AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 14 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 24.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-02, 03:44   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK II, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-02, 13:29   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kaminomi II-IV - I Want to Shine!:
Old 2011-05-02, 13:57   Link #3
LKK

An ultimately disappointing episode for me. Not enough Keima. Although I did like
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-05-02, 13:58   Link #4
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Spoiler for Epi 4:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-05-02 at 15:52. Reason: No manga spoilers or hints
Old 2011-05-02, 14:10   Link #5
Seihai
スマイリウム

^better delete that spoiler before a mod gets to it.

Keima didn't do much this time, can't be helped. That the loose soul doesn't look terrifying can't be helped either because it was the same in the manga, guess that they could have changed it though... loose souls don't all look the same so there might be better ones in the future.

Haven't watched it yet but can't wait to. Where's my overdosis of Elsie?!
Old 2011-05-02, 15:21   Link #6
mtarzaim

At least we've got plenty of chibis this time.
Lots of avatar material.

They could have made the fight more fast spaced, with better aerial dodging and possessed students throwing tiles to the girls.
Missed opportunity.

Keima didn't do much this episode, but it was a "Elsie centered" story. And he isn't the brawler type anyway.

Next arc should be my favorite too with my favorite girl (beside Shiori). Let's see how they will visually handle the cockroach curse...

If it's not in the good old Saint Seiya fashion, I will be utterly disappointed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk2vJlZ-qug

Old 2011-05-02, 15:46   Link #7
Seihai
スマイリウム

I still liked it... but it was worse than I expected. The loose soul looks terrifying enough to me, but it's just that it does nothing at all. The possessed students also don't do a lot. I don't understand why the students are sandwich zombies while Haqua can freely move around and still express herself.

Now that we're in anime territory with Haqua I also realize how useless Haqua's scythe actually is, though the raiment gains plus points instead.

The pace feels even slower than usual despite the fact that Haqua still only got 2 episodes. This is the point where I think it would have been good to include skipped parts (or that chapter for the second half...! It's so good, too...) in it to have more content and speed things up. I assume that couldn't be done due to bad arrangement possibilities of the episodes or something.

Plus points for:
-Elsie with hair down (you're not alone, guys!)
-upset Elsie who draws a fire truck on the ground
-Keima who plays dead twice, and gets stepped on twice

7/10; it's because it could have been one of the best episodes that it was a bigger disappointment since it didn't turn out to be that good. I think this is one of the episodes where I really feel the direction isn't the best.
Old 2011-05-02, 15:53   Link #8
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Really love this show!!!

I did want to see more Kami-sama goodness, but in his greatness I guess he had to let Elsie be the one to resolve Haqua's issue this time.

Always lots of great moments in the show, Elsie's fire engine fetish is very cute, especially when teamed with jealousy... Is she jealous? Can someone like Elsie be jealous?
Old 2011-05-02, 15:59   Link #9
Seihai
スマイリウム

I don't know if jealousy is an automatic result but it's more that Elsie thinks that Keima is simply very mean towards her compared to other people. She doesn't dislike how he treats others, she dislikes how he treats her. A comparison ought to be there for her to actually get angrier than usual like in the Haqua arc, but jealousy? I'm not so sure. If it's really jealousy then it's still a very harmless and innocent one.
Old 2011-05-02, 17:14   Link #10
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I almost shed manly tears. ALMOST. I'm so glad that this series can get a sad emotional response out of me like that. Bravo!

Elsie and Hakua took the lead this episode considering there's not much Keima could do in a situation like this. Lol at him using every bit of free time he can scrape up to play VN's.

As threatening as the escaped spirit looked in this episode, as Vanish mentioned it didn't really do a whole lot, but then again this isn't an action anime so I'll keep my complaints about that to a minimum.

I'm guessing they're gonna squeeze Hakua into the future episodes somehow, even though in the manga she doesn't appear again for a few arcs.
Old 2011-05-02, 18:05   Link #11
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

This episode felt stretched out, and the melodrama felt a little too forced, but other than that, it was a good episode. I loved Keima's innocent bystander act, he got stepped on twice! And we got some background on Haqua which is always good. I hope she makes more appearances throughout the anime
Old 2011-05-02, 18:11   Link #12
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Hehe. Elsie was wearing a schoolgirl uniform. I chuckled.
Old 2011-05-02, 18:47   Link #13
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Haqua... finally a tsundere that balances the two sides of the archtype, I guess she'll be a regular from now, I mean Elsie is cute and stuff, but Haqua just blow the meter.

And by the way, what's up with all the Keima fans? I find him rather blant and boring.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:05   Link #14
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And by the way, what's up with all the Keima fans? I find him rather blant and boring.
Let's see...:
-intelligent
-good looks
-can win every girl for him if he needs to (at least so far) without creating a harem(!)
-isn't dense in an idiotic sense but rather he chooses to be the way he is
-etc.?

If you mean he is blant and boring in the sense that he is too perfect then I can tell you that he isn't perfect at all. People like him because he's cool as that, and very unlike other male characters. I mean, at least I wouldn't know a similar male mc.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:19   Link #15
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Let's see...:
-intelligent
-good looks
-can win every girl for him if he needs to (at least so far) without creating a harem(!)
-isn't dense in an idiotic sense but rather he chooses to be the way he is
-etc.?

If you mean he is blant and boring in the sense that he is too perfect then I can tell you that he isn't perfect at all. People like him because he's cool as that, and very unlike other male characters. I mean, at least I wouldn't know a similar male mc.
They're abbundant, in fact, but you'd have to look outside of the seinen school love comedy genre. Or whatever you would classify kaminomi as.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:42   Link #16
Malkuth
Banned

LangeNeus covered me, except for "can win every girl for him if he needs to"

The only girls he conquers not only conveniently fit archetypes from his game (well otherwise the whole concept wouldn't be funny), but also does so with excessive and unrealistic information about them.

Anyway, it's not that his annoying or anything, just that every other character, especially his mom, Haqua, and Elsie are far more interesting to watch
Old 2011-05-02, 19:48   Link #17
Texas84
よろしく

Well, I got caught up in the Haqua excitement but Elsie stole this episode.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:48   Link #18
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
LangeNeus covered me, except for "can win every girl for him if he needs to"

The only girls he conquers not only conveniently fit archetypes from his game (well otherwise the whole concept wouldn't be funny), but also does so with excessive and unrealistic information about them.

Anyway, it's not that his annoying or anything, just that every other character, especially his mom, Haqua, and Elsie are far more interesting to watch
Funny thing is, what you describe is exactly what makes him a paragon amongst otaku. He uses his fatal flaws (social depravity and a sickening obsession for dating sims) and turns it into a virtue by using them to save the day. It's a niche that's both utterly ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
Old 2011-05-02, 20:24   Link #19
Malkuth
Banned

I fail to see the awesomeness, but ridiculousness still works for me
Old 2011-05-02, 20:32   Link #20
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
I fail to see the awesomeness, but ridiculousness still works for me
It's because we Europeans don't care much for Japanese virtues