AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 21:46   Link #2101
Jintor

Posting from a net cafe in Sydney's CBD -

If possible my ideal writing order would by Kaisos + Dkellis working together while Beanbrew and I editjob. That last chapter was gold, people. Gold!
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 21:50   Link #2102
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
What normal man grabs another mans crotch from behind? We're already in damage control zone.

It's just my opinion that the 4koma comic doesn't really have as serious of a gay hint as the writing material where Haruki is completely unfazed.
We can argue about this forever... it's not going to go anywhere.

Like I said, if you can write something better, go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post

If possible my ideal writing order would by Kaisos + Dkellis working together while Beanbrew and I editjob. That last chapter was gold, people. Gold!
What I do is rewrite the novels, and what dkellis does is write directly from memory.

I think having him write some of the more difficult parts in advance so I can use them when I get there is working well so far.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 21:51   Link #2103
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

OK. Here be my question. For the illustrations, is it desirable for us copycats to do as close an approximation a style to Noiji Ito sensei's style or is it tolerable for us to retain whatever it is that we typically draw at. Moreover, would you like to see basically all the scenes that Noiji Ito-sensei penned redrawn or other scenes within the chapters in question drawn?

@RMX: I'll volunteer to help over the Haruhi subforum as well if you need it.

BTW: Baka-Tsuki does have an IRC:
irc://irc.rizon.net/Baka-Tsuki
Free free to drop by now and then.

@Roger Rambo: I seem to remember that Haruhi doesn't really have much qualm in gender and is bisexual, so Suzumiya should be indiscriminate at both sexes....

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 21:55   Link #2104
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
First, Haruhi and Mikuru are girls, and girls in anime are able to get away with doing that without looking gay. (FANSERVICE!)

I doubt girls in real life actually do that...
The main issue is though, is the attitude while doing it. Haruhi, and Haruki in this first draft both seem to both be maintaining a sorta huggy clingy almost flirtatious interaction with Mikuru/Mitsuru. When women do it in a medium, it providing fan service. When men engage in that same behavior (affectionate touching) it makes them look like queens.

The main issue is, we can make Haruki appear to be queen gay (happy affectionate disposition while molesting), or macho gay (His raw power is overwhelming!).

Compare these two images
Spoiler for the gay question...:

They are both equally gay. The one on the right though has all sorts of GARish masculine undertones.

No matter what we do, Haruki is gonna look somewhat gay grabbing Mitsuru's piece. As long as we do that, we can either maintain a mentality while cod grabbing more similar to the original material (That was fan service with Haruhi, and queen like with Haruki) or go for Macho shock and admiration.

But if you don't want to write something like that I can understand. If you're unconformable writing that, maybe we should just skip the whole incident.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 21:59   Link #2105
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
But if you don't want to write something like that I can understand. If you're unconformable writing that, maybe we should just skip the whole incident.
Well we can't have that now can we?

@panzerfan: Bisexual? I wouldn't go so far as to call her that...

And thanks for volunteering.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:13   Link #2106
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Well we can't have that now can we?

@panzerfan: Bisexual? I wouldn't go so far as to call her that...

And thanks for volunteering.
Didn't she say "Male, female, doesn't matter. I want an alien!"?
Old 2008-03-14, 22:15   Link #2107
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Well that don't imply bisexual. That implies "I don't give a damn."

Old 2008-03-14, 22:16   Link #2108
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Suzumiya would've agree to go on a date with a girl (original setting) if any dares to ask, only to break up in minutes from boredom.

(Now if she manages to date somebody like Nia, or Nono... she'd be having serious fun)

EDIT: What about the question I asked? Do our best to copy Noiji Itoh Sensei or fine to use scribbles that everyone can agree on?

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-03-14, 22:18   Link #2109
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Eh I don't wanna argue this. I just think the proper term is "disregard" rather than "bisexual".

Edit: I think Oni's the one with the answer to that. I'm fine with people submitting anything and everything to this forum, but Oni's the one trying to get inserts for the novels.

Old 2008-03-14, 22:22   Link #2110
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

About the 'manliness' thing: I think that Haruki's view is that why is such a well hung guy such as Mitsuru such a whimp? (if that is the reason we're deciding about). And Kyonko should right out say (as the groping happens): "Are you gay or something??" And let Haruki defend himself there with the reasons to form the club.

EDIT: Panzerfan: we shouldn't copy, we should be doing homages to Noizi Ito.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:24   Link #2111
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
About the 'manliness' thing: I think that Haruki's view is that why is such a well hung guy such as Mitsuru such a whimp? (if that is the reason we're deciding about). And Kyonko should right out say (as the groping happens): "Are you gay or something??" And let Haruki defend himself there with the reasons to form the club.
That was a pretty simple solution.

*facepalm*

Old 2008-03-14, 22:25   Link #2112
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post

EDIT: What about the question I asked? Do our best to copy Noiji Itoh Sensei or fine to use scribbles that everyone can agree on?
Using Noizi Ito's EARLY style would be good, if you guys can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Again, if you can do it, feel free to write the scenario and I'll put it in.

(I still don't think Mitsuuru should be "well hung", though. He's Japanese, for the love of god.)
Old 2008-03-14, 22:28   Link #2113
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
(I still don't think Mitsuuru should be "well hung", though. He's Japanese, for the love of god.)
Relatively then.

Old 2008-03-14, 22:29   Link #2114
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
You tell me what Gundam is about, and I'll try to mention some of it in the diary. I have no intention of ever watching Gundam, so feel free to spoil me as much as you want.

beanbrew: Um... What exactly was different with that version?
@ChrissieXD: Little late, but I think I didn't like the wording in half a sentence or something little like that...Or maybe I messed up with the copy and paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pas1990 View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot who asked me for the full (naked) version of this pic, so just let me know if you want it >.>;;
@Pas1990: That was me. Please send!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post

I'd better get to work. I just caught up on the backlog so I still need to read Kaisos. And I won't be home most of the day tomorrow so Sunday will be backlog hell. Fun.
________
Harley-Davidson FXSTD

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 20:06.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:29   Link #2115
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Relatively then.
... Still, it's not like breast size. It's not that easy to tell how, um, big some guy is just by groping them.

And no, I have not had experience in doing so.
Old 2008-03-14, 22:30   Link #2116
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

*Based on the lineart illustrations in-novel

If you mean Itoh in eroge and Shana-level details, that's gonna be on the nasty side of things... if you mean Itoh in early volumes of Haruhi, it's harsher lines and later on lines aren't as harsh and designs are a bit more simplified, making it not as hard to get there to an extent.

Old 2008-03-14, 22:31   Link #2117
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
And no, I have not had experience in doing so.
I hope not. O.o

Let's just let someone else with better ideas try and improve on what we've got so far.

Old 2008-03-14, 22:32   Link #2118
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
*Based on the lineart illustrations in-novel

If you mean Itoh in eroge and Shana-level details, that's gonna be on the nasty side of things... if you mean Itoh in early volumes of Haruhi, it's harsher lines and later on lines aren't as harsh and designs are a bit more simplified, making it not as hard to get there to an extent.
Yeah, the early volumes of Haruhi. The ones where her hair is actually black like it's supposed to be...

Quote:
I hope not. O.o

Let's just let someone else with better ideas try and improve on what we've got so far.
Right.

I suggest that dkellis does it. Now if only he'd get online...
Old 2008-03-14, 22:42   Link #2119
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'll give it a shot, but I'll do it after I sleep on it...

Come to think of it, we also need to look into why Haruki is in this 'manliness' phase and why Mitsuru is the lucky victchosen one.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:42   Link #2120
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't the Book 4 version of Mikuru mentioned to be a foreign exchange student? Or am I misremembering things again? Would that explain why she wasn't around before three years ago? (Yuki on the other hand can fix the data for her back story if anyone cared).
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan