Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-21, 13:41   Link #17961
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I can't help facepalming at this discussion...
Hadn't it been for Kallen our protagonist would be dead
or Rolo would have appeared earlier.
End of the story.
Actually good point about Rolo. We all know he knew what was happening and we know how over-protective he is of Lelouch. Since he is essentially a tike bomb with serious anger issues when it comes to people trying to take his ni-san, why didn't he just freeze them and then rain laser death down on all of them?

Rolo's mindset when it comes to an obstacle is "kill it" not "run away" which makes his actions a little...
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 13:58   Link #17962
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Actually good point about Rolo. We all know he knew what was happening and we know how over-protective he is of Lelouch. Since he is essentially a tike bomb with serious anger issues when it comes to people trying to take his ni-san, why didn't he just freeze them and then rain laser death down on all of them?

Rolo's mindset when it comes to an obstacle is "kill it" not "run away" which makes his actions a little...
If he went trigger-happy, Geass or not, then there's still a chance that Lelouch would be killed in the crossfire. Even Rolo can't stop an entire ship by himself. Running was a much more prudent course of action.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:05   Link #17963
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If he went trigger-happy, Geass or not, then there's still a chance that Lelouch would be killed in the crossfire. Even Rolo can't stop an entire ship by himself. Running was a much more prudent course of action.
I believe he meant, freeze everyone, kill them, and then just chill out with Lelouch. I'm actually more wondering why they did all the Kallen heartbreaking but never went ahead and resolved anything.

If they just have him crush her then and there, its a conclusion, but that doesn't happen. Episode 22 they have them say good-bye, but not to each other's faces, and you still have one focusing like mad on the other. There's no answer from him which could have resolved everything one way or another and then that ending.

It's like they just wanted to string the fans along, or they really failed at making something that was supposed to be obvious, obvious. I'm going with the latter given everything that's happened post season.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 14:08   Link #17964
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
But Rolo is essentially a " trigger happy" person. His whole mindset is to deal with his problems directly i.e. murder them. Really how hard would it have been to have fired at the poors sods with the arm hadrons.

I'm just having trouble why he was acting OOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
I believe he meant, freeze everyone, kill them, and then just chill out with Lelouch. I'm actually more wondering why they did all the Kallen heartbreaking but never went ahead and resolved anything.

If they just have him crush her then and there, its a conclusion, but that doesn't happen. Episode 22 they have them say good-bye, but not to each other's faces, and you still have one focusing like mad on the other. There's no answer from him which could have resolved everything one way or another and then that ending.

It's like they just wanted to string the fans along, or they really failed at making something that was supposed to be obvious, obvious. I'm going with the latter given everything that's happened post season.
I doubt he would crush her since she is essentially the only person protecting his brother and at worst she can act as a meat shield.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:12   Link #17965
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post

maybe there was a missing line somewhere
maybe this line has something to do with gum
Old 2008-12-21, 14:31   Link #17966
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
I doubt he would crush her since she is essentially the only person protecting his brother and at worst she can act as a meat shield.
I was actually talking about Lelouch crushing her love for him, not crushing it and then going ahead and undoing everything he said 30 seconds prior.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 15:03   Link #17967
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
But Rolo is essentially a " trigger happy" person. His whole mindset is to deal with his problems directly i.e. murder them. Really how hard would it have been to have fired at the poors sods with the arm hadrons.

I'm just having trouble why he was acting OOC.
Even Rolo has a modicum of common sense. Killing things is an efficient solution when it's one or two things. With an entire ship full of pissed-off people, efficiency is lost, as is the guarantee he could keep Lelouch safe.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:13   Link #17968
azul120

Only reason for me to let the Black Knights' "betrayal" of Zero slide was that it was Schneizel sweet-talking them.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 15:25   Link #17969
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Even Rolo has a modicum of common sense. Killing things is an efficient solution when it's one or two things. With an entire ship full of pissed-off people, efficiency is lost, as is the guarantee he could keep Lelouch safe.
Only the big wigs and mooks in the hanger were in the know though. They wanted to deal with the problem as quitely as posssible for the sake of morale, amongst other things, so its not like he has to deal with a whole ship full of angry people. When its over Zero just has to go "they where traitors"(its called mutiny) and everything is hunky dory.

Rolo is an assassin and he should be able to recognise what is happening, that is to say an covert assassination OP. He might not understand why, but he should instinctively know thats what it is, since it is the world he's been living in for the past 8 years.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:26   Link #17970
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wouldn't call Rolo "trigger-happy". He's only trigger-happy when it comes to people talking about Nunnally.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:33   Link #17971
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wouldn't call Rolo "trigger-happy". He's only trigger-happy when it comes to people talking about Nunnally.
Oh trying to take his brother away. Remember the Cult of Geass is gone at this point, all he has is Lelouch at this point. If thats not reason enough for him to open up a can of whup ass on them i don't know what is.
Old 2008-12-21, 15:45   Link #17972
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Oh trying to take his brother away. Remember the Cult of Geass is gone at this point, all he has is Lelouch at this point. If thats not reason enough for him to open up a can of whup ass on them i don't know what is.
Then again, considering what happened between him and Lelouch the last time they talked before that, it might have been a very conscious decision on Rolo's part to die defending his brother the way he did.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:20   Link #17973
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
so no new news on kallen this xmas? lol
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 14:23   Link #17974
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
so no new news on kallen this xmas? lol
A LOT of news when I'll finish chp. 25, just few days.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:57   Link #17975
azul120

Quote:
Or even Shirley just mentioning what Rolo perceived as the one obstacle to his bond of brotherhood to Lelouch, Nunnally.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:47   Link #17976
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
A LOT of news when I'll finish chp. 25, just few days.
Make it quick. I am now on holiday till tuesday due to X'mas and Maulidul Nabi are in the same week, and all of my torrents are in office. Thus I can't get them.
Old 2008-12-27, 12:41   Link #17977
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Make it quick. I am now on holiday till tuesday due to X'mas and Maulidul Nabi are in the same week, and all of my torrents are in office. Thus I can't get them.
No torrent, my releases are jpg files, here, in the forum.
Old 2008-12-27, 22:06   Link #17978
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

No, i mean that I would be bored this weekend and I need something to sink my teeth into.
Old 2008-12-28, 06:43   Link #17979
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
No, i mean that I would be bored this weekend and I need something to sink my teeth into.
I sent you a pm.
Old 2008-12-28, 06:49   Link #17980
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I sent you a pm.
I noticed
*hugs bonzo*