AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-09, 07:39   Link #3701
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What he really should have done is use Ea from the beginning. When he reached for it it was too late.

Also Gil always had various treasures. One of his other favorites is the chain which he used on Berserker as well as Shirou in a desperate attempt to survive.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 08:12   Link #3702
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yes, even after the F/Zero buff where he now has more than just blades in his treasury, you can chalk up Gil focusing on just blades and then losing to Shirou as his ego getting in the way.
The F/Z what now? He's always had a bunch of different stuff in the GoB, the only thing Zero added was the Hindu plane.
Old 2019-04-09, 08:58   Link #3703
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Well, it has been more than 10 years, so I might mis-remembered, but in my memory GoB originally could only deploy blades. It was only after Zero added that ship that I thought that wasn't the case. I also thought Enkidu and his mail was a separate noble phantasm that wasn't stored specifically in the GoB, kinda like how other servants conjure up their NPs.
Old 2019-04-09, 09:21   Link #3704
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

His falls from height because of arrogance are precisely the reason why he's a meme. Wouldn't be as funny otherwise

Quote:
Well, it has been more than 10 years, so I might mis-remembered, but in my memory GoB originally could only deploy blades. It was only after Zero added that ship that I thought that wasn't the case. I also thought Enkidu and his mail was a separate noble phantasm that wasn't stored specifically in the GoB, kinda like how other servants conjure up their NPs.
Nah, he always was capable of pulling random shit out from the Gate I think since technically it's his treasure vault. I mean by Mushroom verse logic, the Gate also contains stuff that shouldn't even be there like Norse items since in Mushroom verse timeline those artifacts originally belonged to him

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-04-09 at 09:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 10:37   Link #3705
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Nah, he's always had basically every equipment type ever in the GoB. Off the top of my head he had a giant load of charms and stuff that rendered him immune to magic and such.

He got something of a buff in CCC, where he also has everything humanity ever created and an infinite supply of generic proto-NP's.
Old 2019-04-10, 05:12   Link #3706
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW does anyone notice how similar I Beg You is to Magia? Kajiura's darker pieces really have a unique signature to them
Old 2019-05-28, 20:33   Link #3707
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Anybody watched the second movie here. There is something I wanna know in regards to the adaptation

Spoiler for spoiler about Heaven's Feel visual novel:
Old 2019-06-04, 11:48   Link #3708
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Home media cover of the second film
Old 2019-08-21, 11:29   Link #3709
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well I can safely say I had expectations for this movie... And they were thoroughly exceeded. Wow.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 13:59   Link #3710
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ugh.... This movie surpassed my expectations...
Old 2019-08-21, 19:03   Link #3711
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was fantastic. I'm really glad they discarded the Realta Nua version and went with the original story. RN totally ruined Sakura's characterization.

The Saber Alter vs Berserker battle was nuts. And made me wonder once again how Saber and Shirou managed to take 7 of Berserker's lives with just a Caliburn copy in Fate. Saber Alter had to excaliblast the shit out of him several times (I didn't count) before finally taking him down.

Shirou dreaming about killing Sakura was anime original, right? I assume those were Archer's memories. I liked the scene with Sakura in wonderland, showing she really wasn't aware of what she was doing up until Gil killed her.
Old 2019-08-21, 19:06   Link #3712
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Watched the first movie today and thought it was pretty great. Excited to watch the second one!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 19:14   Link #3713
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shirou dreaming about killing Sakura was anime original, right? I assume those were Archer's memories. I liked the scene with Sakura in wonderland, showing she really wasn't aware of what she was doing up until Gil killed her.
It's AO, but it's not supposed to be Archer's memories. It's just supposed to represent the conflict of his ideals that come to a head in the bedroom scene shortly thereafter with the knife.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 22:16   Link #3714
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

And people judging Sakura for being non virgin.
Old 2019-08-21, 22:21   Link #3715
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I wonder had Berserker not been weakened by the Shadow would have been able to take down Saber Alter?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 22:21   Link #3716
XFire
150% done

Quote:
That was fantastic. I'm really glad they discarded the Realta Nua version and went with the original story. RN totally ruined Sakura's characterization.

The Saber Alter vs Berserker battle was nuts. And made me wonder once again how Saber and Shirou managed to take 7 of Berserker's lives with just a Caliburn copy in Fate. Saber Alter had to excaliblast the shit out of him several times (I didn't count) before finally taking him down.

Those weren't actually Excaliblasts. That was Vortigern, an energy sheath thing Alter can also fire as a projectile. She didn't use Excalibur's real beam function until the final blow, which is why the last shot was so much stronger.
Old 2019-08-22, 11:20   Link #3717
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's AO, but it's not supposed to be Archer's memories. It's just supposed to represent the conflict of his ideals that come to a head in the bedroom scene shortly thereafter with the knife.
But he first has that dream at the beginning of the movie, when he obviously has no clue whatsoever that Sakura is the shadow. Not to mention the white hair, why would he dream of himself with white hair?

XFire: thanks, I didn't remember that at all.
Old 2019-08-22, 11:37   Link #3718
XFire
150% done

Quote:
But he first has that dream at the beginning of the movie, when he obviously has no clue whatsoever that Sakura is the shadow. Not to mention the white hair, why would he dream of himself with white hair?

XFire: thanks, I didn't remember that at all.
I don't blame you, I had to go look it up to make sure Vortigern could actually do that

I feel like Nasu is trying to fix Saber's rep for being weak with these battle alterations. I know lore wise she's as strong physically as Herc when she isn't gimped, but that never really translated to "Alter can punch his head off" in my head.
Old 2019-08-22, 19:42   Link #3719
GDB

Quote:
Unless he has it multiple times, he has it some time after he has sex with Sakura the first time. Between said sex and dream, he saw her shadow do that static thing and tried to not notice.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-22, 19:56   Link #3720
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The fight between Saber and Heracles was both awesome...and kind of just ok at the same time. Two monsters kind of just crashing into each other. The UBW fight in the graveyard was more interesting since there was some weight to it all and Saber had a personality. It should have been more fun since I had no issue with a similar kind of mindless showdown in something like Fate/Kaleid. Maybe it was a lack of characters reflecting on what was going on. Without it you just have monsters clashing for 10 minutes. As a visual treat it held up great. A big showdown between two powerhouses. Although maybe saying it was a showdown is exaggerating a bit since it never felt like Heracles had a chance.

Also it's kind of weird how the cast focuses so much on Zouken and the shadow...when Saber Alter just stomped Heracles. They have no way of dealing with that! I suppose in that sense focusing on what you can't deal with is a waste, but so is trying to do anything when you have no means of dealing with that threat.

The movie overall is good. You get some solid drama with Shirou having to face a real dilemma. Does he just not do anything and let Sakura continue to slaughter. Or does he stop her even if it means killing her? Of course in some ways the window closed. But no doubt he'll find some way to reach an ending he can live with in the next one.

Gilgamesh got off too easy. Not much to say about him in this movie than that. Shinji...he's just so ridiculous in this arc that I can't even seriously hate him. I suppose he's like this most times. But this time he hangs around so long and being so stupid it's hard to do more than groan when he's on screen. At least he is gone from here on out.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable