AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 02:33   Link #761
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary Claies
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:33   Link #762
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That is a lot of dialogue. I'm going to be less accurate than usual because of this.

Spoiler for chapter 29? I lost count:
Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!Yandere Koyuki!

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 2 reference.

Anyways, thanks for your summary.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:54   Link #763
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Nah, I dont think she isnt going Yandere, but it will be a nice to have somebody like Rei as a rival to Koyuki so she can actually tell Toru her feelings.

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2012-05-02 at 12:32.
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:27   Link #764
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yea don't see Koyuki going yandere but I'm not oppsed to the idea

I really love Koyuki, she's just so cute but seeing Rei I can't help but like her as well maybe even just as much as Koyuki and I'm also not opposed to a love triangle forming here.
But seeing the RAW I couldn't help but think Rei is a sister to Tooru, just the vibe as it is.

Very interesting chapter by the looks of it, love me some good old good melodrama!
Old 2012-05-04, 10:38   Link #765
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 29:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 10:56   Link #766
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I think I read somewhere that someone wanted a drama. There you go, a drama But I'm pretty amazed with Tooru that he's not the typical shounen lead that is so dense when it comes to girl. Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:21   Link #767
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Actually, after I read the lastest chapter, I am sorry to say that Koyuki had that one coming. I understand that she was worry about him but she kept on pushing the issue, but this series might need to look into going to semi-weekly(if they have that).

The one thing that got me curious that Rei's fingernails wasnt dirty or anything like that. Hmm
Old 2012-05-04, 11:27   Link #768
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I think I read somewhere that someone wanted a drama. There you go, a drama But I'm pretty amazed with Tooru that he's not the typical shounen lead that is so dense when it comes to girl. Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.
and that "not-being-dense" quality just created a crack at his love-life in this chapter.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:36   Link #769
Somnus
Eh?

God damn it, I haven't read this in a while (missed ch. 28). So catching up on these latest chapters reminded me how fantastic this series is. Now I want more and there's nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Actually, after I read the lastest chapter, I am sorry to say that Koyuki had that one coming. I understand that she was worry about him but she kept on pushing the issue, but this series might need to look into going to semi-weekly(if they have that).

The one thing that got me curious that Rei's fingernails wasnt dirty or anything like that. Hmm
I agree with this, except for your mention of the nails. I think it was just drawn like that, without anything to be suspicious about. Her hands were sufficiently dirty enough to just assume for the most part she put in quite an effort to find that pendant.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:19   Link #770
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and that "not-being-dense" quality just created a crack at his love-life in this chapter.
Yeah I know. You rarely see a guy like him and then this happened
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:25   Link #771
Shadow5YA

One of the few protagonists not being dense about a girl's feelings actually hurts because of it. How ironic.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 15:06   Link #772
Velsy

I admit, I like the girl because her reaction was in the positive manner. Koyuki's first reaction was neutral which is still fine. I think this new girl will make an interesting turn of events.

And thanks alot Yuki, because you butted into a place you shouldn't have, He have a yuki avalanche effect, meaning things have turned for the worse. Which in cause Koyuki couldnt reconize he was in a raelly bad mood and did push him a little too much. Guess we will see where this little drama leads to. But is it going to be another month before the next chapter ?
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 15:18   Link #773
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
And thanks alot Yuki, because you butted into a place you shouldn't have, He have a yuki avalanche effect, meaning things have turned for the worse. Guess we will see where this little drama leads to. But is it going to be another month before the next chapter ?
It's more like 20 days or something.

About Toru's reaction, you can see that he was pressed on all the wrong spots more so since he was in denial mode by the time Rei approached him.

This arc obviously pretty much aims to make clear the Koyuki x Toru deal, so we are surely going to go up and down in turns in the emotional roller coaster. The girl does look fishy, though. Having zero clue about where you dropped a pendant and the bit of the clean nails is obviously suspicious (as, she didn't really got her hands into the ground). I do feel that her part in this business is going to get over exaggerated and it's not going to be something simple as a possible love rival or someone who wants to recuperate something out of sentimental value. I mean, Kuga seemed like a love rival at first (she glancing at Toru and stuff at the end of the first volume), but that initial impression was completely wrong.
Old 2012-05-04, 15:32   Link #774
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
This arc obviously pretty much aims to make clear the Koyuki x Toru deal, so we are surely going to go up and down in turns in the emotional roller coaster. The girl does look fishy, though. Having zero clue about where you dropped a pendant and the bit of the clean nails is obviously suspicious (as, she didn't really got her hands into the ground). I do feel that her part in this business is going to get over exaggerated and it's not going to be something simple as a possible love rival or someone who wants to recuperate something out of sentimental value. I mean, Kuga seemed like a love rival at first (she glancing at Toru and stuff at the end of the first volume), but that initial impression was completely wrong.
My train of thought is that this makes Koyuki x Toru deal, alittle bit harder than before because Toru will still have doubts about having a relationship with Koyuki (Rei too, if she wants him too), plus you are going to have alot of outside interference from the gang, plus his explosure is going to be over 100% with two beatuiful women want him (maybe more bully as well).

At the end, we cant place all the blame on Koyuki on this, Yuki gets the prize for that. So her good intentions is going to destroy that circle. i got money that Yuki is going to find out about what happen, then she going to get very angry at Toru

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2012-05-04 at 15:39. Reason: Change of words
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 16:00   Link #775
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
My train of thought is that this makes Koyuki x Toru deal, a little bit harder than before because Toru will still have doubts about having a relationship with Koyuki (Rei too, if she wants him too), plus you are going to have a lot of outside interference from the gang, plus his exposure is going to be over 100% with two beautiful women want him (maybe more bully as well).
But before being lashed out into, there it was pretty much "no chance" for Toru and Koyuki to happen before the two of them maturing a lot before person (as in, probably years after). Koyuki has this pure maiden mentality that as long as she can watch him from afar without burdening him, it's fine; and Toru's own meager concept of himself keep pushing him to think "it's impossible for me to be liked", and he probably thinks that it's pointless for him to like someone due to his low self stem. Set ups like those are pretty typical in manga and take like 300 chapters to get resolved

So, basically to get things flowing differently what was needed was to shake that boat up. And while what Yuki did was really not the best thing and certainly didn't change anything for the best (and not for the worst), it changed something a little. Now if more actual changes pill up then probably the way Koyuki and Toru see each other is also going to be different, they might not end up together by this arc, but perhaps things aren't going to get so deep stagnant either.

As someone else said before, introducing a new character "at this time" feels like a pretty obvious move, things are going to happen.
Old 2012-05-04, 20:33   Link #776
Valky
Radioactive

Chapter 29 scanlated is out.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-04, 23:53   Link #777
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:

The magazine comes out every month (the 27th, to be exact). I've never heard of an author voluntarily changing magazines mid-series - that's like breaking a contract. I can't imagine that'd be good for their careers.

So Toru didn't say the fingernails aren't dirty, I think. It's that despite her nails being nice, she dug through the dirt. I can't imagine what kind of trick is going on that would make her preserve her nails. What I don't understand is why she's so clingy to him. I thought people in mangaverse don't hold other people's hands until they're mutually in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
One of the few protagonists not being dense about a girl's feelings actually hurts because of it. How ironic.
That's because this time it's the girl being dense.

Anyway, now the entire circle's going to bother Toru. The entire school too, since uh... people are going to ask why Koyuki looks sad. He's going to have a hard time.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:18   Link #778
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The magazine comes out every month (the 27th, to be exact). I've never heard of an author voluntarily changing magazines mid-series - that's like breaking a contract. I can't imagine that'd be good for their careers.
Not really holding my breath in this case, but some series do switch magazines - to another from the same publisher.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:27   Link #779
Shadow5YA

Quote:
What I don't understand is why she's so clingy to him. I thought people in mangaverse don't hold other people's hands until they're mutually in love.
I dunno... I think Koyuki was equally clingy in the first chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:03   Link #780
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Chapter 29 scanlated is out.

Spoiler:
I don`t know...
Even if she didn`t, Koyuki would still make that sad face when seeing Toru with that girl and for the rest... I don`t see it play that differently.
Toru was already feeling this way, Asahi just said it to his face.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen