AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-13, 22:29   Link #341
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
...What happened to Sanzenin Nagi?
She was labelled as "Sannomiya Isumi" on the two Chinese pages during the first hour of the vote. In addition, it appears that some Chinese people have problem getting images to load. Poor Nagi.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:31   Link #342
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Well I'm sure those who could load the image would not mistake that character for anyone else but Nagi.

Was this throughout the whole day? Because the graph for Nagi was pretty steady the whole way through.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:38   Link #343
ion475
にこにこにー

(Reading comment)
No wonder Nagi goes nowhere. At least she'll probably survived into main round, and finish around mid-bottom as usual (I mean, this is not JST, where she'll get into final and lose )

Quote:
-Out of the Nova autoqualifiers, Eucliwood felt like having fallen the most. Charlotte also felt weaker, though that was too be expected. Kuroneko doesn't feel too much weaker, and Kanade is as strong as ever, so I'm relieved on those counts.
Eu-kun is just not THAT strong even last year anyway (at least towards the end, when she start losing to the like of Haruhi). At least she got Zombie S2 to boost her a little. Then there's Charlotte, who start strong and then basically start to weaken more and more towards end of last year. Without IS S2 anytime soon, I don't see her being even as strong as last year (Just too much competition...)

Quote:
Yune is just completely disappointing, but you can't win them all.
She did come from a series that have zero popularity. As moe (and kawaii) as she is, name recognition counts more than actual "moeness" most of the time anyway...

Quote:
Hate Arena 3's results: Incest-chan got more votes than Ika
At least Japan went for Ika-chan. But losing to Sora is just bad, VERY bad, as if last year's fluke loss in prelim is not enough...
Old 2012-02-13, 22:39   Link #344
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Aside from Mayo Chiki girls making it a bit further, no surprises. None of the 2011 crew fared well enough to be top 16. Then again, Sena, Kurisu and Homura are in the next lot of matches and were indicated as being the strongest of that year.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:52   Link #345
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well I'm sure those who could load the image would not mistake that character for anyone else but Nagi.

Was this throughout the whole day? Because the graph for Nagi was pretty steady the whole way through.
It was only for an hour. Anyways, there were also people who had image loaded still thought that it was Isumi who had a wrong image, rather than Nagi who was mislabelled.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:56   Link #346
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have a remarkable ability to pick those who finished fourth in the results:Shirayuki, Wendy Marvell, Nymph, and Lucy Heartfilia. Well when I think about it not that remarkable, but that was interesting to see.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:02   Link #347
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Poor Nano. She looked good the first hour to so here in this thread.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:06   Link #348
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The results are some what disappointing especially Nano's
Old 2012-02-13, 23:18   Link #349
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think what disappoints me the most about these results is how all the new girls aren't able to even so much as scratch the 2011 competitors. In every single arena the winner was somebody who took part in ISML 2011. And the margin of victory was substantial (if not massive) in every single case.

This wouldn't be that big of a problem if all of the 2011 competitors were in their own division, but as is...

At a personal level, there's results I really like (Haruhi winning, Yuri winning, some others) and some I wasn't fond of (the three Madoka Magica girls not doing better), but the bigger issue overall is simply the glaring inability of the new girls to even hang with the ISML 2011 girls if these results are any indication. I guess we'll see how Akemi Homura can do...

A secondary disappointment for me was the lack of older girls managing to rebound much.

So far, this is looking like ISML 2011 all over again...
Old 2012-02-13, 23:37   Link #350
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think what disappoints me the most about these results is how all the new girls aren't able to even so much as scratch the 2011 competitors. In every single arena the winner was somebody who took part in ISML 2011. And the margin of victory was substantial (if not massive) in every single case.

This wouldn't be that big of a problem if all of the 2011 competitors were in their own division, but as is...

At a personal level, there's results I really like (Haruhi winning, Yuri winning, some others) and some I wasn't fond of (the three Madoka Magica girls not doing better), but the bigger issue overall is simply the glaring inability of the new girls to even hang with the ISML 2011 girls if these results are any indication. I guess we'll see how Akemi Homura can do...

A secondary disappointment for me was the lack of older girls managing to rebound much.

I guess the reason why the people voting the ISML 2011 girls over recent ones is probably unfamiliar with the anime of the new girls or doesn't like them as much.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:52   Link #351
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I guess the reason why the people voting the ISML 2011 girls over recent ones is probably unfamiliar with the anime of the new girls or doesn't like them as much.
With the exception of Madoka and Haganai, hardly any of the new girls belong to a series with a super big fanbase.
Old 2012-02-14, 00:13   Link #352
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

ISML is sometimes the last bastion for some of these girls, as Saimoe and Best Moe leave them behind.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:02   Link #353
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

The best of the new girls have yet to battle. Save your despair for 45 hours later, if you still have reason to then.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:13   Link #354
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
The best of the new girls have yet to battle.
That's at least somewhat debatable. Besides, the problem with the next set of matches is that we're not seeing many (if any) cases of strong new girls going up against strong/mid-tier ISML 2011 girls.

The first batch of matches is much more clear-cut here, and what it's showing isn't promising, imo.
Old 2012-02-14, 04:17   Link #355
Team Rocket Elite

A good set of matches to kick off ISML for the year. Largely it seems the characters that finished in first didn't beat down everyone else as badly as they normally would in a 1 on 1 match. This makes it difficult to judge whether they changed in strength or not. From the Nova division I was quite impressed with Menma. She looks a fair bit stronger than when she lost to Ika Musume in an exhibition match last year. I think she would win a rematch fairly easily now. The two Fairy Tail characters looked quite good this year. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Erza Scarlet does in the next set of matches. If Kisaragi Chihaya's performance is any indication, the Idolm@ster characters don't look too hot. I expected her to at least be able to beat Poplar. It's too bad since I really like Chihaya a lot. While Ohana isn't weak, I also expected a bit more from her. I thought she can stick a bit closer to Yuno. For the second year in a row, the off season is not kind to the Hayate characters. Nagi once again took a fair sized hit in strength and falls below Ui and Last Order. Despite the ability to vote for two character, some characters are still getting hammered by split votes. Houki should still be way stronger than Poplar. Isayama Yomi really shouldn't doing better than Rei and Asuka.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:47   Link #356
zergdramon
Proud to be Here

What will become of Suigintou this year?
The 2009 Amethyst Necklace bearer is also back this year.
Look at the line-up for Stella 1 Division

Stella 1

1. Erza Scarlet (FAIRY TAIL)
2. Hecate (Shakugan no Shana)
3. Hyūga Hinata (NARUTO)
4. Index L. Prohibitorum (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
5. Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - Last Year's Winner
6. Suigintō (Rozen Maiden)
7. Yūki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru)

Last edited by zergdramon; 2012-02-14 at 05:49. Reason: improper spacing
Old 2012-02-14, 06:07   Link #357
HasuMasu
*Artist

Results were up and down for me, Yuno was pleasantly surprising.

WE WILL AVENGE KANADE!!
Old 2012-02-14, 06:59   Link #358
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The real interest for me wasn't in Day 1 - it was Day 2. Sena, Kurisu, Kobato and Tomoka are characters you think have decent shots at winning their group out of 2011 airings.
Old 2012-02-14, 10:08   Link #359
wontaek

Hoping for good news for Holo, Saten Ruiko, and Kuronuma Sawako

ARENA 01: [엘자 스칼렛] 헤카테 휴우가 히나타 인덱스 미사카 미코토 스이긴토 (수은등) [유우키 미캉]
ARENA 02: [하네카와 츠바사] 호시나 우타우 이즈미 코나타 쿠시에다 미노리 나가토 유키 [사텐 루이코] 시이나 마후유
ARENA 03: 페이트 테스타로사 카미오 미스즈 칸자키 카오리 [코토부키 츠무기] 나카노 아즈사 오카자키 우시오 [오시노 시노부]
ARENA 04: 앨리스 하이바라 아이 [히이라기 카가미] [히나모리 아무] 사쿠라노 크림 샤나 시라이 쿠로코
ARENA 05: 아이사카 타이가 [호로] 코테가와 유이 [쿠로누마 사와코] 마리아 스이세이세키 (취성석) 타이나카 리츠
ARENA 06: [후지바야시 쿄우] 히이라기 츠카사 이리야스필 폰 아인즈번 카츠라 히나기쿠 [키노모토 사쿠라 (유체리)] 라라 사탈린 데비루크 류구 레나
ARENA 07: 아스타롯테 위그바르 [마키세 크리스] 미키 사야카 [나카가와 카논] 시이나 마유리 시노노메 하카세 빅토리카 드 블루아
ARENA 08: 아카자 아카리 [안조 나루코] 칸자키 H. 아리아 키리시마 쇼우코 코우사카 키리노 미나토 토모카 [오시미즈 나코]
ARENA 09: [아마미 하루카] 다리안 [엘류시아 데 루트 이마] 하세가와 코바토 호라이존 아리아더스트 (P-01s) 쿠로이 마토 야리즈이 센
ARENA 10: 아라가키 아야세 [아이리스필 폰 아인즈번] 시오미야 시오리 [우에노 키리카] 우류 미네네 야마다 아오이 유즈리하 이노리
ARENA 11: 아마하 미우 하루나 [호시이 미키] [카가 린] 카시와자키 세나 라우라 보데비히 미네 리코
ARENA 12: [아케미 호무라] 하카마다 히나타 [하쿠아 두 로트 헬미니움] 이와사와 나나사키 아이 세나 아이리 토시노 쿄코
Old 2012-02-14, 10:20   Link #360
hinakatbklyn

ARENA 01: Erza Scarlet Hecate Hyūga Hinata Index L. Prohibitorum [Misaka Mikoto] Suigintō [Yūki Mikan]
*(Obvious choices)
ARENA 02: [Hanekawa Tsubasa] Hoshina Utau Izumi Konata Kushieda Minori Nagato Yuki [Saten Ruiko] Shiina Mafuyu
*(Voted Hanekawa for Nisemonogatari rather than Bakemonogatari. Ruiko > Mafuyu was kind of tough for the other vote)
ARENA 03: [Fate Testarossa] Kamio Misuzu Kanzaki Kaori Kotobuki Tsumugi [Nakano Azusa] Okazaki Ushio Oshino Shinobu
*(No second guessing)
ARENA 04: Alice Haibara Ai [Hiiragi Kagami] Hinamori Amu [Sakurano Kurimu] Shana Shirai Kuroko
*(Was tempted to vote Alice > Kagami)
ARENA 05: Aisaka Taiga [Holo] Kotegawa Yui Kuronuma Sawako Maria [Suiseiseki] Tainaka Ritsu
*(Almost voted Taiga but went with a Rozen Maiden representative)
ARENA 06: [Fujibayashi Kyō] Hiiragi Tsukasa Illyasviel von Einzbern [Katsura Hinagiku] Kinomoto Sakura Lala Satalin Deviluke Ryūgū Rena
* (#1 and #4 overall. Obvious choices)
ARENA 07: Astarotte Ygvar Makise Kurisu Miki Sayaka [Nakagawa Kanon] [Shiina Mayuri] Shinonome Hakase Victorique de Blois
*(Mayuri is my main choice, but deciding on my second choice with Lotte and Kurisu in the same match was very tough)
ARENA 08: [Akaza Akari] Anjō Naruko Kanzaki H. Aria Kirishima Shōko Kōsaka Kirino [Minato Tomoka] Oshimizu Nako
*(Toughest group. I had to leave out Aria, Shouko and Kirino.)
ARENA 09: Amami Haruka [Dalian] Elucia de Lute Irma [Hasegawa Kobato] Horizon Ariadust (P-01s) Kuroi Mato Yarizui Sen
ARENA 10: Aragaki Ayase Irisviel von Einzbern [Shiomiya Shiori] [Ueno Kirika] Uryū Minene Yamada Aoi Yuzuriha Inori
ARENA 11: Amaha Miu [Haruna] Hoshii Miki Kaga Rin [Kashiwazaki Sena] Laura Bodewig Mine Riko
ARENA 12: Akemi Homura Hakamada Hinata [Haqua du Lot Herminium] Iwasawa Asami Nanasaki Ai Sena Airi [Toshinō Kyōko]
*(Another tough group. I would have voted Homura, and maybe even Sena Airi any other day, but Haqua and Toshino Kyouko had a higher priority)

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament