AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-13, 10:16   Link #221
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Hi guys! I'm glad this thread became active again since we recently finished subbing this. First of all, just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to the members of Avalon for jointing with us, as they helped us get started into fansubbing and showing us the ropes. We definitely learned a lot from them, as the majority of us, including myself started out as newbies.

For Avalon, unfortunately this was their last series, as their members have decided to go their separate ways. But don't worry, some of them have joined up with us on AQS-Anime, and we're excited to have them as part of our staff now, as we have some exciting projects coming up including the new Kanon TV series, and a few surprises in store.

I also wanted to throw a few comments in myself. There were some mixed opinions about To Heart 2 among my staff members, but I personally liked the series myself. My girl of choice was definitely Tamaki (Tama-nee). I've heard that in the X-Rated TH2 game, she gets very naughty which is not surprising.

There were moments throughout this series that I got a kick out of including Tama-nee's first episode, the nuttiness which is Karin, and the amusement park episode where Ruri gets the crap scared out of her.

I have heard there is a season 2 coming up soon. Maybe we'll see more of the characters like Yuki and Sassara. We're not sure yet if we will pick it up. We'll see, since it might be a little easier now that we've been able to move at a decent pace.

On a quick side note: I recently started watching Comic Party Revolution on DVD, and I just noticed the numerous references to To Heart 2 that are in that series.

Spoiler:

Translating and editing style we've mostly tried to stick close to the translation if possible, while at the same time tried to adapt to dialogue that you would say in casual conversation in real life. At first read, some lines might not make sense, but when you look at again and read it out loud, you understand what that person means or is trying to imply.

Typesetting: We figured that it would be a good idea to make sure the dates stand out where they show up at, since there are numerous times where events with the different girls overlap with the others. That way it would make it somewhat easier to keep track of the timeline. The episode notes are nice to put in as even I didn't know some of these little fun facts that my guys knew, like the carp flags in Ep 12, though I knew about most of the background for the original To Heart series. In terms of the font for the actual subs, we just chose something that was simple and hopefully readable.

By the way, if you liked the original To Heart series, be sure to pick it up by Right Stuf International when it comes out next year, since they're taking the time to clean up the original footage, and I have a feeling it's going to look really nice. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Thanks guys for those of you who watched our releases of the series, and we look forward to bringing you guys more with our new projects in the works.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 11:26   Link #222
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
No no, it works just fine for me.
aye, Tama-nee doing a "Ru" chant would pretty much bring all activity to a halt in visual range it looks like ... spectacular without being disproportionate.
Old 2006-09-13, 15:57   Link #223
retracnosna

space alien girl was the cutest imo. Cutest 'looking' anyways. Not sure why they wasted such a cute design on a minor character, and then gave her no personality

I thought the girl who kept accusing him of picking fights and duel's was the funniest. Still not sure exactly what her deal was though lol. Her and the girl who thought he was a pervert seemed a little insane

I liked the show. I like pretty much every anime I watch though lol
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 18:40   Link #224
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Afterschool of the 5th Year

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 18:42   Link #225
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

NtyPe

Old 2006-09-13, 19:02   Link #226
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Utsura Uraraka & Black Scarecrow The 8th Platoon

Utsura Uraraka (E)

Black Scarecrow The 8th Platoon

Old 2006-09-23, 16:53   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like we're getting yet another Tamaki PVC.. i'm not complaining. <3

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-GCF-00000594

Seriously, my ToHeart2 collection shall take over the world soon.
Old 2006-09-24, 05:28   Link #228
martino
makes no files now

NVM this post.

Last edited by martino; 2006-09-24 at 09:56.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 07:42   Link #229
ccardoso
Banned

I didn't understand if "Tama-nee" confessed to the guy or not... can someone clear that for me? Thanks.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 08:08   Link #230
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
I didn't understand if "Tama-nee" confessed to the guy or not... can someone clear that for me? Thanks.
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 20:17   Link #231
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Have you ever seen Chobits?
No, and now I'm afraid to.
Old 2006-09-26, 21:24   Link #232
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Looks like we're getting yet another Tamaki PVC.. i'm not complaining. <3

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-GCF-00000594

Seriously, my ToHeart2 collection shall take over the world soon.
My heart!

Yipes!
Old 2006-09-26, 21:27   Link #233
aliensporebomb

Ack - sorry replied to wrong thread.
Old 2006-10-19, 04:01   Link #234
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Found this little juicy at Darkmirage's blog:

To Heart 2 ~Another Days~ game and To Heart 2 OVA

Check out the magazine scan there. The new girl is a cutie.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:13   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

With keeping the 13 episode series in mind, OVA's work perfect then another 13 episode series. It just seems like they want to have a lil' bit more fun with the characters, and i'm all for that, i just hope they keep the same BGM's from the series.. i'm already to used to them, or better yet - use the soundtrack from the game. :3
Old 2006-10-19, 09:08   Link #236
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Found this little juicy at Darkmirage's blog:

To Heart 2 ~Another Days~ game and To Heart 2 OVA

Check out the magazine scan there. The new girl is a cutie.
Nice, finally Ma-ryan sempai is available. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a pity that I couldn't date Konomi's friends Yocchi and Sharu.

Is this new game for "All Ages", or is it a "Standard Edition"? (For the uninitiated, "All Ages" literally means just that, "clean" and "pure". )

Edit: NVM, saw the poster, it's "Standard Edition". (All the more reason to buy it, lol. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 10:25   Link #237
MeganeShounen
Huh?

So according to the other pics I've seen, we have:

Maryan, Yochi, Charu, the HMX sisters, Nanako, and Komaki Ikuno (Manaka's handicapped sister). 7 girls at most.

What bothers me is that Iincho's sister only appears after Manaka's ending in the first game, so I wondered if it somehow followed the original plot. Or perhaps Ikuno just got out of the hospital without Takaaki's help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Is this new game for "All Ages", or is it a "Standard Edition"? (For the uninitiated, "All Ages" literally means just that, "clean" and "pure". )

Edit: NVM, saw the poster, it's "Standard Edition". (All the more reason to buy it, lol. )
So if it's "Standard", then getting Maryan-sempai and Nanako as the winnable girls might result into interesting situations...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 11:19   Link #238
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you don't have to complete the ending to meet ikuno but you do have to complete about 80% of manaka's story line to meet her at the hospital before her surgery.

i cant wait to see maaryans story line :3
i would have preferred if it took place after she graduated but it doesnt look to be that way.

and who is harumi?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:36   Link #239
MeganeShounen
Huh?

According to the magazine scans, she's the girl in the bottom right. But isn't that one of the Ilfa's sisters... forgot her real name though. A name change probably?

And found a pic related to the OVA. So it's really coming along next year...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 18:34   Link #240
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the sisters are milfa, silfa, and ilfa. i'm not sure who harumi is related to, if at all.

milfa was the teddy bear. and she requested an enlargement to her bust size, just like takaaki likes

Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, olm, romance, school life, slice of life