AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-10-06, 13:16   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Well there has to be some reason oda refuses to show his face despite the fact that he is supposed to be dead. It must mean his face is recognizable.
Or it could simply be because Oda's not ready to reveal Oden's face yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Garp also grinning before Marineford War during when Rayleigh was at slave auction. Let's just say he got a foresight or intuition that his prediction will come true. It's very rare to have a CO (Commanding Officer) have a great foresight like that. I personally want Garp to become a Fleet Admiral and Tsuru remains as Number Two at Marines since both have a great strategic mind than current FA (Which in this case Akainu or Sakazuki).
Garp's era is over and it's time for the torch to be passed down to the future generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
On the other topic you were discussing, about Luffy being someone else famous(his mother being Im or Rox being his gf) child, I am actually really agains it. I am sick of such connections because it looks like whatever Luffy has acomplished is because of his blood and not of his beliefs, motivation and hard work.
Agreed. Luffy is his own man whose success is attributed to his core values and willpower. Biological relations and lineage be damned. It's about creating a legacy and impact irrespective of where you come from or what your roots are.
Old 2019-10-06, 23:27   Link #22
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Or it could simply be because Oda's not ready to reveal Oden's face yet.

Garp's era is over and it's time for the torch to be passed down to the future generation.

Agreed. Luffy is his own man whose success is attributed to his core values and willpower. Biological relations and lineage be damned. It's about creating a legacy and impact irrespective of where you come from or what your roots are.
But the younger generations need to know the information about them. Just like how Sengoku need to pass down the tale to the younger generations. Garp also need to pass down his wisdom to younger generations include necessary information.

Just like SC II where Valerian Mengsk choose to side with Jim Raynor to defeat his own father to create his own legacy.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 11:47   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Garp doesn't need to be Fleet Admiral to impart his wisdom to the youngsters.
Old 2019-10-07, 16:08   Link #24
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, glad someone else is feeling the same way.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 09:58   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

just a random question stemming from the previous chapters... just because someone is called "PIRATE KING" doesn't mean they're the strongest fighter in the world right? or does it?

for some reason I don't think Luffy will be the strongest even when he becomes PK...
Old 2019-10-08, 10:18   Link #26
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
just a random question stemming from the previous chapters... just because someone is called "PIRATE KING" doesn't mean they're the strongest fighter in the world right? or does it?

for some reason I don't think Luffy will be the strongest even when he becomes PK...
Well, not necessarily. For that titles like world's strongest man/swordsman/creature are better indicators imo.

But Roger was implied to be Whitebeard's equal, and Whitebeard was known as world's strongest man.
Though we don't know if they fought when both were at their peak so it's possible Roger was weaker or stronger.
We probably wouldn't know with 100% certainty unless Oda gives us something more conclusive.

As for Luffy, looking at his growth rate and future opponents/obstacles, him being the strongest man in the world seems inevitable tbh. True, Oda could make him the PK even without being the future WSM but just doesn't seem likely to me.

Last edited by Hakai; 2019-10-08 at 10:28.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 10:37   Link #27
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
Well, not necessarily. For that titles like world's strongest man/swordsman/creature are better indicators imo.

But Roger was implied to be Whitebeard's equal, and Whitebeard was known as world's strongest man.
Though we don't know if they fought when both were at their peak so it's possible Roger was weaker or stronger.
We probably wouldn't know with 100% certainty unless Oda gives us something more conclusive.

As for Luffy, looking at his growth rate and future opponents/obstacles, him being the strongest man in the world seems inevitable tbh. True, Oda could make him the PK even without being the future WSM but just doesn't seem likely to me.
so you think luffy will eventually be stronger than all the yonko and the marine admirals?
I think Luffy will find the one piece and get the title of PK but he will have people on the same level as him in terms of strength
Old 2019-10-08, 10:49   Link #28
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so you think luffy will eventually be stronger than all the yonko and the marine admirals?
I think Luffy will find the one piece and get the title of PK but he will have people on the same level as him in terms of strength
He could be the strongest and still have a few people pretty close to him, who can give him a hell of a fight. But I honestly don't see him being weaker than any other pirate or marine admiral.

Kaido for example has enough hype to be strongest alive, but Big Mom can apparently clash evenly with him so it might take the highest amount of effort for him to defeat her.

Or Luffy might end up being well above the current yonko/admirals. Really depends on what Oda wants to do.
Blackbeard with multiple fruits or Im-sama(if he's a fighter) could be much stronger than current yonkos and Luffy might need to defeat them.
Old 2019-10-08, 11:31   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Being the pirate king means having the most freedom on the seas. In order to have the most freedom, you need to be the strongest. Being the strongest is a prerequisite to becoming the pirate king.
Old 2019-10-11, 07:15   Link #30
Theia_Loki

I just realized something that I want to clarify first. Who was it that said that their opposition has 40,000? The chapter before act 2 ended said that it was 30,000 with 20,000 in Kaidou's ranks and 10,000 in Orochi's.

It looks like it was Kinemon, but that would just make it sting even harder, the betrayal. Part of the wants to think the traitor was Ashura, but him showing the graves didn't look like a calculated ploy and losing a lot of the men that had your trust and loyalty can sting pretty damn deep.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 21:08   Link #31
devilo96

So no new chp this week?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 21:10   Link #32
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
So no new chp this week?
Give it until tomorrow or Friday. The new chapter usually comes out around Thursdays and gets translated to English by Friday.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 21:58   Link #33
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Information about new chapter normally comes today and if Shueisha decide to make an early release (Today = Thursday) or maybe normal (Friday) the information should be released today.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 06:44   Link #34
devilo96

Spoiler already out
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote