This is going to end up being more convoluted than Xam'd
Xam'd was twice as convolute as AO.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:20   Link #2462
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
Also, I thought of something strange just now. Why is Renton so surprised that the Seven Swell appeared? If he had still had the original typeZERO (you know, the one with the archetype), he would have been able to activate it. But before you can even ask yourself that, you have to ask when the Seven Swell acquired time travel properties in the first place. Looks like even though Renton's acquired a mad scientist getup (presumably from becoming a mad scientist), he hasn't gotten exponentially smarter.
He's been waiting for it, it looks to me. Eureka lost the Nirvash when she was brought back in episode 12, so he can't do it himself anymore.

Personally, this one I will blame on the writers using a familiar term when it is not the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marower View Post
This just felt odd. Will it ever be adressed? I doubt it.
It's just a continuity nod. It's not important.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:23   Link #2463
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He's been waiting for it, it looks to me. Eureka lost the Nirvash when she was brought back in episode 12, so he can't do it himself anymore.

Personally, this one I will blame on the writers using a familiar term when it is not the same thing.
I agree. Renton wouldn't be able to do it himself had the Spec2 not disappeared in a Scub Burst.

What we're trying to agree on here is that Renton wasn't able to make his own Amita Drive and/or the Nirvash typeZERO was unique in its ability to create the Seven Swell and either way he can't spacetime hop without it.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 22:19   Link #2464
Kurohane

Just finished watching episode 22. It was glad to see Renton, finally! I guess he'll appear in the upcomming battle between Ao and Truth. I too worry how this series will end with only two episodes, because there are still issues that still remain. I hate we have to wait until November to watch the rest as it left with such a major cliffhanger. My guess is episode 23 will be the end of Truth, and episode 24 will be about finding Eureka and removing the Scub Corals. If that is so, I can't understand why the wait for so long and try to fit it all in only two episodes. Why do some animes do that? The keep fans guessing until the very end only to give a vaque and short summary of the answers. Hopefully, there is another series after this.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:38   Link #2465
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm sorry (I really am, you guys don't know how HUGE of a fan I am of the original series) but this was not worth the wait. The entire build up to all of this was mostly aimless and the show had massive problems with just being consistent and actually having its own direction. This show was entirely devoid of soul. It wasn't some marketable commercial offspring, I know that much but it was just vapid and without heart. The original E7 was overflowing with emotion, passion, and love. Almost every character was developed well and god damn did I ever fall in love with Eureka and Renton as they progressed through the series.

I feel nothing for Ao, Naru, Truth, or Eureka in this series. I don't actually hate any of them, or any of the characters for that matter (as in if I had thought they were wasted material) but I lack any actual emotional attachment to anyone, period. I think that's a terrible thing. Hell, in the original E7 I loathed Anemone for most of the series, until they really went into her character. I ended up loving her and really feeling for her.

I mean REALLY what was the point of this show? I hate to even ask that question but I'm going to ask it. I'm not sure I'll really care to remember to watch the last episode in a few months.

*sigh*

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 22:59   Link #2466
Kurohane

That's what I have been hearing. This show does not offer the same emotional impact and attachment to the series. It is not like the characters are unlikeable, its just their is no emotinal link to them. The show hasn't gone as much deeper into their character as the original. With Renton, we constantly knew what he was thinking, how he was feeling, and watched him mature. AO hasn't done any of that with Ao. You are the third or fourth person I encountered to mentione this, and I am sure there are more that feel the same way.
Old 2012-09-29, 00:16   Link #2467
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Man this show really needs that second season to really be allowed to bring everything in and do AO justice.
Is there still a possibility for a second season / third series / any continuation? Who knows, they might be able to make a good one in order to make up for the bloody mess they've created. I'm sure it'll work if they come crying to Dai Sato, begging for help.

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This just felt odd. Will it ever be adressed? I doubt it.
Unless the city of Controrado was physically above (Scub Coral layer) New York City in Psalms of Planets, which I highly doubt, then this reference doesn't really have any significance, except maybe confirmation that this is indeed Renton, or something for us to go "Damn, I remember that from PoP episode 15!" over.
Seems like the text-filled stickers on its chest peeled off.

Also, look at the detailing level differences. It clearly hints which series had the bigger budget for drawing and animation.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 02:06   Link #2468
ReddyRedWolf

What genes did Ao inherit from Renton that made him a stud?!

Elena- She like him but she got friendzoned. She is fine with that.

Cloe- Two years younger than Ao she was starting to like him. Then her history got rewritten

Fleur- First she was teasing Ao about Naru as his girlfriend. Now she vehemently denies that they are a couple and are just childhood friends.

Naru- She did it all for Ao. Misunderstandings are entirely her fault.

On Truth much like Naru and Elena were led to believe an ideal world threw visions of other world his ideal world is one without Scubs or Secrets. His ideal world is our world. Either he saw our world before or through the Scub or... Johansson was a native of our world.

While Eureka is stuck between dimensions in the time stream of the AO universe Renton has been sliding world to world looking for his family and the solution to the multiverse crisis. Scub appearing through other worlds led to their demise much like what led to the Exodus of humanity.

Renton spoke of a Quarantine which I suspect is related to Secrets.

Oh the world he was on? From what I've heard about the ship Renton inspected it is probably the Pocketful of Rainbows universe.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 03:45   Link #2469
Raincollie

I just went full WAT:

Spoiler for Huge image.:

So far the only ideas I've heard regarding this ship / machine / whatever in the movie is symbolisation of the dove from Noah's Ark story. I honestly didn't think we'll get to hear about it ever again. Is there something about it that I don't know?

Also, I'm almost certain that the ship Renton is exploring in the following scene isn't the dove-like one as we see here, but the Gekko, as there's a Gekko-like green shed in there, plus the LFO toy he took with him from episode 15 of Kokyoshihen. But what's with the corpses inside?

My guess is that the Renton we see here is traveling between universes (Kokyoshihen and Pocketful of Rainbows), but originally comes from Kokyoshihen.
Alternatively, that weird dove-like ship just might have traveled to Kokyoshihen's universe.

But then again, I really don't know what to make of the Nirvash. It looks and flies like the Spec V from the movie, but its colors perfectly match the Spec 3's.

I really need other people's thoughts right now.
Old 2012-09-29, 03:54   Link #2470
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Finally! Renton appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Elena- She like him but she got friendzoned. She is fine with that.

Cloe- Two years younger than Ao she was starting to like him. Then her history got rewritten

Fleur- First she was teasing Ao about Naru as his girlfriend. Now she vehemently denies that they are a couple and are just childhood friends.

Naru- She did it all for Ao. Misunderstandings are entirely her fault.

On Truth much like Naru and Elena were led to believe an ideal world threw visions of other world his ideal world is one without Scubs or Secrets. His ideal world is our world. Either he saw our world before or through the Scub or... Johansson was a native of our world.

While Eureka is stuck between dimensions in the time stream of the AO universe Renton has been sliding world to world looking for his family and the solution to the multiverse crisis. Scub appearing through other worlds led to their demise much like what led to the Exodus of humanity.

Renton spoke of a Quarantine which I suspect is related to Secrets.

Oh the world he was on? From what I've heard about the ship Renton inspected it is probably the Pocketful of Rainbows universe.
I am now on the Fleur and Ao camp.

I wonder how will Renton solve the multiverse problem? I am guessing the Quartz Gun.

The question is: Which Renton is he? TV universe or Movie universe?
Old 2012-09-29, 06:59   Link #2471
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have Renton voiced by Keiji Fujiwara? This is so jarring.

Having Renton appear right before the "break" was a nice move on their part. I wouldn't have cared as much about seeing the continuation otherwise.
Old 2012-09-29, 08:39   Link #2472
zeroron

the thing you have to remember dude is these scubs in AO are the originals the ones that first came that why there behavior is different . the reason for human form coralians was becuase of the mistake the made in AO. and the reason the couldnt communicate thier ao is becuase hes rom the future human form and fure human hes only half coralian
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:17   Link #2473
Marower

I made him better!

Images

Now you can actually recognize the character.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:36   Link #2474
Raincollie

Quote:
I made him better!

Images

Now you can actually recognize the character.
May I request the opposite?
Old 2012-09-29, 10:52   Link #2475
Marower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
May I request the opposite?
Haha, wish I could! I actually tried doing it, but it didn't turn out very well. Looked really bad. Then again, I am using paint

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 11:00   Link #2476
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have Renton voiced by Keiji Fujiwara? This is so jarring.
Pretty much, a really awful decision about as bad as having Rie Kugimiya voice an teenage Alphonse during the Brotherhood epilogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
gene? More like a cancerous disease called 'harem lead' reputedly it also kills brain cells which would explain the state of the anime industry.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:06   Link #2477
Raincollie

Quote:
Haha, wish I could! I actually tried doing it, but it didn't turn out very well. Looked really bad. Then again, I am using paint
Considering this is MSpaint, you're actually doing pretty good! I'm horrible with it. I tried doing it by myself right after I was done watching the episode, but the result was too embarrassing to be shared with the world, so I deleted it before anybody throws up.
TL;DR - MSpaint skills are off the charts.
Old 2012-09-29, 16:24   Link #2478
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
So far the only ideas I've heard regarding this ship / machine / whatever in the movie is symbolisation of the dove from Noah's Ark story. I honestly didn't think we'll get to hear about it ever again. Is there something about it that I don't know?
Where is that dove ship from? I don't remember seeing it in the movie.
Old 2012-09-29, 16:29   Link #2479
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Where is that dove ship from? I don't remember seeing it in the movie.
I'm pretty sure it was from the very end. I only watched the movie once so I don't really have a good memory of it.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:35   Link #2480
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
the thing you have to remember dude is these scubs in AO are the originals the ones that first came that why there behavior is different . the reason for human form coralians was becuase of the mistake the made in AO. and the reason the couldnt communicate thier ao is becuase hes rom the future human form and fure human hes only half coralian
The Scub in AO came from another universe as seen with Eureka and the Gekko. Renton as seen is traveling universe to universe looking for his family and solution to the crisis affecting the multiverse. He was on the Pocketful of Rainbows universe 10,000 years later. Saying another world died as the Scub broke past the quarantine.

The reason why the Scub are infecting people resulting to Coralian carriers is Naru's fault. The Scub Coral showed their history to Naru but she only saw what she wanted to see much like Elena. Naru was Patient Zero because she was there when the Scub tried to co-opt a Secret. The Scub didn't mean to infect Naru. Naru wanted everybody to be the same for Ao not to be discriminated against. Yes she pulled an X-Men movie Magneto. But she did not fathom the mistake of what she has done until it was too late. Now Truth can harm those Coralian carriers by increasing the Trapar.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen