AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 07:10   Link #301
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Dark Sun doesn't appeal to me, but I liked the first few notes.

Other than that, I liked the first OP.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 08:47   Link #302
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Best cliffhanger ever. Finally getting into the Sakura family business...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 09:45   Link #303
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And so best girl's story is about to begin.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 13:49   Link #304
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm kind of disappointed by the end of the episode but that was to be explained. The scene at the end is my top scene in the entire game. The animation used in-game when Sakura shows up is so incredibly well made and funny that I can't help but laugh at the scooby doo style scenario.

Spoiler for Scene in-game:

It wasn't that badly done in the show or anything. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that I liked the original so much that there was no way for the adaptation to even reach the same level. Especially not with the by-the-numbers production we've had so far.
Old 2018-07-15, 14:20   Link #305
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It reminded me of that chapter in Angel Densetsu where the MC and his girlfriend went into a so-called haunted house.
Spoiler for Angel Densetsu:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 21:27   Link #306
Random14

I just caught up on the last two episodes, so just saw the new opening. Its ok, but I liked the first one more, that one was more catchy. I wonder how much they'll modify it going forward, since they're not at a full crew yet, but it already seems pretty crowded.

Nice to get more focus on Sojiro. He's been in the background since the early episodes, but now its time for his spotlight. Him and apparently his... ward or something, since Sae is threatening his custody of her over something.

I love that scene, when they venture in the house. Not bad adaptation of it, especially Makato's fright. The Phantoms are sure branching out, now that some sort of hacker group has gotten involved. And their phones sure have bad security- first the Metaverse app, now this Alibaba.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 16:57   Link #307
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. Ren might still be weird but it appears even Igor is testing him. I hope we get more into Ren's backstory considering the first episodes treated him really bad.

Then again, at least we had a more complex of the weekly scenarios and it doesn't appear that Futaba's "Heart" will be stolen.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 18:55   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They don't even bother including fights anymore, and the palace's infiltration was just a slide show

Anyway, we got to find out more about Soujiro and how Futaba is related to him. Futaba really went through a lot.
Old 2018-07-22, 03:53   Link #309
Random14

Glad they animated that moment with Makoto, that was one of the funniest moments in the game for me (not that she's easily frightened, but that she's crying out for her sister). Too bad Sae is still only a bit player in the "past", but then they're rushing through as is. But of course they had to include the fanservice.

Heh, reach out for the truth. But then this is a very different Shadow from the others they've encountered. Nice to hear from Sojiro a bit, I'm tired of the endless "evil adults" thing (though he's still useless). And they did a, what do you call it, triple repeat of that closet moment at the end, wow.

Its funny how fast they went through the palace, but they've still got a lot of material to go through so its understandable, and not like anyone will miss the battle animation. I'm glad Ren is talking more, the group dynamic is pretty fun with all of them.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 08:35   Link #310
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sweet episode, lots of funny moments, a good background and lots of plot proression this time around. This will be the first two-ep dungeon, right?

The trip to the pyramid had a bit more to it, but I suppose we're rushing everything even harder now! No matter, there's quite a bit left for 8 episodes to cover.

Quote:
Nice to hear from Sojiro a bit, I'm tired of the endless "evil adults" thing (though he's still useless)
Sojibro knows his curry, his coffee and his women, he da best adult in this universe! ...at least the best guy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 11:07   Link #311
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even if they keep rushing, I don't think they can possibly reach the end of the game with how little episodes there are left. We'll most likely get OVAs for the final dungeon.
Old 2018-07-28, 13:11   Link #312
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

And Futaba joined the group. The fact that one against Thieves was something I actually thought before her debut considering how both hackers appeared at the same time.

Still, we the anime still lacks a new party member.

Also, I think the opening vid might be updated in the future. They also changed the ending.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 20:03   Link #313
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's nice that they updated the ending but there's no preview anymore, although I can easily guess what the next ep will be about.
Old 2018-07-29, 16:56   Link #314
Dextro
He Without a Title

Oh ffs! That was the boss fight with the absolute best song in the entire game (Rivers in the Desert) and they decided to use some other song? It also had some pretty funny animated cutscenes that they completely reduced to minor gags in the show.

It's not like I am expecting much from the series but not even using Rivers in the Desert when the time came? That was a really low bar to clear!
Old 2018-07-31, 03:46   Link #315
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Oh ffs! That was the boss fight with the absolute best song in the entire game (Rivers in the Desert) and they decided to use some other song? It also had some pretty funny animated cutscenes that they completely reduced to minor gags in the show.

It's not like I am expecting much from the series but not even using Rivers in the Desert when the time came? That was a really low bar to clear!
Rivers in the Desert didn't play during this boss in the game either.
Old 2018-07-31, 12:25   Link #316
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloak View Post
Rivers in the Desert didn't play during this boss in the game either.
Damn you may be right. I guess my memory is betraying me then. I retract my criticism then.
Old 2018-07-31, 12:38   Link #317
Homura7

Rivers in the Desert plays on 3 memorable battles.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 14:07   Link #318
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Rivers in the Desert plays on 3 memorable battles.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 15:17   Link #319
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 16:02   Link #320
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's nice that they updated the ending but there's no preview anymore, although I can easily guess what the next ep will be about.
Do you think it's a Futaba social link episode? Moar Futaba!