AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 18:50   Link #21
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
So how good are the novels?

Should I keep watching the show?
If you want to know why Mahouka is good, then i suggest you read the novels. Many parts in the LN are omitted from both the manga and anime. Naturally, this hurts the character development of every character in the manga or anime and i think there'll be a lot of plot points missing as well.

I still watch the show even though i've read the 12 volumes. I usually do it to see everything animated cause i would love to see everything visualized.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 23:05   Link #22
maplehurry

Question: can people from course 1 get dropped down to course 2 later on if they perform poorly ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 00:05   Link #23
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Question: can people from course 1 get dropped down to course 2 later on if they perform poorly ?
Theoretically yes, but there's been no confirmation.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 17:44   Link #24
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Theoretically yes, but there's been no confirmation.
But it would be very difficult to be demoted as the whole reason the 2nd course exists is to fill holes in couse 1 classes caused by training accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Finally got around to starting this now that the anime started airing and I have a simple question.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for year 2:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 07:03   Link #25
@GEMC

where can I find the avatar picture of tatsuya and others?
Old 2014-04-18, 07:15   Link #26
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
where can I find the avatar picture of tatsuya and others?
In the anime thread.

Edit: took me a while to find. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...69#post5078469
Old 2014-04-21, 06:34   Link #27
Makall

If Tatsuya could use his powers, he'd owned everyone at the Ice Pillar event right?

He could just decompose the opponent's pillars instantly and regenerate his own if necessary.
Makall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 10:09   Link #28
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
If Tatsuya could use his powers, he'd owned everyone at the Ice Pillar event right?

He could just decompose the opponent's pillars instantly and regenerate his own if necessary.
You're right. Though I don't know what the rules say about restoring your own pillars.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:54   Link #29
Kokus

the rules for ice pillar break most likely don't have any restriction in regards of repairing your own pillars .
it should be similar to the monolite code case ,that they don't think it ist possiple or that it is to complex for high school kids to actually deploy a scheme like that .
or in other words it's most likely a loophole.
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 16:07   Link #30
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokus View Post
the rules for ice pillar break most likely don't have any restriction in regards of repairing your own pillars .
it should be similar to the monolite code case ,that they don't think it ist possiple or that it is to complex for high school kids to actually deploy a scheme like that .
or in other words it's most likely a loophole.
I don' think it would be authorized, otherwise, wouldn't Miyuki just recreate her own pillars? Even if both were possible it's hard for me to think that someone can be better than Miyuki in this category, restoration would pain him, and she can deal with his shots somehow with Zone Interference.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:39   Link #31
itisjustme

Hi, I'm on vol 4 atm and wondering if the (very) thinly veiled incest theme will be toned down later. I know there's some reason/pretense for it but now it's erika with her brother too wth, it's becoming a little sickening and I feel bad for all the girls who are attracted to tatsuya for some reason. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:56   Link #32
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Hi, I'm on vol 4 atm and wondering if the (very) thinly veiled incest theme will be toned down later. I know there's some reason/pretense for it but now it's erika with her brother too wth, it's becoming a little sickening and I feel bad for all the girls who are attracted to tatsuya for some reason. :P
The incest factor in that circumstance was solely used to piss Erika off. While it is pretty clear she's close to Naotsugu, her reaction was because of how much she feels about Mari than because of any feeling in THAT way.

The only real incest factor in the series is Miyuki, and it's completely one-sided. It won't be immediately clear through the next few volumes, but you will find out that even Tatsuya, the Blockhead of Emotions, feels squicky from it when it's very clearly in his face.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 18:30   Link #33
itisjustme

That's good to know thanks, although for all intent and purposes Tatsuya really gives off that vibe with the I don't care about anyone else but I'll kill you if you touch my sister attitude.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 14:18   Link #34
kagato3

There are also a few other things going on with Erica
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Oh Tatsuya loves his sister but purely as a sister and only a sister. If someone hurts her he will destroy them, but I doubt he would block any romantic relationship she would want to go after baring one with him.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-04-26, 15:02   Link #35
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I agree. On another note, breaking news! Our siblings are Yotsuba! They changed the ending to a sentimental one, but it was definitely an improvement.
What # is yotsuba referring to?
Old 2014-04-27, 00:42   Link #36
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yotsuba = Four Leaves
Old 2014-04-27, 04:23   Link #37
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
One of the ten most powerful Magician clans in Japan, and among the ten, widely considered to be the strongest, and certainly the most feared. The Yotsubas specialize in assassination and intelligence work, but more strictly speaking posses two sets of magics - the first magic interferes with the mind (the basis of Miyuki's magic), the second set of magic involves a larger magic calculation area (the basis of Tatsuya's magic). Miyuki is one of the leading candidates set to inherit leadership of the Clan, being the niece of the current Clan Head, as her brother was disqualified from the succession, for reasons that anime only viewers have enough information currently, to make an educated guess on. Much of the incest vibes between Miyuki and Tatsuya have their origins in Yotsuba clan dynamics. I'm leaving the last part vague, since the anime might - hopefully explain the origins of the Incestuous vibes between the two siblings.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:28   Link #38
GodAtom
Prospective TL'er

Does anyone know where to find a volume 13 summary? I can't wait until the LN is finished being translated....
Old 2014-04-29, 13:17   Link #39
Ultragunner

You can find several spoilers in the vol 13 thread, though most of them are just rough summaries , you have to wait a bit longer to see a proper summary (we're all dying for one here )
Old 2014-05-01, 07:25   Link #40
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i read the entire manga of mahouka, is th story really that short or theres a continuation from LN?

Tags
q&a