria in episode 24 of the anime.
I think you're onto something. A translation of her profile, albeit a crappy one, seems to indicate that she's an expert on Valkyria, science-wise. That, and she has old ties with the Empire.

So yeah, maybe she IS the scientist who raised Selvaria.

EDIT: This clip is a pretty funny one, but I could use a transcript.
http://valkyria2.jp/mov_character01_02.html

Can anyone assist?

Last edited by Runty; 2009-11-19 at 16:22.
Old 2009-11-19, 16:51   Link #455
cloner4000

Quote:
I think you're onto something. A translation of her profile, albeit a crappy one, seems to indicate that she's an expert on Valkyria, science-wise. That, and she has old ties with the Empire.

So yeah, maybe she IS the scientist who raised Selvaria.

EDIT: This clip is a pretty funny one, but I could use a transcript.
http://valkyria2.jp/mov_character01_02.html

Can anyone assist?

yea and she also got famous through research on the artificial Valkyrian project. at least that's what I can guess from.
Old 2009-11-19, 17:11   Link #456
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
yea and she also got famous through research on the artificial Valkyrian project. at least that's what I can guess from.
Oi, do I smell a comparison to Einstein or what?
Old 2009-11-19, 23:26   Link #457
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Which reminds me, someone wrote a VC/RA fanfic on fanfiction.net

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 02:06   Link #458
Neovoid

Quote:
Oi, do I smell a comparison to Einstein or what?
I thought Einstein's Theory of Relatively gave birth to nuclear weapons? And wasn't he also the inventor of the Chronosphere and Prism Weapons? While the Soviet's Tesla weapons were obviously derived from the work of Nikolai Tesla.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 02:59   Link #459
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I thought Einstein's Theory of Relatively gave birth to nuclear weapons? And wasn't he also the inventor of the Chronosphere and Prism Weapons? While the Soviet's Tesla weapons were obviously derived from the work of Nikolai Tesla.
I mean as in he was coerced into making military developments for Germany.

Found a video on Youtube that has given the new Prof. a name. Her name, apparently, is Clementia Forster. Dunno any other info besides that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q02S219Zgp8

Last edited by Runty; 2009-11-20 at 03:03. Reason: Youtube video
Old 2009-11-20, 16:22   Link #460
Runty

TV website had an update on some content in the next DVD. This one features the voice actors playing the game, though I can't tell whether or not they're playing a demo or a beta.

BUT, we get to see Edy kicking ass, even if only for a second! YAY!

Here's a link:
http://www.valkyria-anime.com/special/pspwar/index.html