AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-12-03, 19:08   Link #3121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
The ridiculousness of the whole chapter lessened the hit, but the backstory of the owner is actually really fucking sad when you think about it.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 19:11   Link #3122
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Yeah, that was surprisingly dark for a Ramen chapter.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 06:38   Link #3123
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 28
Akasaka Aka is the mad man
I won't be surprised if his next manga is about ramen eater shounen story
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 06:15   Link #3124
Indalecio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Spoiler for Ch. 201:
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-09, 19:53   Link #3125
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I totally forgot Mikado was supposed to be threatening after the India chapter with Maki

It looks like the final Untouchable Beauty of Shuichin, Shiranui, finally made an appearance. We also have some faces and names for the teachers now.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 02:21   Link #3126
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: rich mansion with maids
Look like we have found a good match for Fujiwara .
Shindou the man of meme
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 07:53   Link #3127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I totally forgot Mikado was supposed to be threatening after the India chapter with Maki

It looks like the final Untouchable Beauty of Shuichin, Shiranui, finally made an appearance. We also have some faces and names for the teachers now.
Maybe Mikado shouldn't have been introduced during that Maki chapter. I can't take him seriously after this

Oh, and that girl is the final beauty? Heh, she doesn't look that pretty.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 08:12   Link #3128
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Mikado should be threatening? It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know or cares about Miyuki and everything about their "rivalry" is one-sided from Miyuki. Like Kaguya's envy and curses towards Fujiwara, but this time it's the male version.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 08:54   Link #3129
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Mikado shouldn't have been introduced during that Maki chapter. I can't take him seriously after this

Oh, and that girl is the final beauty? Heh, she doesn't look that pretty.
Yeah, she looks pretty generic. Hayasaka's friends look even better.

and while Mikado looks pretty chad in this chapter, we all know that he will be a pushover in front of Maki, so it is pretty hard to take him seriously for now.

Also, I love the running joke that everyone knows Shindou except for Kaguya and Miyuki.

Maybe the writer is making fun of the typical "popular guy" trope that has zero presence and we literally heard anything about him in the entire manga but somehow very popular among others.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 10:13   Link #3130
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Mikado should be threatening? It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know or cares about Miyuki and everything about their "rivalry" is one-sided from Miyuki. Like Kaguya's envy and curses towards Fujiwara, but this time it's the male version.
Reminder that Miyuki felt that he had to be #1 in his class to talk to Kaguya, one-sided or not.

Considering Maki was #3 in their class (now #2), more than likely Mikado was #1. He probably just left to live abroad (because remember, the Shijos are based abroad after the Shinomiyas ousted them)
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 11:49   Link #3131
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Oww that any sort of rivalry between President and Mikado would be basically pointless, I wonder if Aka is going to turn him into a President x Kaguya shipper instead.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 11:56   Link #3132
SirCopert
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
In my opinion Shiranui is pretty.
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 12:30   Link #3133
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 28
I believe in Aka on not following the common rivalry troupe
please don't turn this manga into generic romcom

it is little bit painful to see that Ishigami-Miko's relationship is still stuck

while principal is a good Prez-Kaguya shipper
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 12:38   Link #3134
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I wonder what is the headmaster is planning to do here. How does having all the "elite" students in one class will help Kaguya? Why does he sound like he was aware of Kaguya's big-brother problem and trying to help her?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 13:10   Link #3135
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Reminder that Miyuki felt that he had to be #1 in his class to talk to Kaguya, one-sided or not.

Considering Maki was #3 in their class (now #2), more than likely Mikado was #1. He probably just left to live abroad (because remember, the Shijos are based abroad after the Shinomiyas ousted them)
Mikado went to a local public school instead of Shuchi'in so he could play football with a friend of his. He only pushed himself to get 1st in the nation because his parents were worried about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I wonder what is the headmaster is planning to do here. How does having all the "elite" students in one class will help Kaguya? Why does he sound like he was aware of Kaguya's big-brother problem and trying to help her?
This basically goes into spoilers from the light novel.

Spoiler for light novel:
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 13:42   Link #3136
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Reminder that Miyuki felt that he had to be #1 in his class to talk to Kaguya, one-sided or not.

Considering Maki was #3 in their class (now #2), more than likely Mikado was #1. He probably just left to live abroad (because remember, the Shijos are based abroad after the Shinomiyas ousted them)
How is it relevant to what I have said? We knew Mikado was higher ranked than Miyuki, we knew Miyuki wanted to beat him, but since he got Kaguya and they did talk over his complexes, all I'm implying is that Aka baits with Mikado's ominous introduction and if there is or will be any beef between him and Miyuki, it's entirely Miyuki's imagination.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 16:50   Link #3137
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
*Finally buries his hopes to see the cruiser dinner of Kaguya and Fujiwara*

Ah, the rumored Mikado we all already know about and about who only Shirogane seems to waste calories thinking about. And the gang is all together in one class now, yay.
__________________
James Rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 19:39   Link #3138
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
How is it relevant to what I have said? We knew Mikado was higher ranked than Miyuki, we knew Miyuki wanted to beat him, but since he got Kaguya and they did talk over his complexes, all I'm implying is that Aka baits with Mikado's ominous introduction and if there is or will be any beef between him and Miyuki, it's entirely Miyuki's imagination.
I'm saying that it's not like Miyuki's complexes went away. I never disagreed that any rivalry they have will be one-sided, but Miyuki's inferiority complexes are far more real and serious for him than Kaguya's jealously towards Fujiwara ever was.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2020-12-10 at 22:05.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 19:50   Link #3139
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Shiranui feels like someone who will take seat of best girl after Hayasaka.



Hopefully Shindou live up to his reputation as we can't rely to Fujiwara anymore for comedy at this point.

__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 08:30   Link #3140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Fujiwara x Shindou is the new OTP.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, romcom, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.