AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-30, 23:23   Link #81
ellifeedn
Thinker

After reading the chapter I got the idea that the levels are divided by bounty amount in increments of 25 million. It seems to fit:

Level 1: people with no bounties to those with bounties up to 25 million
Level 2: people worth 25 million to 50 million
Level 3: people worth 50 to 75 million
Level 4: people worth 75 to 100 million
Level 5: people worth 100+ million

And if there is a level 6 I bet it's to hold "special" prisoners, i.e. famous/feared pirates known far and wide.

If the crew were put in Impel Down, I wonder how well they could handle the specific tortures of the possible level they're sent to.
Old 2009-01-31, 04:05   Link #82
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
These past few arcs in One Piece have turned into reunions with past characters. Especially this one. Before they brought back Hachi. Now we have Buggy, Mr 3, and now Bon Clay. It's like each floor brings back a new pirate from the past. Though they also showed Crocodile for a bit.
It's a little sad seeing Bon Clay got captured.

So, does anyone think the other Straw Hats will show up to save the day in the end, or will Luffy escape on his own.

I have a feeling we may hear from that rumor 'Flying Pirate' that escaped once before. Oda loves to hint at small things early on and then bring it back much later. Like with that piece of paper Ace gave Luffy. He got that before the Alabastor arc and we only found out about what it did at the end of the Thriller Bark. (Though if I remember right. I don't think Ace gave Luffy the paper in the anime version. That had Ace staying with Luffy for longer.)
Same goes for that arm band Luffy was wearing. Nami gave it up thinking it was nothing, but it turns out to be a key to some great treasure. Nami will be PISSED if she finds that out, and Luffy gave it to Buggy.

What really amazes me is that with as far and as powerful as Luffy has gotten. The crew is only HALF way through the Grand Line. I can't imagine they could get too many more crew members. They now have two swordsmen.
Old 2009-01-31, 10:21   Link #83
noktown

Different style swordsmen though,and i think it's pretty original,cuz it'd be strange if they only picked people/creatures that have a different martial arts style or a different fighting style.In the beginning it was cool but you can't just go on with different styles forever,but more importantly Brook is a musician too,so it is something different ;d

I still have a hope for Boa to join the crew,i mean if they have a Pirate Hunter as their crew member,why not a schichibukai ?
Even though i have a feeling she won't join ;d
Old 2009-01-31, 13:23   Link #84
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Different style swordsmen though,and i think it's pretty original,cuz it'd be strange if they only picked people/creatures that have a different martial arts style or a different fighting style.In the beginning it was cool but you can't just go on with different styles forever,but more importantly Brook is a musician too,so it is something different ;d

I still have a hope for Boa to join the crew,i mean if they have a Pirate Hunter as their crew member,why not a schichibukai ?
Indeed it would be fun if she did join, also lets not forget if the World Government finds out that Boa Hancock helped Luffy break into the Impel Down, she would not only loose her status as Shichibukai but she would also be looked at as Luffy´s Nakama and be targeted so her hopes on returning and living on her Island Amazon Lily will be gone.

So I there are 3 possible things that could happen.

1. Boa Hancock joins Luffy´s crew after the World Government finds out she helped Luffy.

2. Boa Hancock leaves her title as Amazon Lily empress and Shichibukai and resorts to just pure pirating, after the World Government finds out she helped Luffy.

3. Luffy finds away to prevent the World Government to find out Boa Hancock helped him.

Im hoping for number 1.

But for some reason i find Boa Hancock the type to easily swift her feelings onto someone else, but i do hope that doesnt happen and she remains faithful too Luffy and loves him too full extand.
Old 2009-01-31, 13:33   Link #85
james0246

^It wouldn't be her lack of being able to return to Amazon Lily that would be a problem. If that was her only punishment (besides giving up her Shichibukai title and running from the law), then I expect she would instantly decide to become a pirate with Luffy. Rather, Hancock's problem lies in the fact that if she betrays the government, then the government would destroy Amazon Lily (destroy the land, sell the women into slavery, kill her sisters (and the old woman), etc). So, Hancock has actual consequences for her actions if she decides to actively support Luffy.
Old 2009-01-31, 14:26   Link #86
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It wouldn't be her lack of being able to return to Amazon Lily that would be a problem. If that was her only punishment (besides giving up her Shichibukai title and running from the law), then I expect she would instantly decide to become a pirate with Luffy. Rather, Hancock's problem lies in the fact that if she betrays the government, then the government would destroy Amazon Lily (destroy the land, sell the women into slavery, kill her sisters (and the old woman), etc). So, Hancock has actual consequences for her actions if she decides to actively support Luffy.
Well we never know what will happen, she could also openly declare she was holding the Island hostage. lol
Old 2009-01-31, 14:29   Link #87
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I would not be the least bit surprised if by the end of this arc Luffy does something completely unintentional to cause Boa to fall out of love. Considering that everything he's doing so far has just caused her to fall more so. Even just saying 'arigato' made her think he said 'aishite iru'. Just watch him do something to tick her off when he was just trying to be nice.
That or she will go back to her island and the World Government will have no idea she helped him. She will stay an ally of Luffy. Later Sanji will try and cook Luffy when he finds out where Luffy was and not him.
Old 2009-01-31, 15:42   Link #88
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well we never know what will happen, she could also openly declare she was holding the Island hostage. lol
Not like that would help... Amazon Lily is essentially an island of pirates. It has generations worth of pirating history... the only reason it was never attacked before was because no one could attack it before. It's only now that the marines have ships that can travel the calm belt that they could attack it. That island is a ripe target for a buster call
Old 2009-01-31, 16:08   Link #89
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Level 1: people with no bounties to those with bounties up to 25 million
Level 2: people worth 25 million to 50 million
Level 3: people worth 50 to 75 million
Level 4: people worth 75 to 100 million
Level 5: people worth 100+ million
Acutally i kinda doubt any one is kept on the 4th level... i mean it's hot enough as it on the 3rd level that no one could survive living on the 4th... the 4th level could just be a general torture level seeing as Buggy says he's been taken down to that far

Quote:
If the crew were put in Impel Down, I wonder how well they could handle the specific tortures of the possible level they're sent to.
kinda depends on whether or not they have their weapons and devil fruits...
Grant it, with seastone would Brooke just die? maybe, not exactly sure

Crimson hell, no one except brooke and franky could handle it; bons and steel skin... though Zoro would last the longest after them

Beast hell, the stronger members would be fine, but without weapons and devil fruits, Nami, Robin, Chopper, and Ussop would all be in trouble... franky might also when he runs out of coke...

Starvation hell... everyone would be in trouble... except for brooke; he doesn't seem too need food

lv 4... well we don't know much about it yet; though i think Brooke might be able to handle the heat unless it's hot enough to melt bones... The guardians however, same deal with beast hell then; though it's questionable if Brooke could fight at that level

and then there's lv 5 which we know nothing about...

So far, Brooke with his lack of flesh blood would do the best there overall... though that's not to count out Zoro, Luffy and Sanji...
Old 2009-01-31, 16:28   Link #90
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Acutally i kinda doubt any one is kept on the 4th level... i mean it's hot enough as it on the 3rd level that no one could survive living on the 4th... the 4th level could just be a general torture level seeing as Buggy says he's been taken down to that far.
I'd wondered about that too. It could be that Level 3 is 50-100m bounties... so Daz could still be around there. Though since Level 4 is explicitly mentioned for torture, Daz could also be temporarily down in Level 4.

Will be interesting to see. Also, if Level 4 is a general torture zone, I wonder if we'll see Luffy getting angry - particularly if it's suggested to him that Ace was probably tortured. (I presume Ace could still be tortured with fire when he's wearing seastone)
Old 2009-01-31, 18:02   Link #91
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
(I presume Ace could still be tortured with fire when he's wearing seastone)

Boy, would that be ironic.....

Anyway, about Hancock: I think the biggest problem with her leaving Amazon Lily and joining Luffy is the fact that she had previously accused Nyon of being a traitor to the Kuja when she left the island during the time she was an active empress. I mean, wouldn't Hancock joining Luffy be contradictory to her earlier accusations? Furthermore, as already mentioned, Hancock's Shichibukai status is the only thing keeping the island protected. If she were to be stripped of her title, a Buster Call would wipe Amazon Lily off the face of the earth, just like Ohara. I'd think it would be wisest for her to stay with the Kuja... after all, her subjects all look up to her (sure, she may look down on them, but I'm sure she still cares for them nonetheless).

And... there's also the fact that her DF power is too broken to be of much practical use to the Straw-Hats, but I've already mentioned that too many times as it is.

Anyway, it'll be pretty interesting to see who the rest of those guardian beasts are (I have a good feeling that the minotaur is one of them). Counting Bon Clay, there's one guardian for each member of Luffy's team. However.... if by any chance Daz is in level 4 and decides to join up with the group, then Luffy can just ignore the guardians and take on the wardens instead......
Old 2009-01-31, 19:26   Link #92
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, about Hancock: I think the biggest problem with her leaving Amazon Lily and joining Luffy is the fact that she had previously accused Nyon of being a traitor to the Kuja when she left the island during the time she was an active empress. I mean, wouldn't Hancock joining Luffy be contradictory to her earlier accusations? Furthermore, as already mentioned, Hancock's Shichibukai status is the only thing keeping the island protected. If she were to be stripped of her title, a Buster Call would wipe Amazon Lily off the face of the earth, just like Ohara. I'd think it would be wisest for her to stay with the Kuja... after all, her subjects all look up to her (sure, she may look down on them, but I'm sure she still cares for them nonetheless).
I think she'd only go with Luffy if she's still suffering from love illness.

Though, you could argue that their days are numbered anyway - if the only thing keeping the Kuja going is Hancock, then that's not a long term stable situation. Better to relocate from a position of strength, or something. Though could also argue that if they lose Hancock they're no longer much of a threat, and so the WG/Marines wouldn't have a need to go and destroy them - they'd have bigger fish to fry, as it were (unless they'd do it out of spite).

Quote:
Anyway, it'll be pretty interesting to see who the rest of those guardian beasts are (I have a good feeling that the minotaur is one of them). Counting Bon Clay, there's one guardian for each member of Luffy's team. However.... if by any chance Daz is in level 4 and decides to join up with the group, then Luffy can just ignore the guardians and take on the wardens instead......
The Minotaur hint is hardly subtle. It's not like the 4 beasts would be together either. I think just one would be beyond the ability of Buggy + Mr 3 + Bon Clay as well. I wouldn't also count on them on them meeting up with Luffy again, though as long as Luffy doesn't get to Level 4 too quickly, it's entirely possible. Maybe the story will split, and Buggy + Mr 3 + Bon Clay will lead the prisoner revolt for Levels 1-3.
Old 2009-01-31, 19:52   Link #93
Captain Roronoa Zoro

what was with tht ussop picture in the beggining?????
Old 2009-01-31, 20:01   Link #94
marvelB

Quote:
Though, you could argue that their days are numbered anyway - if the only thing keeping the Kuja going is Hancock, then that's not a long term stable situation. Better to relocate from a position of strength, or something. Though could also argue that if they lose Hancock they're no longer much of a threat, and so the WG/Marines wouldn't have a need to go and destroy them - they'd have bigger fish to fry, as it were (unless they'd do it out of spite).

Actually, aside from the marines, I think the biggest threat to the Kuja tribe would be the World Nobles. Hancock and her sisters were already enslaved by them once.... if the nobles find out that a former slave of theirs is connected to a Supernova pirate who assaulted one of them, then Amazon Lily would still be screwed. That nasty Charlos may decide to turn the entire island into his personal harem as payback.....
Old 2009-01-31, 20:03   Link #95
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
I wouldn't also count on them on them meeting up with Luffy again, though as long as Luffy doesn't get to Level 4 too quickly, it's entirely possible. Maybe the story will split, and Buggy + Mr 3 + Bon Clay will lead the prisoner revolt for Levels 1-3.
There's one big factor in that equation though: Bon Clay has no idea thay Luffy is in Impel Down. If he does get word of it and especially if he learns just what Luffy is there to do, he will try an lend a hand.
They have a Bond of Friendship, its as smple as that.

Chances are he'll either force Mr. 3 and Buggy to come along, guilt them into it, or just do what Luffy has and drag them down unintentionally.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-01-31, 20:08   Link #96
Slayerx

Quote:
How can you argue their days are numbered anyway?
So long as Boa maintains her status they are untouchable... and if the Kuja keep training they can provide a new schikubukai should Boa ever fall.

The Kuja have a long history of being notorious long before Hancock and has Kizaru says, a pirate can not be forgiven for their sins... it would not take much time to wipe them out either; 5 days to travel from HQ to Amazon Lily and wipe them off the map... clean up afterward is something they can deal with at their leisure. Unlike other pirate groups, the Kuja are the only ones who actually have a home base; there was also Arlong but he had some marine protection through bribes... hunting down pirates could take months or years, but wiping out a single island would only take a few days.

Boa and her status is protecting that island... the only hope the kuja would have if she lost her status and they could not provide a replacement would be them outright abandoning the island and running
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
what was with tht ussop picture in the beggining?????
Same thing Oda does between mini-arcs... random pics that have nothing to do with anything

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-01-31 at 20:33.
Old 2009-01-31, 22:25   Link #97
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Well, I think that Bon Clay will go save Mr1 and Crocodile, I dunno if Buggy and Mr3 follow him to Lvl 5...

It would be cool if SH crew come to play, but I doubt that they all would be able to figure out that Luffy is going to save Ace. Even if they did know, how the hell they would all assemble in one place from all over Grandline (and even skyisnalnd).

I know that all SH crew should get stronger like Luffy did - cause that's why Kuma sent them where they are now - but I don't know how's that possible.

How the hell animation team would come up with such stories? It's too hard for them!

Nami will get some new tricks that for sure, and Ussop too will get something - he's the best at gaining new attacks. Franky might even get a make-over.
Robin might get a little more brute strenght because her hands might be lacking that (wings only for few seconds?).
Zoro might recover but how Persona(sp?) can make him stronger?
How Chopper can gain more strenght by being eaten as stew or making village more friendly with the birds (he can talk with them)?
Sanji should get stronger, training hitting woman by practicing on tranvestites won't change a thing :|
Will Brooke learn some black magic? At least he'll get his panty shoots XD

Some of it doesn't make sense unless explained well - how they can get stronger?!
Old 2009-02-01, 03:10   Link #98
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post

I know they are different styles, but they are both swordsmen.
It wouldn't be the first time they repeated themselves. Used to be the big inventor was Usopp, but now they have Franky. It was Usopp who created and then improved Nami's Clima Tact. I would like to see what would happen if Franky took a shot at some improvements. Like Usopp, Nami can only get stronger with improvements to her weapon. Everyone else has a physical ability to improve. Nami's best weapon in her mind.
Old 2009-02-01, 09:47   Link #99
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
It's way too soon for Sengoku to make I mean, do you really think that the supreme leader of the Marines would leave his post for a mere Supernova.
I don't think you're giving the Supernovas enough credit. AndI'm not really referring to all of them either. I didn't much like anyone other than Law, X-Drake, Magician, Kidd, Killer, and Gang.

And all of those are pretty strong. Certainly you can't forget at least that Luffy's, Law's and Kidd's crews were pretty much equated rep-wise. And Sengoku has begun taking at least Luffy seriously. Luffy is systematically taking out every fear-instilling institution piloted by the World Government. A dictatorship needs its intimidation factor.

Any dictator needs a seemingly insurmountable force to quell the masses. The masses have to feel like even in large numbers, they could never overcome the odds. But note: this is extremely important: Along with the despair of fear, the dictator MUST give a sense of benefit for compliance. It's a delicate balance. If you don't intimidate, then everyone will attack for their freedom. But if you completely crush their hopes, and make their lives a drone of a routine, then they feel like there is no point in living. So they'd attack anyway.

Luffy, as only one man, and his crew of ruffians, (since, as yet none of them have super-big reputations), are giving the impression that the great, unbreachable walls of the World Government are, in fact, mountable, and able to be conquered.

Impel Down hadn't been breached in 800 years. But Luffy, his crew, and some shipwrights (this is how the media would have represented the accompanying forces of Galley-La and the Frankies) were able to devastae the entire Courthouse, and all the guards, AND defeat the World Government's secret weapons, the Cipher Pol 9. That would be like the equivalent of a Hamas unit, teaming up one or two Hezbollah squads and some Taliban reinforcements, and stowing away in a ship, rushing over to washington, and taking out CIA headquarters; then, after a full Airforce, and Ground-based coordinated strikeback (equate this to the Buster Call), every single one of those militants were able to return to their respective home areas.

You'd never believe that, right? Then Luffy went a punched a Tenryuubito. That's like Hugo Chavez flying in, punching out a Kennedy, and walking smoothely back out of the continent. Impossible, right?

Then right after that, not more than a week later, imagine some totally random invasion of the court of High Justice, during a case like the Saddam Hussein case, and approximately three people ran in, and blew the whole place down, and retrieved the High Profile prisoner. That's how it would look if Luffy succeeds in rescuing Ace.

The US would NOT like that, lol.

So, yes, the World Government is taking some serious blows, and licking its wounds, and carefully taking note of every inch of breached skin, waiting for a chance to inflict vengeful hurt tenfold, lol.

Quote:
It's kind of strange, though, now that you mention it, that so many of the strongest Marines (Garp, Aokiji, even Kizaru) seem to be "taking it easy". Sure, it helps to show how little threat the enemy really is to them but in the end it still prevents them from getting the job done.
Agreed. But at least it's not as bad how the Captains handled the invasion of Ichigo and Co. during the Soul Society arc. That was a totally laid back failure .

Quote:
Oh, and on Sengoku and Haki, I think it'd be quite fitting for him to have the King's Haki also, and a mastered version of it. He is known as the Buddha after all.
Yea. Pretty much everyone is expecting Sengoku to bust out some serious Haki damage, and put the hurt on Whitebeard during the coming arc, or should I call it a saga? It seems like it's developing into its own era, lol. Whatever .

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-02-01, 09:59   Link #100
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Can someone tell me if Smoker, Admirals and all those super marines are on the same island as Luffy?
Beacause I don't see how it would be possible for him to escape if they were on prison isnalnd, unsless they are on marine insland.
and How far is it for them - I don't remember - a week or a day travel?

Cause I understand that Luffy somehow could manage to beat one of those super beasts on lvl5, but not all of them - but than again he could free all those wounded criminals (those minotaurs just keep on smacking them). One armiral would be enought to stop this prison escape, not to mention that there are 3 of them near by.

One more thing, after seeing all those Brogy monsters, I don't think that minotaurs are diffrent, they probably five super strong minotaur monsters - unless those are guys with bull masks.