Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-19, 16:34   Link #581
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
You think the difference is very big, well Sandaime didn't seem to feel that way and contrary to us he did know the mechanism of this jutsu.
He was the one who explained how this jutsu acted and he was the one saying this was the very jutsu used by Yondaime in order to seal the Kyubi.
He certainely didn't seem to think there was some kind of impossibility about it.

You say it didn't seem like Sandaime could change the path of soul extraction, how can you draw this conclusion given that he never tried nor had any reason to have tried?

But his death isn't presented as something mysterious in the manga.
- Yes, the difference is very big, cause the result is very different - and I am not talking about the number of seals Yondaime used, but the sealing used just by the basic Death God jutsu. It was the first time he had seen the death god, it was the first time Sandaime used the jutsu. Even if the basic operation of the jutsu can be the same, what Yondaime used in his death god technique wasn't definitely used by Sandaime. Also if I am not mistaken Sandaime also said the souls sealed with this jutsu - the one who is sealed and the one who performs the jutsu - suffer for eternity in the Death God's stomach. Now, where is Kyuubi? Naruto's stomach.

It didn't appear to me that Sandaime had any control on the Death God, cause he never had any direct access to the sealed soul.

The jutsu Yondaime used, and the result of the jutsu says a lot about the mysterious "death" of Yondaime (if he really died).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 19:19   Link #582
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
The jutsu Yondaime used, and the result of the jutsu says a lot about the mysterious "death" of Yondaime (if he really died).
well Yondaime died for sure we know that because the sandaime said that "in exchange for this jutsu to work, you hand over your soul to death. It's a Fuuin jutsu you pay for with your life". it is also contradictory for kishi that he said about the one who is sealed and the one who performs the jutsu will suffer for eternity in the Death God's stomach. i have to agree with you on that.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 19:23   Link #583
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Who said Sandaime can't be lying though...you can only know this if you were there...Sandaime i doubt was there...but think about it...I mean..if you see the scene yourself then go ahead and believe..because rumors 90% spread by word of the mouth.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 04:58   Link #584
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
But his death isn't presented as something mysterious in the manga.
It is. We have never seen his death, it is gossip. He couldn't be summoned from the dead.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:44   Link #585
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
- Yes, the difference is very big, cause the result is very different - and I am not talking about the number of seals Yondaime used, but the sealing used just by the basic Death God jutsu. It was the first time he had seen the death god, it was the first time Sandaime used the jutsu. Even if the basic operation of the jutsu can be the same, what Yondaime used in his death god technique wasn't definitely used by Sandaime. Also if I am not mistaken Sandaime also said the souls sealed with this jutsu - the one who is sealed and the one who performs the jutsu - suffer for eternity in the Death God's stomach. Now, where is Kyuubi? Naruto's stomach.
You are merely repeating your last post here Sazelyt.
You say you don't speak about the numbers of seal Yondaime used whereas you're talking about the result of his actions which doesn't make any sense since they were used in order to reach the very goal you consider very different.

Your point is basically that the Shiki Fujinn is meant to capture soul(s) which are then to be eaten by the Shikigami which doesn't represent the fact that the Kyubi's soul is inside Naruto. What I pointed out to you is that the Shiki Fujinn was only the first part of what Yondaime did to obtain this result.
The Shiki Fujinn was used first to tear off the Kyubi's soul out of its body, then the Shishou Fuuin was used to take this soul and bind it into someone else and then the 3rd was used to control the relation between these two entities.
So of course it didn't end like what Sandaime did given that Sarutobi only used the Shiki Fujinn since he was only trying to kill Oro and not to create a Jinchuuriki.

If your point was to say that Yondaime being able to do that makes theorically possible that he used yet another seal (or the current 3) to preserve his own soul from the Shikigami in whatever ways you may think about then I would understand. It's still pure assumption not hinted in the manga mind you but it's not particulary improbable depending on "where" his soul might be.
But your point is basically like saying that Nidaime and Yamato aren't using both Water element because Yamato's result is Wood and the fact that he mixes it with Earth element isn't relevant. That, as I said above,doesn't make any sense.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:56   Link #586
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
You are merely repeating your last post here Sazelyt.
You say you don't speak about the numbers of seal Yondaime used whereas you're talking about the result of his actions which doesn't make any sense since they were used in order to reach the very goal you consider very different.

Your point is basically that the Shiki Fujinn is meant to capture soul(s) which are then to be eaten by the Shikigami which doesn't represent the fact that the Kyubi's soul is inside Naruto. What I pointed out to you is that the Shiki Fujinn was only the first part of what Yondaime did to obtain this result.
The Shiki Fujinn was used first to tear off the Kyubi's soul out of its body, then the Shishou Fuuin was used to take this soul and bind it into someone else and then the 3rd was used to control the relation between these two entities.

If your point was to say that Yondaime being able to do that makes theorically possible that he used yet another seal (or the current 3) to preserve his own soul from the Shikigami in whatever ways you may think about then I would understand. It's still pure assumption not hinted in the manga mind you but it's not particulary improbable depending on "where" his soul might be.
But your point is basically like saying that Nidaime and Yamato aren't using both Water element because Yamato's result is Wood and the fact that he mixes it with Earth element isn't relevant. That, as I said above,doesn't make any sense.
The result I am talking about is mostly related to the result of Death God jutsu. There are other jutsus involved as you said, but the main part is how Yondaime was able to claim the soul back from Death God. I think you consider it outside Death God jutsu. I am not sure about that. For me, it is possible that claiming the soul from Death God can also be a part of the original Death God jutsu Yondaime used.

After you gave comments from Sandaime, I also gave another comment from Sandaime, that says the souls of both the sealed and sealer go into the stomach of Death God. However, we know that, in Yondaime's case, that wasn't what happened. And it is not easy to believe a typical sealing jutsu can access the soul taken by the Death God, unless the Death God jutsu itself can be used for that.

And, for your last theory, yes, that is one of the theories I consider. Since Yondaime can claim Kyuubi's soul from the Death God, he can also do the same thing for his own soul. And, again this can be used to open a path for theories about him not being death. Still, I consider it to happen in a give and take manner - more like within the Death God technique. Specifically, he needs to replace the souls that should be taken by Death God with other souls. (And that is where Naruto's parents might enter the picture.)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 12:17   Link #587
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
The result I am talking about is mostly related to the result of Death God jutsu. There are other jutsus involved as you said, but the main part is how Yondaime was able to claim the soul back from Death God. I think you consider it outside Death God jutsu. I am not sure about that. For me, it is possible that claiming the soul from Death God can also be a part of the original Death God jutsu Yondaime used.
Hmmm how would you see that working?
Because it seems to me that would be assuming he used the two other seals after the shikigami ate their souls which would mean almost at the moment when he -or his body- died which isn't very likely.
Hence Yondaime probably had to use his 2nd seal to bind the soul of the Kyubi inside Naruto before the Shikigami actually ate it.
Basically he interrupted the regular process of the Shiki Fujinn to place and secure the soul he had just teared off with another Seal.

Quote:
Specifically, he needs to replace the souls that should be taken by Death God with other souls. (And that is where Naruto's parents might enter the picture.)
Now that would be funny.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 14:42   Link #588
minuteman

[manga]hidan?

dose anyone know what village he is from?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 14:44   Link #589
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
unknown... i mistaked it for rain.

Last edited by Rich; 2006-09-20 at 14:56.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 14:47   Link #590
Rachy
Disabled By Request

It's Unknown.

Use the Q&A thread more often for questions .

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-09-20 at 14:59.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 00:03   Link #591
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteman
dose anyone know what village he is from?
Yeah thie village hiden is from hasnet been mentioned although some say he mabye from hidden rain considering is headband looks similar to the hidden rain headband (though it is slightly different)
Old 2006-09-21, 09:59   Link #592
gibits
Endless

I got a question.

Kakashi said its impossible to combine chakra nature and shape into one jutsu but Sasuke and Kakashi are able to mold lightning into some shape. If he stated that it was impossible for even the 4th to do then why is it we have seen this happen many times already? Even Gaara has already molded wind into a ball.

Is it that the more you manipluate it shape the less you can change its nature?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 10:20   Link #593
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
I got a question.

Kakashi said its impossible to combine chakra nature and shape into one jutsu but Sasuke and Kakashi are able to mold lightning into some shape. If he stated that it was impossible for even the 4th to do then why is it we have seen this happen many times already? Even Gaara has already molded wind into a ball.

Is it that the more you manipluate it shape the less you can change its nature?
Manga:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-09-21 at 10:37.
Old 2006-09-21, 10:35   Link #594
Rurik
Golden

Rave , Gibits, read this:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-21, 10:49   Link #595
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Rurik:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-21, 11:04   Link #596
Rurik
Golden

You know the drill….
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-21, 11:04   Link #597
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Rurik:
Spoiler:
Shukaku's attacks were made of wind, and they were in the shape of a orb. Maybe for a tailed monster its an easy feat but it certainly had an element and a shape.

My question which Rurik answered was if more of one meant less of another, or if they were mutually exclusive. I was just confused since Kakashi said it was impossible to merge both, but then goes and does exactly that.
Old 2006-09-21, 11:14   Link #598
Rachy
Disabled By Request

kay..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-21, 11:19   Link #599
gibits
Endless

Then what about that frog's waterballs? Or Sasuke's fire dragon? My point is we have seen lots of elemental and shape manipulation, why is it such a big deal now?
Old 2006-09-21, 11:24   Link #600
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
kay..
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
This was specific to Rasengan.