AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-28, 17:34   Link #2881
calubin_175

I just don't get the whole unification of the twin planets and the move of Baleras II to Iscandar's surface. It seems a bit aggressive on Dessler's part if she loves Starsha. Maybe it is to convince her to marry him so that Gamillians will worship them both equally. Of course, the rest of Gamilias is opposed to the movement, and I wonder what the unification means for them?

I think the original word is meant to be re-unification, so they must have been some single body before. We still don't know what Gamilias was when Iscandar was still an empire, whether Gamilians migrated from Iscandar, or were just civil neighbours, who knows. We know that wave motion energy was given to them, and probably Starsha is particularly opposed to WMD type weapons. Gamilias probably took Iscandar's place as the conqueror of the universe.

Clearly in this version there is no breathing problem on Iscandar for Gamillians.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 17:48   Link #2882
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nor in an Earth ship. Multiple Gamilas have been seen on Yamato breathing comfortably.
Old 2013-10-29, 01:26   Link #2883
GundamFan0083

Just finished episode 24 and I have a question.
Are we to assume that Starsha is pregnant when she holds her hand over her abdomen as the Yamato is leaving Iscandar?
I was trying to figure out if this was a foreshadowing of "Be Forever" Yamato with Mamoru getting Starsha pregnant and her having their child (the "new?" Sasha?).

Anybody here know?
Old 2013-10-29, 01:57   Link #2884
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Just finished episode 24 and I have a question.
Are we to assume that Starsha is pregnant when she holds her hand over her abdomen as the Yamato is leaving Iscandar?
I don't know about you, but I'm not assuming anything and that Mamaru did indeed leave something behind before he died.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 04:58   Link #2885
calubin_175

Some people joked that it could be abdomen ailment, but of course it must be Mamoru's child in there. I would laugh if they decide to make it a boy.
Old 2013-10-29, 11:26   Link #2886
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm not assuming anything and that Mamaru did indeed leave something behind before he died.
I agree, I'm trying to keep open minded, maybe she was just thinking "geez, Yamato, leave already, my stomach is growling" but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
Some people joked that it could be abdomen ailment, but of course it must be Mamoru's child in there. I would laugh if they decide to make it a boy.
A boy would make for a really interesting twist. With proper licensing, she could name him Phantom F...
Old 2013-10-29, 12:55   Link #2887
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

When the multi-deck carriers models come out ealry next year, they will come with a lot of stuff.

The Green one comes with a 1/1000 scale model of itself, a box scale (1/100s - 1/200s estimated scale) model of the DWG109 fighter, and 42 1/1000 scale planes (a mix of 21 DWG109 fighters and 21 DMB87 bombers in green).

The Purple one comes with a 1/1000 scale model of itself, a box scale model of the DMB87 dive bomber, and 42 1/000 scale planes (a mix of 21 DMB87 bombers and 21 DWG109 fighters in purple).

The Blue one comes with a 1/1000 scale model of itself, a box scale model of the FWG97 torpedo bomber (a large plane then the other two types), and 78 1/1000 scale planes (36 FWG97 torpedo bombers, 21 DMB87 dive bombers, and 21 DWG109 fighters in blue)

So by collecting all three you will have three carriers, one of each combat spacecraft in box scale, and a huge number of tiny planes. 63 fighters, 63 dive bombers, and 36 torpedo bombers. You will have 6 extra fighters and 6 extra dive bombers than what was used at the Rainbow Cluster Battle. You could put them with your Battle Carrier and its single DBG88 heavy bomber.
Old 2013-10-29, 17:21   Link #2888
August138

Quote:
I just don't get the whole unification of the twin planets and the move of Baleras II to Iscandar's surface. It seems a bit aggressive on Dessler's part if she loves Starsha.
Yes, just like has happened in our own history; men of power driven to war (and/or madness) for love — Helen of Troy, anyone? Desler's aggression is what drives Starsha away from him, because Iscandar had previously, in their past (we don't know how long ago), forged a mighty interplanetary empire through power and violence (as shown in Episode 24).

Quote:
I think the original word is meant to be re-unification, so they must have been some single body before.
Not according to official Japanese texts or dialogue, as far as I can recall.

Quote:
Clearly in this version there is no breathing problem on Iscandar for Gamillians.
Not for Iscandarians or humans, and vice versa. Thus, elimating conundrums for later productions, and solidifying that hint in FINAL YAMATO that all of the humanoid races in the Yamato Universe were sown from the same seeds.
Old 2013-10-29, 20:05   Link #2889
calubin_175

Oh it was daitougou, not saitougou. For some reason the latter was going through my mind when I first saw episode 22.

Most Japanese board says it is part of Dessler's yearn for total dominance, and the spiritual neighbour Iscandar is no exception. In that sense, he is showing aggression towards Starsha and his own citizens at the same time during the part Baleras II drop in episode 23.
Old 2013-10-30, 12:55   Link #2890
Vito
Asshole.

wth

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/chri...-for-skydance/
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 13:38   Link #2891
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It has been suggested that it is all talk and no substance when it comes to an American Star Blazers movie.

Looking forward to next year's Yamato 2199 based movie instead.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:17   Link #2892
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I am looking foward to more Yamato. If the US version gets made I hope they use the USS Arizona.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:52   Link #2893
GundamFan0083

I just finished episode 26.
All I can say is that it was more than I had hoped for.
It IS better than the original in my humble opinion.
I found no fault in this series and am looking forward to more.

Now I'm off to Amazon to buy the BDs.
Old 2013-10-31, 05:24   Link #2894
Vito
Asshole.

Some snaps of the Gamillas artbook, mind you the site is full of NSFW content

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51416396.html
Old 2013-10-31, 07:22   Link #2895
calubin_175

New Nazca class is listed as 490m. The Rascor and Kukulkan classes are now simplified to space cruiser and space destroyer rather than charge(assault) type cruiser and assault destroyer as per Japan wikipedia.

http://mono-logue.air-nifty.com/mono...armillas-.html

The Rascor class looks nothing like the missile ship as it is now flatter and filled with turrets, and looks more like an upscaled version of the Kukulkan with twin spindle bows. Not sure whether a missile variant will appear. I guess spindle bows and orange bug eyes should remain the defining traits of Gatlantis ships.

Actually, while there is no lineart available, the Playstation version of Yamato season 2 introduced two new Gatlantis units, the submarine battleship as well as a space cruiser. From the small screenshot, I could tell that it is similar to the Rascor in 2199. The missile ship has been described as a vessel belonging to a special combat unit.

They've finally fixed up the number of the Gaiterol's underside torpedo port numbers, from 11 to 21(9 on each side + 3 in the middle). This brings a total of 33 torpedo ports when including the 12 on the upper fuselage.

People have commented how the Gaiterol has less number of 330mm turrets than the Destoria, but its torpedo attributes surely makes up for it.
Old 2013-10-31, 10:45   Link #2896
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dessler's new flagship isn't quite as long as I though, but at 634 meters long, is not exactly small. It seems bulkier than Dommel's ship.
Old 2013-11-01, 05:13   Link #2897
calubin_175

http://subcultureblog.fc2rs.com/img/yamato29/50.jpg
http://subcultureblog.fc2rs.com/img/yamato29/51.jpg

Not only Gundam references, but Daimos as well. Daimos was actually one of Izubuchi's earliest works.

Not sure if it is a mistake on their part to make the Nazca 490m, that means there will be low chance of a 1/1000 model kit. They may revise the the length later. Given that the Nazca is a medium carrier, then the large rotating carrier would be even bigger.

So far reviews of the novelisation is pretty positive. It is the same size as a manga book with many pages. Me go sakusen 1 is fleshed out with descriptions of more ships' struggling battle and also explained the gravity of the interior ships. Earth side settings book did say they rely on magnetic boots.

Last edited by calubin_175; 2013-11-01 at 17:33.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:31   Link #2898
Vito
Asshole.

Oh, scans of the volume 7 booklet showed up, even has pic of the swimsuits

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-04, 07:40   Link #2899
Vito
Asshole.

This totally slipped my mind posting here, couple of more photos of MegaHouse's Juzo Okita fig:

http://akibahobby.net/2013/10/plamod...ega_okita.html
Old 2013-11-04, 16:30   Link #2900
calubin_175

No aircraft loading capacity for the carriers revealed in the Garmilas settings book. I guess most people had high expectations from both books, but since they were released too promptly, the might have had no time to think of such things. Earth book was visually pleasing but the explanatory text was lacking. Hopefully a Great Mechanics compilation will solve that. In terms of past Yamato settings books which included mecha, they have always been superficial on the mecha explanations.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato