AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 08:34   Link #19381
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so it didn't lose any boosters? just add more shields?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:37   Link #19382
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Again, it makes sense from a story perspective, but not from a meta perspective. Readers tend to look at things from the view of outside the story, so in justifications don't always work. This is why we said Inami was stealing too much spotlight earlier last year. He got involved with the canon cast's problems, but they don't in his. There's a reason in story, but it looks like he's just hogging it from the readers perspective.
Old 2012-01-24, 08:47   Link #19383
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - Again, it makes sense from a story perspective, but not from a meta perspective. Readers tend to look at things from the view of outside the story, so in justifications don't always work. This is why we said Inami was stealing too much spotlight earlier last year. He got involved with the canon cast's problems, but they don't in his. There's a reason in story, but it looks like he's just hogging it from the readers perspective.
I'm aware of the spotlight part but then again... I'm trying to work out a way to have the canon cast work with him against Praxidike.

Thing is, seeing as how they don't even give jack about Phantom Task after Ichika almost got shot and Cecilia being stabbed in the arm by a hostile IS. I really don't know what else would shift this guys off their harem antics aside from a blatant asspull. (Which is also one of the things I would to request for your help with, but since you brought it up now. I guess we could work something out)
Old 2012-01-24, 08:48   Link #19384
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Seems like I'm wrong after all. Indeed the new packet turned the Revive custom into standard Rafale in appearance, but with extra pair of barrier generator. Meaning that Rafael Revive Custom does lose some speed and acceleration but especially maneuverability, for double defense coefficient (both energy barrier and physical armor).
Old 2012-01-24, 08:52   Link #19385
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was going to write something stupid about that... now I can go ahead without any hesitation XD
Old 2012-01-24, 08:53   Link #19386
Eratas123

@ Stratos - I have no problem with (You have an in story reason, most authprs don't even have that) I also agree that them not giving two shits about Ichika nearly getting shot was annoying as well. I remedy this in Shadow by having Ichika become more expesed to danger by the beginning of the story so he knows how to deal with it and react. I don't knpw how you'll change it, though. I barely see Ichika at all in your fic.
Old 2012-01-24, 08:58   Link #19387
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - I have no problem with (You have an in story reason, most authprs don't even have that) I also agree that them not giving two shits about Ichika nearly getting shot was annoying as well. I remedy this in Shadow by having Ichika become more expesed to danger by the beginning of the story so he knows how to deal with it and react. I don't knpw how you'll change it, though. I barely see Ichika at all in your fic.
Seeing how almost all of them are out-of-campus to enjoy summer, it's not possible to have them involved just yet.

I'm thinking if I should pop in a drone or two during the summer festival to spark their involvement with his endeavour.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:00   Link #19388
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Urk

Spoiler for what I wrote so far:
Old 2012-01-24, 09:05   Link #19389
Eratas123

@ Demi - Nice one

@ Stratos - Drones ain't gonna cut it since Ichika's faced about 2-3 of them by the time the nearlu got shot and he still didn'r care. You need to have him fight living pilots or he won't change. Maybe that's what separates him from Inami: Inami fights drones, Ichika fights pilots.

@ Senpai - Did you get the PM?
Old 2012-01-24, 09:07   Link #19390
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thanks...

But then I realized we completely forgot about SaintX.

Then again, you don't have a fic planned yet, right?
Old 2012-01-24, 09:09   Link #19391
Eratas123

@ Meistah - I said you were taking reins, I didn't say you were the only one Saint X is still in the production level while you're already making the fic
Old 2012-01-24, 09:10   Link #19392
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nice combat scene yay! Mine is abolute nothing compared to that masterpiece

Just to cement the information....

One shield plus four booster VS Two shield plus two booster.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:21   Link #19393
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Drones ain't gonna cut it since Ichika's faced about 2-3 of them by the time the nearlu got shot and he still didn'r care. You need to have him fight living pilots or he won't change. Maybe that's what separates him from Inami: Inami fights drones, Ichika fights pilots.
Human pilots that pilot non-IS machines(Aside from Inami/Minerva) won't be so at the moment, but I have included them in the main plotline(As you may have noticed from the random scene I posted some pages back).

And yes. As it is now, that's what separates the two male protags from each other. The type of enemies they go up against. (Though it'll eventually reach the point where Inami faces off against living Praxidike pilots so... yeah)
Old 2012-01-24, 09:38   Link #19394
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Working on second draft...

Why the first draft is logically flawed: A wanderer don't have a fixed address, so technically it is impossible for any mail to reach them in time.

Second draft rewind time back a little, detailing the meeting.

Edit: Hopefully I can finish the second draft by tonight.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:40   Link #19395
Eratas123

@ Stratos - If you have Inami fight against the same enemies, then the differences become moot. You CAN'T give everything to one character There has to be a balance or the story suffers. Ichika can fight people with stolen IS' like M or something.

@ Treme - Good luck.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:53   Link #19396
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Going to sleep early, see you guys laterz.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:56   Link #19397
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - If you have Inami fight against the same enemies, then the differences become moot. You CAN'T give everything to one character There has to be a balance or the story suffers. Ichika can fight people with stolen IS' like M or something.
Sounds fair. The current balancing issue now is between Inami and Tsurugi.

The canon cast(except for Cecilia) are pretty much segregated until after summer, where normal lessons resume and they'll have more interaction with the OC duo, especially Tsurugi who's now a fellow IS pilot.

Also, is the barrier shield level the same for all IS units (600-800~) or do they vary, especially amongst Personal units?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-01-24 at 10:06.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:03   Link #19398
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Good luck with that

Going to sleep, see ya guys.
Old 2012-01-24, 10:13   Link #19399
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Also, is the barrier shield level the same for all IS units (600-800~) or do they vary, especially amongst Personal units?
Never stated in novel, but anime and manga shown only Byaku Shiki has 600, the rest has 800 (even Gospel).

You can say that the difference between speed and defense type is that speed type unit has +1 defense (1 SP per 1 Damage absorbed) while defensive unit has +3 or more (1 SP per 3 damage) or in some case, multilayer defense.

*RUUUUNZZZZ*
Old 2012-01-24, 10:25   Link #19400
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Never stated in novel, but anime and manga shown only Byaku Shiki has 600, the rest has 800 (even Gospel).

You can say that the difference between speed and defense type is that speed type unit has +1 defense (1 SP per 1 Damage absorbed) while defensive unit has +3 or more (1 SP per 3 damage) or in some case, multilayer defense.

*RUUUUNZZZZ*
Wow... dang. Guess I'll just have it at 800 for default then.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest