AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-20, 18:44   Link #221
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
So he strived for dark and realistic and end up contrived?
What is realistic in a fantasy world anyway?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 21:10   Link #222
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I don't know why I was expecting horror setting after seeing all the dolls in the beginning.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 15:37   Link #223
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Short haired Elaina reminds me on a certain other too small and thin for her age character... Who happens to be a mage .
I also expected a horror story when I saw the dolls btw...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 20:39   Link #224
HandofFate

the case was solved so easily, no idea why it hasn't been uncovered for so long.
Old 2020-11-22, 03:27   Link #225
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
the case was solved so easily, no idea why it hasn't been uncovered for so long.
Judging from that auction scene, it looks like a good number of the towns people were at least complicit with what was going on.

Anyway, as someone who collections ball jointed dolls I found this episode very amusing. Especially the beginning of the auction scene. I was like. "Ah, someone's clearly been to a Volks Dolpa." Lol
Old 2020-11-22, 19:12   Link #226
Magewolf

Elaina once again shows how much of a self-centered as a top, horrible excuse for a human being she is. Women getting killed could not even make her pretend to give a damn but a cute haircut calls for death.

On the other hand in this case my solution would have been to take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-22, 19:32   Link #227
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
On the other hand in this case my solution would have been to take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Our main character isn't a magic-user with long hair, flat chest & a foul personality, is she?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDSWfGXFnCw
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 05:32   Link #228
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode was pretty amusing. Elaina went ballistic just because her hair was cut and stolen (it was actually a nice haircut, too, not like she ended up bald).
Well, that's because like it was mentioned in the Episode itself, "hair is a woman's life".
Even if the hair-style looks good, but Elaina didn't willingly cut it.
It would have been different if she willing did it, but as she didn't she went ballistic.

Why don't you try and secretly give a girl a nice hair-cut (while she is sleeping), and she how she reacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Elaina once again shows how much of a self-centered as a top, horrible excuse for a human being she is. Women getting killed could not even make her pretend to give a damn but a cute haircut calls for death.
How would she pretend to give a damn about it?
I mean, if you go to a new city and hear people being killed, would you try to catch the culprit?
Normally, a "Common Person" would be fearful if they hear something like that. But if the a person is somewhat strong and protect him/her-self, then when they hear it, they wouldn't really react much, especially when she hears the news from a investigating officer.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 08:56   Link #229
grecefar

I think most viewers want an heroine who take action in each town and not just a observer. This feels like the raiders of the lost ark joke, not matter if elaine is there or not, the story will end the same way.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 10:19   Link #230
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I think most viewers want an heroine who take action in each town and not just a observer.
But they wont admit it. I blame it on the toxic times we live in. It would make sense if Elaina had said "I am on a mission from God" or some other slogan saying she is on some kind of crusade to change the world, but she clearly has not.

That people think she is horrible for her lack of reaction to the apparent news of murder, we all make the same face over breakfast when we read/hear on the news that people we do not know in a country that is not ours die in a natural disaster, war or terrorist attack because we are just observers.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 11:01   Link #231
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Really? You don't feel anything when you hear news like that? I honestly find that hard to believe, but okay. And rather than us seeing murder news I think Elaina is more like us observing ants killing each other. Consciously or not, she thinks she (and her kind, that is witches) is above whatever happens in the world, which is why she overreacts when something did happen to her even if trivial.
Old 2020-11-23, 13:45   Link #232
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
But they wont admit it. I blame it on the toxic times we live in. It would make sense if Elaina had said "I am on a mission from God" or some other slogan saying she is on some kind of crusade to change the world, but she clearly has not.

That people think she is horrible for her lack of reaction to the apparent news of murder, we all make the same face over breakfast when we read/hear on the news that people we do not know in a country that is not ours die in a natural disaster, war or terrorist attack because we are just observers.
There is a difference between being on a crusade and showing at least a shred of empathy for your fellow man. But as I have said before she has never show a bit of care about anything that does not involve magic users or herself personally.

As Spider-man says"With great power comes great responsibility" but Elaina(who by all signs is powerful even for a witch) has never shown a speck of responsibility which makes it hard to like her. That would not be as much of a problem if she had a personalty. Instead she just has three personality traits : being conceited, liking to travel and seeing everything that goes on around her as someones else's problem.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 15:56   Link #233
Blueknight78

at this point i feel is pointless try to reason with some peoples, they just have that complex of heroes" or justice and feel which everyone must "fight and save the day" otherwise you are a monster and a "ist".

And a lot of missundertood here specially about the witchs or spell caster, many peoples are seeying the spellcasters here as some sort of "elite peoples" which must save the day, which is totally wrong

magicians here are not "elite" or they not have any obligation to "save the world" as it was showed magicians here are not that "much different from normal peoples in rights and obligations, you can have 'magicians living in poverty as the same as "common peoples" and to be a "magician is not something like "x-man or mutants or metahumans, everyone in this world is born with some "magic" it's only not "everyone can use it, but the "ratio" of magicians and non magicians" is almost like 50/50, it's "not special" as some peoples are believing, you can have your mothter and father being a magician and still born without power to become a magician or have parents with no powers and still become a magician, it's not that "big deal",

and in the same way you have non magicians as big nobles with big influence you can have magicians being poor with 0 influence, or the opposite you can have poor commoners and have magicians being nobles, its basically a "normal world".

a most accurace would be see magicians as some sort of "talented person" in comparation with the non magicians when comes to social status, being a magician don't awyas means a "happy rich full life, this is why magicians in this world are seeying as the same as you see non magicians they don't have any speciall status beyond whatever they had before unless they "work fo it".

i see a lot of "murders on TV and while i feel bad for those stuffs this don't means which i feel like having to go to the streets to "save the day" not everyeone is a "heroe or whatever you want to see you some peoples just want to live they "normal lifes", without any trouble, call it cowardice , "being a ist" or whatever you want to call but this is how "free will" and having your own mind set work, not everyone is a "drone" for the hivemind.

some peoples are brave, others are cowards others are neutral others just don't care and this is how life is.

elaina is just a "watcher" never a pro active" she only help when she is asked and feel she must help and it's not problematic for her otherwise she will just pass by and ignore whatever is happen whenever she can.

Another important detail, no one was really killed the "killing" was just a metaphor for jusing your hair, none woman was really killed here, they just lost they long hairs, which indeed for some peoples and womans it's almost like really having they lifes stolen, it's shocking which some womans do love they "long hairs" and would feel totally angry and down if someone cut then specially without they consent.

this when i do agree about the toxic time we live where internet "demands" everyone go "fight" and do whatever twitter and facebooks demands otherwise you are canceled because you are a "ist" because you not engaged the "fight".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-11-23 at 17:05.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 16:31   Link #234
Dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
And a lot of missundertood here specially about the witchs or spell caster, many peoples are seeying the spellcasters here as some sort of "elite peoples" which must save the day, which is totally wrong
A lot does not add up. Ah, I think I got it, "misunderstood" is modern euphemism for "bad writing"?
Old 2020-11-23, 16:55   Link #235
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
A lot does not add up. Ah, I think I got it, "misunderstood" is modern euphemism for "bad writing"?
why??? you can say me please where exactly the writer /author told anytime which the witchers are supposed to "protect/help any person"???, i never saw this, it's never was made clear which elaina have to "help peoples" when traveling is pretty the opposite we are show which magicians can live they lifes whatever they want aslong they don't break any laws like any normal person.
Old 2020-11-23, 17:33   Link #236
Dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
magicians can live they lifes whatever they want aslong they don't break any laws like any normal person.
Right here. Because, you know, they are not normal.
Old 2020-11-23, 17:39   Link #237
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
Right here. Because, you know, they are not normal.
why???, just because they have magic???, they still biologically humans, they need to eat, sleep, pee and any "human thing", they are "not alliens or anything, they just humans which are able to use magic and not all of then are powerhouse, many of then are just "street magician levels".

and what exactly is your "normal"???

the idea is which they don't receive any "special" threatment just because they are "magicians", they still humans in the base and are to work under the same rules as non magic peoples, if they break any laws you will have then being arrested if possible by others magicians aswell, being magician in tis world don't give you any special status in this world society.

no i you want then to get then it's another history but it's not "bad writing, remember each write have they own "rules" about he world building then if for the writer a magician receive the same threatment as non magicians it's not bad writing it's his own rules, bad writing is if him bkeep breaking his own rules specially without a proper reason or the famous just for the lulz.
Old 2020-11-23, 18:03   Link #238
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

By now I think it's a social commentary by the author. Being so indifferent is wrong as a human being, but modern world has normalized this kind of behavior and he's reminding us of this through her. The readers reacting in less favorable light to Elaine might be exactly what the author wants in the hope that they reconnect with their human roots.
Old 2020-11-23, 18:06   Link #239
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Blaming the times doesn't make the writing less tone deaf. Elaina conceit isn't exactly something that inspires universal appeal in someone who is supposed to be seen as an "observer". On top of that she's got power and status that she can't be fucked to utilize on many occasions. If you like her that's your prerogative but its not surprising people see her as callous.

Its kind of weirder to me to see so many people see her as likable. But then I have a thing for yandere so if callous is your thing then I guess do you. It takes all kinds of waifu I guess.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 18:32   Link #240
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
By now I think it's a social commentary by the author. Being so indifferent is wrong as a human being, but modern world has normalized this kind of behavior and he's reminding us of this through her. The readers reacting in less favorable light to Elaine might be exactly what the author wants in the hope that they reconnect with their human roots.
not really, if you read few pages back you find a interview with the author and his throught about elaina personality and it's just he see as a one of the peoples which are not into "save the world" and it's not like he "hate it, it's just make more easy for him to write any type of arc he want, because her role will be based only on how the author is feeling on that moment, if him want to tel a sad tale with "bad" or sad ending then he will do because she don't need to "save the day".

Tags
fantasy