AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-09-13, 09:15   Link #41
Yami no Ou
まおう

^its possible if they use tap-san's translation and the other fan translation on BT editing only minor details about it,howevet I doubt they will do that
Old 2013-09-14, 11:41   Link #42
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I know the feeling though. TokyoPop did the same to Slayers, only releasing 8 out of 15 volumes. Fan translations only did volume 9, so there's still 6 incomplete volumes (of which, the last 7 are the ones not yet made into an anime yet...).
Actually the most annoying thing TokyoPop did with Slayers was attempt to stop releasing in on volume 6, and pretend that was the final volume. Complete with removing the afterword despite the translator having done it, presumably because it talked about the next volume.

Incidentally, some fan has translated the remaining volumes of Slayers, most of them just aren't on BT (9 and 11 are on BT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They won't. Please be realistic. You'd be expecting them to put it out at a rate of more than 1 per month. If I'm not mistaken, they said it'll be 1 every 3 months.
Yep, that's their plan:

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/370992207731232770
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:52   Link #43
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Actually the most annoying thing TokyoPop did with Slayers was attempt to stop releasing in on volume 6, and pretend that was the final volume. Complete with removing the afterword despite the translator having done it, presumably because it talked about the next volume.

Incidentally, some fan has translated the remaining volumes of Slayers, most of them just aren't on BT (9 and 11 are on BT).

Yep, that's their plan:

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/370992207731232770
I have doubt in that plans, unless they are using pre-translated material, there is no way to keep up with the plans, even if they are pro, SAO is not the only things they release, 3 months per vol is stretching it too much, and this is not conclusive anyway. And more than that, not all SAO fan base is US so they can buy it.
Btw, there is things called different server just make a site with different country domain and took all SAO there, Baka-taiyou maybe
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 11:05   Link #44
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I have doubt in that plans, unless they are using pre-translated material, there is no way to keep up with the plans, even if they are pro, SAO is not the only things they release, 3 months per vol is stretching it too much, and this is not conclusive anyway. And more than that, not all SAO fan base is US so they can buy it.
When translating things is your full time job, and you have a head start of several months, translating volumes at a rate that lets them release 1 volume every three months is not that difficult. They aren't going "Ok, we released the first volume, now start on the next one." Really, this is pretty much the same schedule they kept for Wolf and Spice.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 11:20   Link #45
dragon1412

no the things is, they are not releasing only 1 series, my sister is a translator full-time before, so i kind of know a little bit about the mechanism, as you said, they did have head start, however, there are only a limited amount of translators, and SAO is not their only series, we don't even know that how many translator is working on it, in my experiences, assumed there are 2 peoples, the head start can get you about 1 year worth of novel in schedules, the reason is because 1 translator, in full time work will have to work on many different series. Leave aside Spice and wolf, how about Haruhi and Shana, unless the series have stable statistic, the schedule will only reach a limited time so a more stable series can continue with it's schedule.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 09:11   Link #46
BW95
Banned

Well, I think it's safe to say that SAO is in the clear.

Sword Art Online 1 Was #4 on Barnes & Noble's Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 10:16   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say that SAO is in the clear.

Sword Art Online 1 Was #4 on Barnes & Noble's Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books
Good god, it's even doing well in the US. And it hasn't exactly been the prime days for anime, or any good day for anime sales over here in..........many years.
Old 2014-04-27, 11:36   Link #48
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Well, the Manga has been the third best-selling manga, according to New York Times, for 2 weeks.
Which surprises me considering I dislike the art.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 17:35   Link #49
Frontier

Just ordered myself a copy off Amazon .
Old 2014-04-28, 06:07   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, the Manga has been the third best-selling manga, according to New York Times, for 2 weeks.
Which surprises me considering I dislike the art.
Even more "Good god."
Old 2014-05-01, 13:01   Link #51
l.kostas

Sword Art Online #1 Tops U.S. Weekly BookScan Sci-Fi List

Quote:
The BookScan rankings represent sales at Barnes & Noble and other book chains, independent bookshops, and online purchases — but not sales at comic book stores, Amazon, Walmart.com, and some other venues.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 20:19   Link #52
mtthelm

All,
I have already finished the volume 1 (and pre-ordered 2 and 3) Yen Press version, and I thought it was well done. (slightly better than the user translated ones, but could have been done a touch better.)

I've also read all the current translated files, and absolutely love this series. (all the way to Volume 13) I will buy ever one they publish, but I really want MORE!!!

I'm really hoping someone will translate the ones that will be a while for Yen Press to do, as I just can't get enough of this series, especially the ones that stopped translation in the middle of the story. I guess I'm off to restart at volume 1. (book loaned out)

BTW, like the light novels a LOT more than the Anime!!!
mtthelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 10:08   Link #53
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthelm View Post
I'm really hoping someone will translate the ones that will be a while for Yen Press to do, as I just can't get enough of this series, especially the ones that stopped translation in the middle of the story. I guess I'm off to restart at volume 1. (book loaned out)
There are.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 18:19   Link #54
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Awesome, hope the Light novel market gets a boost from this.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 07:17   Link #55
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Who knows,SAO got there because of its popularity and the other LNs are not the same as SAO so don't expect too much.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 08:53   Link #56
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gensouR-1 View Post
Who knows,SAO got there because of its popularity and the other LNs are not the same as SAO so don't expect too much.
Yen Press has enough faith in the future of the light novel market that the company is creating a separate imprint for light novels. Yen On will be releasing a couple new novels this year. (The one I'm looking forward to is the Magical Index series.) Personally, I suspect Yen Press's owner, Hatchett Books, is looking towards Japan for source material for the highly lucrative young adult book market. If Hatchett is right, we may finally see a steady stream of light novel imports. *fingers crossed*

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:48   Link #57
SkoolRumble4Ya

I just bought this SAO v01 last week. I pray for the success of Yen On imprint. I want to read more light novels in the future.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote