AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-28, 04:02   Link #621
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

He means that Trump isn't realizing that the polls are rigged and using them to show that he 'won' the debate.

He also won the CBS poll
Old 2016-09-28, 05:08   Link #622
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
He means that Trump isn't realizing that the polls are rigged and using them to show that he 'won' the debate.

He also won the CBS poll
Oh, i'm sure he knows it. It's that the majority of the public, especially older generation, is naive when it comes to internet. I'm certain that some of our parents still believe google and wikipedia, and things being said on facebook/ twitter, are good sources for fact.

And it also play into the horse race element of the election. Who won, who lost. That was all the talk, despite the question should be whether each candidates have reassured the base and bring in undecided. That is also why they keep ditching out online polls despite it should be meaningless.
Old 2016-09-28, 07:07   Link #623
Brother Coa
Banned

That is actually going to benefit him rather than harm him.

Good job whoever rig them.
Old 2016-09-28, 09:44   Link #624
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Cruz just endorsed Trump a few days ago. My heart bleeds. The last bastion of conservatism has embraced the least conservative candidate to come from the party of conservatism in the last few decades

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2016-09-28, 09:57   Link #625
GDB

If by "last bastion of conservatism" you mean "crazy religious nut who literally thinks it's his duty to bring about the end times", sure.
Old 2016-09-28, 10:13   Link #626
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

What I meant was that he's pretty much the only prominent figure in the party who did not explicitly endorse Trump until a few days ago, while every other prominent figure had already given their ringing endorsements. I referred to him as the last bastion only in terms of being the only one not to give his endorsement, and not in terms of giving approval for his views.

I don't agree with a lot of his policies (disagree particularly on flat tax and the complete removal of the minimum wage), but I would have a lot more respect for him if he held back from giving a full endorsement all the way until the end.

Old 2016-09-28, 14:00   Link #627
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
What I meant was that he's pretty much the only prominent figure in the party who did not explicitly endorse Trump until a few days ago, while every other prominent figure had already given their ringing endorsements. I referred to him as the last bastion only in terms of being the only one not to give his endorsement, and not in terms of giving approval for his views.

I don't agree with a lot of his policies (disagree particularly on flat tax and the complete removal of the minimum wage), but I would have a lot more respect for him if he held back from giving a full endorsement all the way until the end.
A couple analysis said the endorsement actually will benefit Cruz long-term political career than Trump. But who know if his endorsement will bring in enough ppl to turn a tile somewhere
Old 2016-09-28, 14:36   Link #628
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Dunno if you read the news since yesterday, but Drumpf really never learns when it comes to having personal feuds against people who criticize him. This time, it's against Alicia Machado (Miss Universe 1996). That feud is the last of the line after Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, Gonzalo Curiel, Khzir and Ghazala Khan.

With Pageant Winner Dispute, Trump Again Lets Personal Feud Become Campaign Issue

Considering how eating disorders are epidemic among beauty contest pageants, I can't think of anything more insensible to say to a woman in such situation in the first place. BUT the worst about the story is that Drumpf even doubled down on the subject yesterday when Fox News called him on the day after the debate. From a human perspective alone, that's utter pathetic. If it wasn't for his name, Drumpf would be that 400-lb wanker lying in his bed.

Can't wait to see more women and Latin American voters to give Drumpf the middle finger when election day comes.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-09-28 at 17:13.
Old 2016-09-28, 16:19   Link #629
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The thing is Alicia Machado is brought up by Clinton in the debates, so this is basically a trap Clinton had set. And Trump walked right into it. This just might be what Clinton will do going forward in the next few months. Instead of waiting for Trump to screw up, control what Trump screws up on.

Trump is easily manipulated.
Old 2016-09-28, 19:57   Link #630
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The thing is Alicia Machado is brought up by Clinton in the debates, so this is basically a trap Clinton had set. And Trump walked right into it. This just might be what Clinton will do going forward in the next few months. Instead of waiting for Trump to screw up, control what Trump screws up on.

Trump is easily manipulated.
If that is the Democrats strategy to win, that is a tragedy for American public to see how US election has turned into , isn't it?

In fact, Lee Fang of the Intercept (one of the few true journalist left btw), posted about how the MSM include Guardian, Vox, Cosmo already have sent journalists to interview and film video of Machado ("drapped in flag" as quoted, probably to make her more "American") before the debate, waiting to publish their article. Hillary campaign colludes with MSM for this manufactured scandal? No one is even suprised anymore, as the DNC email leaks already proved it to be true

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2016-09-28 at 20:09.
Old 2016-09-28, 20:10   Link #631
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I find it hilarious that you think those of us foreigners would think the Democrats are the ones turning the US elections into a joke.

Guess you really have no self awareness.
Old 2016-09-28, 21:07   Link #632
MCAL

So Trump falls for a trap so transparent a five year old could see it coming and its Clinton that's the joke?

No self awareness indeed.
Old 2016-09-28, 21:24   Link #633
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I find it hilarious that you think those of us foreigners would think the Democrats are the ones turning the US elections into a joke.

Guess you really have no self awareness.
Come again? Don't get what you meant
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
So Trump falls for a trap so transparent a five year old could see it coming and its Clinton that's the joke?

No self awareness indeed.
It's simply a tragedy for American public, that the Democrats were colluding with media, dispatching journalists to interview and wrap an ex-Miss Universe in flag, trying to play gotcha on Trump.

The Republican meanwhile does not have time for those nonsense, as they were too busy with more important things. Like compiling a secret minority voters purge list of up to 7 millions names, while passing state law and regulation to (as one put it) "surgical remove" and suppress minority voters. The majority of them were in battleground state

And what the Democrats and MSM answered for that? "We gonna set up a gotcha trap on Trump and his comment on an ex-Ms Universe. That will drive his poll down!! Hi Hi...".

So.... a joke? Oh, no it's not a joke. It's a tragedy for Democrats to run this lifeless and soulless campaign, disregarding grassroot movement, as they try to gain ground based on fear, manufactured scandals and courting Republican through promoting status-quo. It will ONLY BECOMES A JOKE when after sacrificing all state elections, and focusing on demonsiing Trump and pushing Hillary down on everyone throat, she still end up losing to Trump

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2016-09-28 at 22:27.
Old 2016-09-29, 01:12   Link #634
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

http://aplus.com/a/grain-of-saul-sup...illary-clinton

A pretty good read for those like me who were more partial to Bernie at times but have really come to support Clinton more enthusiastically over time as I dug deeper.
Old 2016-09-29, 01:34   Link #635
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
This just might be what Clinton will do going forward in the next few months.
Elections are in little over a month ( 39 days to be exact ), if her strategy is plan of few months than she already lost.
Old 2016-09-29, 02:15   Link #636
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
http://aplus.com/a/grain-of-saul-sup...illary-clinton

A pretty good read for those like me who were more partial to Bernie at times but have really come to support Clinton more enthusiastically over time as I dug deeper.
Heh, every talking point was just trying to force Hillary strength into people throat without asking the crucial questions that every progressive out there reading it will ask:
  • 9/11 responders: if she was so passionate about the 9/11 responders, where was her when Jon Steward comes to the Congress begging the renewing Zadroga Act then? No political points to score?
  • 1994 universial health care bill. Yeah we all knows about it. Tended to call it as "the Hillary before being corrupted by insurance company lobby money and declare universal healthcare will never happen in America". I guess the "Bernie bro" above hit his head after primary and gone amnesia about the 2nd part
  • Lybia? No progressive care about Republican Benghazi drilling. What we cared about is is why there are 4 deaths American, hundred thousands of brown one, and ISIS training camps in Lybia right now? In fact why Chris Stevens was there if not to funnel the weapons in Lybia to "Syrian radical rebel" aka ISIS group? Dd she even learn the Iraq lesson?
  • etc

If you try to go with the "I know you care about these issues", then at least get the damn issues right first.
Old 2016-09-29, 04:22   Link #637
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Next up is Pence vs Kaine. Probably a snooze-fest compared to the presidential debates.

Old 2016-09-29, 18:51   Link #638
MCAL

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/14/d...da-504059.html
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mana...200#.d0nrsgar3

Well this certainly won't help him in Florida...
Old 2016-09-29, 20:59   Link #639
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Heh, every talking point was just trying to force Hillary strength into people throat without asking the crucial questions that every progressive out there reading it will ask:
  • 9/11 responders: if she was so passionate about the 9/11 responders, where was her when Jon Steward comes to the Congress begging the renewing Zadroga Act then? No political points to score?
  • 1994 universial health care bill. Yeah we all knows about it. Tended to call it as "the Hillary before being corrupted by insurance company lobby money and declare universal healthcare will never happen in America". I guess the "Bernie bro" above hit his head after primary and gone amnesia about the 2nd part
  • Lybia? No progressive care about Republican Benghazi drilling. What we cared about is is why there are 4 deaths American, hundred thousands of brown one, and ISIS training camps in Lybia right now? In fact why Chris Stevens was there if not to funnel the weapons in Lybia to "Syrian radical rebel" aka ISIS group? Dd she even learn the Iraq lesson?
  • etc

If you try to go with the "I know you care about these issues", then at least get the damn issues right first.
Forcing down your throat? Jesus dude, he's merely expressing how and why he came around to supporting Clinton more enthusiastically after admitting he was basically a Bernie bro who hated her. There were many good details provided concerning her record (You know the stuff she ACTUALLY does, not what she says or others say about her). He never absolved her of some the more glaring mistakes. You also can't seem to read as the article said:

"Perhaps Clinton's greatest blemish on her record is the destabilizing of Libya, which led to the Benghazi diplomatic compound attack. Certainly, it was one of the career bullet points that made me despise her. "

As for your health care point, then Obama is a sell-out too. And guess what? He's not hated with the same vitriol on the Bernie wing of the DNC (Except for the more extreme Stein supporters). I think you have to acknowledge the sheer amount of character assassination she has had to endure in politics for the last 25 years. No one in public service in the US in recent times comes even close to the level of scrutiny she had to endure. The right wing sure has done a fantastic job that's for sure.
Old 2016-09-29, 21:00   Link #640
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
My opinion of it: