AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-09-28, 03:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 841 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time has arrived! Credit goes to AP's YonkouProductions and Sandman for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "To the East Sea". No splash info yet.

-Continuing from the previous chapter's flashback, six months have passed since young Sanji's imprisonment. The iron mask he wears is removed only when he's fed meals. While eating, he has memories of his ill mother, whom he made lunchboxes for, despite his inexperience. Appearance-wise, his mother was a woman who resembled Reiju, but without the swirly eyebrows. Before she ate Sanji's meals, an elderly maid would taste them for her (I guess to check for poison), but apparently said meals simply tasted bad. However, Mama Vinsmoke has no issue with her son's food, eating it with a smile. That smiling face of hers is what inspired young Sanji to further study the culinary arts....

-Back to the dungeon, Sanji is reading a book about All Blue that he received from a guard when his three brothers show up to bully him once more. Afterwards, Reiju is nursing him again, and says that the brothers do not possess such basic human emotions such as sadness or pity. Sanji tells her he intends to become a cook, and no longer wishes to see his father's face again, should he gain the chance to escape. Hearing these words, Reiju finally decides to break her younger brother free from the prison.

-As he makes his escape, Sanji runs into Judge! But..... surprisingly, his father does not stop him from fleeing. He merely tells him not to tell anyone of their connection as father and son, as the king does not wish to be associated with a failure. Hearing this, Sanji , as well as Reiju, who's hidden nearby, are filled with tears. Eventually, she leads Sanji to another ship to escape to. At this time, the Germa army was at war in East Blue, which explains how Sanji ended up there (apparently, their snail-shaped ship crawled over the Red Line to reach that part of the ocean). As Sanji leaves his old life behind, Reiju tells him not to return, as surely he'll come across some kind people within the vast sea. The flashback ends here....

-Back to the present, we return to the Seducing Woods. Eleven hours have passed since Luffy started his fight with Cracker. So how fares our rubber pirate friend against this foe? As it turns out, he became extremely fat as a result of EATING ALL OF CRACKER'S BISCUIT SOLDIERS....!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 13:29   Link #2
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Back to the present, we return to the Seducing Woods. Eleven hours have passed since Luffy started his fight with Cracker. So how fares our rubber pirate friend against this foe? As it turns out, he became extremely fat as a result of EATING ALL OF CRACKER'S BISCUIT SOLDIERS....!!!!
Well, it was obvious that trying to fight with food against Luffy would turn out this way.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 14:59   Link #3
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Time to wait for Big Mom to open the Tamago Box before the Straw Hat's escape.

Aw so Reiju isn't that bad after all.
Old 2016-09-28, 15:59   Link #4
Rainbowman

So basically Sanji's mother was in the same situation as Usopp's mother only one of the deaths is more darker than the other. Quite hilarious to see Luffy's victory over Charlotte Cracker.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 16:12   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the battle between Luffy and Big Mama will be a Eating Contest.
Old 2016-09-28, 19:56   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Time to wait for Big Mom to open the Tamago Box before the Straw Hat's escape.
Ah yes, the tamatebako treasure from mermaid island.... yes, I imagine that gift would end Big Mama's tea party with a proper "bang", if you know what I mean.

That does make me curious, though.... recall that the tamatebako was also the source of the Energy Steroids that Hody Jones and his crew abused. So I sort of wonder if, once the smoke clears, someone (be it either Caesar, Judge or whomever else) discovers the secret of the treasure, and decides to utilize it in their experiments. 'Cuz if you ask me, a drug that grants strength in exchange for one's age may very well have a connection to the Lineage Factor.....

Oh, and also.... if Luffy wasn't a type-2 diabetic before, he probably will be now if he literally spent all those hours eating Cracker's cookie army, lol.
Old 2016-09-28, 20:04   Link #7
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Not sure if I want Caesar to escape or not.
Old 2016-09-28, 21:19   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Caesar's heart is on captive so he can't escape without it.
I guess that's why Sanji establish his code for not kicking any woman because of his mother.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 11:16   Link #9
Ultragunner

Judge is seemingly even more of a pathetic @sshole than even Doffy, so the "Father" renounced his own son and told him to never mention their connection because it might ruin the Vinsmoke's "reputation", only now to the take him back for marriage?

I know I know, bringing back Sanji is because he is still just a disposable thing to Judge, but the dude can't even keep his own word.......so pathetic that I can't even......I can't help but laugh lol hahahaha

oh and props to Luffy for keeping up with Cracker like that, ahhh how I miss the day when Luffy was creative (not just spam Gears and Haki) when fighting
Old 2016-09-29, 13:29   Link #10
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This chapter (at least the translation) pretty much implies that Sanji let himself be defeated, which was already highly suspected. Reiju comments on his face, saying that it is unworthy of marriage. She asks Sanji if it was really worth it, just for Zeff's sake. First I thought if she meant to ask if Zeff was really worth starting a fight over, but the fight actually started because of what happened to Cosette, not because of Zeff. If anything, he'd be the reason Sanji restrained himself, which resulted in his fight getting beat up.

That makes me wonder. Judging from what Reiju has seen about her brother so far, she must know, or at least suspect, that he could have fought Niji on almost equal terms or perhaps even beat him.
Old 2016-09-29, 13:58   Link #11
Ramero

I hope Sanji can be a demon for sure this time... We already seen he is narrowly transformed into a "Demon" because of Absalom captured Nami and want to marry her.

Speaking of Sanji's mother, i wonder if she's still survive after ten years?
Old 2016-09-29, 14:22   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Somehow...I really should have expected Luffy's battle to turn into an eating contest . It probably is a smarter move to try and eat his way past this guy than use up all his energy punching those things into oblivion.

I'm going to enjoy Sanji beating the stuffing out of some of these guys. Obviously Luffy is going to get some fights in here, but I'd enjoy Sanji beating up any of those brothers and his father.

Also maybe a bit too obvious a comparison to Robin getting told the whole "the world's big, you'll find special people out there." Different wording, but basically the same message.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:26   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I hope Sanji can be a demon for sure this time... We already seen he is narrowly transformed into a "Demon" because of Absalom captured Nami and want to marry her.

Speaking of Sanji's mother, i wonder if she's still survive after ten years?
read the chapter again, she is dead.
Old 2016-09-29, 15:36   Link #14
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So only Reiji is the successful copy, with both strength and humanity installed

Oh, I can't wait till the day Sanji wipe the floor with his 3 brothers. At once. In the same time.
Old 2016-09-29, 16:42   Link #15
itachi-san314

I'm not really clear on why Judge had to bring Sanji back at all. Why not marry one of his preferred sons off to the Charlotte family? It's not like Pudding is gross or a bitch and they're making a further joke out of Sanji. That would make more sense.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 17:43   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm not really clear on why Judge had to bring Sanji back at all. Why not marry one of his preferred sons off to the Charlotte family? It's not like Pudding is gross or a bitch and they're making a further joke out of Sanji. That would make more sense.

Judge himself already explained why he didn't marry his other sons off back in chapter 833: He considers them too precious to leave in Big Mom's custody. That's why it was highly convenient for him when he found out that Sanji was still alive; he's more or less an expendable tool to give away while Judge's preferred children all keep their freedom, so to speak. In short, just chalk it all up to Judge being a biased asshole, heh.

Also, no comment on the splash page? Goats eating WB's 'stache is rather.... random, I must say. But that also reminds me of that one SBS where Oda says that WB used his mustache as a dog toy, lol.
Old 2016-09-29, 17:48   Link #17
coded321
He Who Games

It''s because of the fickle, psychopathic nature of big mom, someone who could even kill her family members without remorse during her rampages. Basically, being married into B.M''s family is equivalent to being sacrificed. Not to mention, since the vinsmokes have no intention of being in B.M''s alliance permanently, the person married to pudding would definitely receive the wrath of big mom once the vinsmokes leave her. Judge doesn't what to sacrifice his valuable children, so why not use the black sheep of their family, whose loss would not affect them at all?

Last edited by coded321; 2016-09-29 at 20:57.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 20:42   Link #18
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
read the chapter again, she is dead.
But that doesn't mean she can't be cloned right? If that really happens then Sanji can be full of rage to defeat Judge because he made such a drastic measure by cloning Sanji's mother.
Old 2016-09-30, 10:59   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
Judge himself already explained why he didn't marry his other sons off back in chapter 833: He considers them too precious to leave in Big Mom's custody. That's why it was highly convenient for him when he found out that Sanji was still alive; he's more or less an expendable tool to give away while Judge's preferred children all keep their freedom, so to speak. In short, just chalk it all up to Judge being a biased asshole, heh.
I wonder if that will bite Judge in the ass. Big Mom surely must know that Sanji hasn't been around Judge and is the black sheep. It's basically an insult to BM to offer up a kid he couldn't care less about. Although, I'm sure she will later find out Sanji is an amazing cook and then she will actually prefer him. Either way, I don't see the BM and Judge alliance lasting for very long.

Quote:
Also, no comment on the splash page? Goats eating WB's 'stache is rather.... random, I must say. But that also reminds me of that one SBS where Oda says that WB used his mustache as a dog toy, lol.
I wouldn't trust anything around a goat. They eat just about anything. Maybe his stache grows really fast
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 13:22   Link #20
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:

And I was thinking he'd let Sanji go and let him escape, since he's just a useless failure to him.

Maybe because BM discovered his identity, and thus, he can't be kept secret anymore.