AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 23:25   Link #1881
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I agree. His behavior is rather incomprehensible if you compare it with past events. He saw a friend like Jinie being strangled and not a shred of rage or hatred towards the SUC. Or when we go back to part 1 where he witnessed on the roof Shiho getting shot and not a singe glare from him towards the perpetrator.

The author has to balance things out. You can't let him stay acting unaffected in other cases and let him unleash all the inside rage out of blue by a sudden turn in events. It's just not convincing and especiialy not with Shioon's character.

Even if the victim is his mother, to put him into such an extreme state is somewhat badly written if you ask me.
It seems author is using that as a plot device for shion using nine dragons arts but i think he will hurt someone if he goes like that .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 23:54   Link #1882
Xacual

Chapter 64 seems to be out early this week.

Spoiler for Chapter 64:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 00:17   Link #1883
DarkLordOfkichiku

Hmm, one can't help but worry that Shioon's latest endeavour will NOT turn out so well...

Also of interesting note is that there seems to be some sort of internal conflict brewing within Chundomoon...?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 00:18   Link #1884
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Chapter 64 seems to be out early this week.

Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Spoiler for 64:
Old 2012-03-23, 01:19   Link #1885
Xaturas

Go go dark knight.
I already like the change.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:53   Link #1886
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I agree with the poster who stated the author using the mother as a catalyst to train. I have absolutely no sympathy or feeling for this mother character at all. The author needs to balance the main character mindset. I would like that he trains for protecting the innocent, Jinnie and the mother as a whole.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:19   Link #1887
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I agree with the poster who stated the author using the mother as a catalyst to train. I have absolutely no sympathy or feeling for this mother character at all. The author needs to balance the main character mindset. I would like that he trains for protecting the innocent, Jinnie and the mother as a whole.
I think we have more than enough shounen heros who fight to protect all, and then story goes all butterflies and rainbows.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:21   Link #1888
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I think we have more than enough shounen heros who fight to protect all, and then story goes all butterflies and rainbows.
Agreed. Author is getting cheap with this move.
Old 2012-03-23, 05:27   Link #1889
Bakaaa

Is it crazy to think that the guy who made the pill for Shion could be a disguised 9AD ?
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 05:32   Link #1890
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Also of interesting note is that there seems to be some sort of internal conflict brewing within Chundomoon...?
It would be amusing if the mentioned internal conflict ends with a Sera-like situation where Hyuk gets the seat with the Sunwoo clan's meddling. (Especially if his Sa-Hyung is the one involved with the SUC.) Shioon would be able to add another retainer to his repetoire.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 07:55   Link #1891
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gonna have to jump on the bandwagon about the reason for training as well. Def didn't seem balanced. Now to play devil's advocate for a moment, one could say that we(the readers) do not know the full extent of how much he really loves his mother before all of this took place. If you compare the possible relationship to someone he's known and[I guess] loved all his life to these people he's just met, they don't have as much significance emotionally. This could also applies to Saehee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaaa View Post
Is it crazy to think that the guy who made the pill for Shion could be a disguised 9AD ?
Yeah, that's nuts =03. But if it's any consolation, he does look like the 9AD.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 11:02   Link #1892
tsunade666

I also thought that crazy guy who makes pills is 9AD in disguise. They aren't showing his eyes at all and making it all mystery.

Shion finally starting to master the black heaven and earth moves. I can understand why he is angry with his mother hurt. Well it's his mother. I won't feel anything if it's been mentioned earlier that he leaves alone but he is not. He is in custody of his mother. His mother took care of him.
Old 2012-03-23, 11:30   Link #1893
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well Jinie has been with him for awhile, but your mother is your mother. Big difference and considering that she has nothing to do with Murim and is also clueless about it. That more or less intensifies the guilt he's feeling that it's his fault thus spurning this new 'eye of the tiger' training...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 13:47   Link #1894
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Also, I don't think there's as much guilt in the other cases as what he feels right now about his mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
It would be amusing if the mentioned internal conflict ends with a Sera-like situation where Hyuk gets the seat with the Sunwoo clan's meddling. (Especially if his Sa-Hyung is the one involved with the SUC.) Shioon would be able to add another retainer to his repetoire.
Another retainer... who won't be able to do anything but comply if ordered to serve him while wearing maid clothes?

I don't think it's going to be that easy, though. Sera was against a bunch of wimps who folded as soon as someone a bit famous got involved. If that was enough, Hyuk So Chun could do it in his sleep.

Also, I think he has to fight Shioon again at some point. Maybe it'll be the great classic: fight over a misunderstanding, team up, drunken hook-up.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 14:05   Link #1895
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I also thought that crazy guy who makes pills is 9AD in disguise. They aren't showing his eyes at all and making it all mystery.
Well this could be possible due tot he hair style and Shino. Can anyone link the time line between 9AD in the different country scene to Korea? I recall him killing/impaling bunch of people (even females, yes I am bias ).

Need more Jinnie! I know others looking forward to battles regarding the protagonist, but for me, I want romance + battle for him!
Old 2012-03-23, 14:25   Link #1896
Excorsism

I see that Sa-Hee finally shows up... via text. Damn!
Old 2012-03-23, 17:00   Link #1897
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I lol at Shion since ch 63!
He at first tried a lot refusing that he's a part of murim and doesn't have anything to do with them.
Then his mom got hurt by the SUC that was the problem murim is facing, which he ignored before.
Now he's pissed at the SUC, since it's his business now. Man, just admit it that you're pissed only because someone closed to you got involved, not righteousness!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:22   Link #1898
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I lol at Shion since ch 63!
He at first tried a lot refusing that he's a part of murim and doesn't have anything to do with them.
Then his mom got hurt by the SUC that was the problem murim is facing, which he ignored before.
Now he's pissed at the SUC, since it's his business now. Man, just admit it that you're pissed only because someone closed to you got involved, not righteousness!
I don't understand your point, Shion was against SUC before this incident (Jinie 9AD etc) and he became head for those reasons and now he's more angry because of what happened with his mom, he knows this as does everyone else. It's basic common sense, there's nothing to "admit".
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:23   Link #1899
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I don't understand your point, Shion was against SUC before this incident (Jinie 9AD etc) and he became head for those reasons and now he's more angry because of what happened with his mom, he knows this as does everyone else. It's basic common sense, there's nothing to "admit".
Well, SUC has been around for a while. He has been appointed as Sunwoo Clan's leader for half a year already but kept refusing. He also believed naively that no one would bother doing anything against him or those close to him. Then bang, he finally saw what the SUC did when his bully came for revenge, even though he had been informed about that before. The Sunwoo Clan even sent Jinie as his bodyguard due to fear that he would be harmed (as well as control of him). Yet he just ignored all this and realized too late.

Also, he had the mobile phone with video that 9AD teaches him martial art for all this time but he never bother trained that much before Jigun and Sera came. Seriously, talking about someone who never took precaution against all odds when he had been involved in some crazy mess.

Also, he was the one who asked for it that way. He became 9AD's disciple by his own will, thus being hated by most people who hate his teacher. He threw his life to Murim world in order to change himself and not to be weak, but then he wanted easy way out. That was selfish of him.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:37   Link #1900
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I see that Sa-Hee finally shows up... via text. Damn!
I hope she returns..... to make Jinnie jealous. At this point Jinnie is a way better love interest... Hotter too.....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves