AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-08, 10:52   Link #1
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Looking for Visual Novel recomendations with official or unoficial english text

Like the title says i'm looking for recommendations for visual novels, but they got to have english text, it doesn't matter if its official or unofficial as long as its all translated, what i tried until now and absolutely loved was: Katawa Shoujo (Lily's path was my favorite), D.C. (Kotori was definitely my favorite path, liked Moe one to) D.C. II (Shirakawa is currently my favorite path but i enjoyed the others to).
Old 2012-04-08, 11:29   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It depends what you are really looking for in term of story/genre.
You have things going from the mystery/gore to the fluffy/tragic kind of story. So it would easier if you describe what kind of story you are looking for.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:45   Link #3
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i'm interested in romance and i didn't played many actually i'm just starting, but what i really liked till now was Katawa Shoujo (Lily's Route was my favorite) and Da capo (Kotori's route and Moe's one where nice, i really liked Kotori's one) and Da capo II i enjoyed it all ( i still have two left but Shirakawa's route is my fav till now).
Old 2012-04-08, 11:51   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not fully centric on romance, Sharin no Kuni - Himawari no shoujo might match your need.
There are also "Ef - a fairy tale of the two" and "canvas 2".
Old 2012-04-08, 12:25   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not fully centric on romance, Sharin no Kuni - Himawari no shoujo might match your need.
Second Sharin and Ef.
Old 2012-04-08, 14:11   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Chaos;Head : Although the anime version looks terrible for no apparent reason, the VN looks better. It has some action, some romance, lot of mystery, a bit of horror but no H-scenes. It's fully translated by TL-Wiki. Created by Nitro+ and 5pb..

G-Senjou no Maou : Same as C;H, but without horror and with H-scenes. It's one of best mystery eroges. Created by Akabei-Soft2, known for Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

Canvas 2 : Lot of romance, some comedy with bit of drama. Created by FC-501.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-08, 14:12   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The romance in Chaos;Head is borderline marginal at best. In fact, the genre and themes are nowhere close to what OP is looking for, so I can't say it is a good idea. Heck, Steins;Gate would be even less of a sketch than CH.
Old 2012-04-08, 14:16   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Well, I'll get Little Busters! : Key's latest hit with a right mix of genres.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 08:11   Link #9
Nikkan

I would also recommend Little Busters! and just a week ago the full english patch for Hoshizora no Memoria got released.
Google the titles and see if any of them catches your interest.
Old 2012-04-10, 23:41   Link #10
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Thank you all for the recommendations, i'm definitely keeping track of all of them, but seeing as Little Busters! is a key anime i hope there are good routes right ?

(Feel free to make more recommendations as well ^^)
Old 2012-04-10, 23:52   Link #11
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Clannad xd
Old 2012-04-10, 23:54   Link #12
XGeneral2000

Key Visual Arts makes some good stuff: Kanon and Clannad in particular are very well known (and they have anime adaptations as well). I also highly, highly recommend giving Ever17 a shot: it's a VN I think everyone should read.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:10   Link #13
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Hmmmm... It'd be helpful if you could provide a list of visual novels that you have already read. Do you have any preferences or things that you want to avoid? If you are okay with anything with romance, I highly recommend:

Muv-Luv - Depending on your resistance to cliche storms, you will definitely love this one. Lots of hilarious moments. Just like most romance centric vn, it takes place in a high school setting... (I'm not lying, I swear)... There are 5 routes in total and one bad end. Don't think too much when reading the first part of the novel, you'll end up enjoying it more. Trust me. I recommend you start on this soon if you plan to watch the anime this summer. <3

Saya no Uta - Dark themed visual novel. It maybe disturbing, but the story is really interesting. You might not want to eat any snacks while reading though... really... you shouldn't unless you have stomach... D:

Kara no Shoujo - This one is very dark too. The protagonist is a detective and he's out looking for a serial killer. It has a bit of romance, but not extremely heavy at it. Has H-scenes. Make sure to prepare tissues. No, its not what you think. Its for your tears. D:<

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-04-11 at 00:13. Reason: removed clannad since it's been mentioned.
Old 2012-04-12, 08:36   Link #14
raitouazura
Fallen God

Recommend Edelweiss (there's fandisc too), Flyable heart, My girlfriend is the President, and Wanko to Kurasou

Seconded Hoshizora no Memoria, Little Busters!, and G-senjou no maou

Next one will not miss
Old 2012-04-12, 10:36   Link #15
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Planetarian was my first VN and it was a profound, powerful experience for me. It's really short, and you can finish it in 4 hours or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Muv-Luv - Depending on your resistance to cliche storms, you will definitely love this one. Lots of hilarious moments. Just like most romance centric vn, it takes place in a high school setting... (I'm not lying, I swear)... There are 5 routes in total and one bad end. Don't think too much when reading the first part of the novel, you'll end up enjoying it more. Trust me. I recommend you start on this soon if you plan to watch the anime this summer. <3
Tip if you do choose to read Muv-Luv: Do not look into any online discussion about this VN, because they are full of spoilers. Heck, don't even do a Google image search. Just get the game, play it and use the walkthrough in the translation if you're lost.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:40   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'll also gives you Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa nai : a pretty good VN involving the tale of three guys and their love interests.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 10:44   Link #17
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'll also gives you Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa nai : a pretty good VN involving the tale of three guys and their love interests.
It's not translated to English, though.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:46   Link #18
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The topic starter is looking for translated VN/eroge, i don't think OreTsuba is translated in English and personally I find OreTsuba kinda average for an eroge.
Also Nishimata Aoi's art never worked for me.

edit: i got ninja'd
Old 2012-04-13, 10:22   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Eh, Ef got translated?
Old 2012-04-13, 18:03   Link #20
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I also would recommend Ef, CLANNAD, Little Busters! and Kanon.

btw, Ef is getting a official translation, eventually. There was an unofficial version out some time ago though.
Closed Thread