AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 10:54   Link #721
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Images
Scans
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If Reishi and Saruhiko don't turn out to have some sort of secret connection I'll be very disappointed.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:22   Link #722
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Kuro seems like he's the typical Samurai-like/noble guy that these type of series usually has....

but yeah. I was wondering why homeboy's got utensils with him too :lol:

So far, I think I'm probaly going to like the supporting cast better than the MC...which is fine, since I already like Kuro. Shiro better amuse me though or I'll be wishing that he dies off.

Still can't believe Viz has this one.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:24   Link #723
firetiger027

I get the feeling Kuro is all alone since his master died and maybe doesn't have anywhere to live so he always carries cooking supplies with him because they're important to him. I don't know why but he seems really lonely to me he was really touched by the fake sister story.
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:51   Link #724
kuromitsu

Cooking seems to be his hobby, too. I mean, he takes it very seriously because he's the sort of character that takes everything seriously, but he seems to genuinely enjoy cooking - he was even humming while making breakfast. (So... cute....!)

I can't wait for that image song(?) of his to be released... XD;;
Old 2012-10-14, 17:04   Link #725
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Everyone keeps mentioning that Kuro's VA sang something but all I remember is him humming while he was cooking...
Old 2012-10-14, 17:08   Link #726
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Everyone keeps mentioning that Kuro's VA sang something but all I remember is him humming while he was cooking...
He sings during the preview of ep 3. As I mentioned some pages earlier, I can't hear the lyrics properly because of the voiceover, but basically they seem to involve cooking and him being all alone in the kitchen. xD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-14 at 17:33.
Old 2012-10-14, 17:24   Link #727
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He sings during the preview of ep 3. As I mentioned some pages earlier, I can't hear the lyrics properly because of the voiceover, but basically they seem to involve cooking and him being all alone in the kitchen. xD
Thanks. I'll have to look for it later.

I never heard that VA sing anything....oh wait, yes I did. I forgot he did Sato in Working too.
Old 2012-10-14, 17:33   Link #728
kuromitsu

I did some searching and found this info at GoRa Project's twitter: it is a character song. (THANK YOU ALL THE DEITIES OUT THERE! XD) The title is "Legend Daidokoro" ie. "Legend Kitchen." Apparently there will be some more character songs, with GoRa writing the lyrics. For this song they tweeted the following lyrics:

語ってくれ ジャガイモ 夢見た明日を 笑ってくれ 豚肉 変えられない未来などないと♪
もし塩と胡椒がなかったら 世界は色あせカレーは死ぬ この世にあなたがいて 鍋を振るう、俺は中華のために♪
包丁は舞う スパイスは踊る 俺は台所にただ一人 KITCHEN IS MY SPACE SO NOBODY CAN INVADE♪

(Btw this is not what he actually sings during the preview, with the exception of the "ore wa daidokoro ni tada hitori" so I guess these are from a different part of the song.)

A native English speaker can probably do more justice to this beauty than I with my humble skills, but in any case, between this and Ixion Saga DT's ending, I think I'll just go and laugh myself to sleep. XDDDD

Btw, Ono Daisuke has a number of songs under his belt...

ETA:

OK, I tried. (I didn't try to be very literal, mind you.)

"Talk to me, potatoes - about your dreams of days to come
Smile at me, pork - the future can always be changed
Without salt and pepper the world turns gray and curry dies...
It's because of you that I wield my pan, for the glory of Chinese cuisine
My knife flutters, the spices dance - I'm all alone in my kitchen
KITCHEN IS MY SPACE SO NOBODY CAN INVADE"

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-15 at 14:17. Reason: correcting translation because I really shouldn't be allowed to translate at 1:30 in the morning......
Old 2012-10-14, 18:57   Link #729
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
KITCHEN IS MY SPACE SO NOBODY CAN INVADE
Oh wow.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 00:00   Link #730
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
KITCHEN IS MY SPACE SO NOBODY CAN INVADE"
What's with "serious guys can cook" trope being overused here?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealMenCook
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 04:20   Link #731
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I posted these theories on MAL but I feel like sharing it here somehow. XD

The fun thing about following an anime that hasn't run its full course yet, is that you get to make some fun and friendly Wild Mass Guesses and conspiracy theories. And rejoice when you get them right. And rejoice when they're wrong, because that'll mean it's a legitimate plot twist. So why not now?

Here are my personal theories (as of Episode 2):

Yashiro Isana's Identity:
I'll dump the usual theories here first, the ones that most people would've thought of at first glance --
* Evil twin/clone/doppelganger
* Split Personality (Currently I believe this is probably what the show will do, as it's been proven that Yashiro knows nothing about what is going on as of Episode 2, and the duality of the black and white K's in the title logo shows some kind of "black-and-white morality" thing going on here - the creators hae said the duality wasn't about Kuroh vs Shiro, so it might very well be Good Shiro vs Evil Shiro.)
* Possessed by an evil spirit (I really, really hope it's not this. It'll be lame if the ending turned out to be omg Adolf K. Weisman was the true culprit all along and he possessed Yashiro just to frame him!)
* Amnesia

My more far-fetched theories:
* Evil!Shiro is Shiro from the recent future, who is, well, evil - and time-traveled back to "wait for someone".
* Shiro is evil, hands down. He was lying about not remembering anything and not killing anyone. Also, he knew about the Neko thing, which was why he said in Episode 2 that "I have no idea what's going on" in his room - because he wanted Neko to hear and be convinced that he's innocent. In short, he is a downright Magnificent Bastard Affably Evil Villain Protagonist.
* Shiro is evil, but doesn't remember it. He performed a Memory Gambit (a.k.a. locking his memories up, and waiting for it to be returned to himself at the right time) so that people won't suspect him, because he doesn't even suspect himself.
* Shiro is not the real Shiro!

Who is going to be the main villain?
By now we all know that no matter how violent Homura might seem at first glance and how scheming SCEPTER4 might seem, it's still highly unlikely that Mikoto or Munakata Reisi will turn out to be the real villain(s). So who's the real villain of the story?

Personally, I think the worst way the story can go is to make Adolf K. Weissman the main villain. I mean, seriously now. His name is Adolf. He has long white hair and laughs sadistically and is the First King. If he turns out to be the culprit with everything being so blatantly obviously pointing towards him I'm going to become sorely disappointed. The second last episode is titled Adolf K. Weissman, so I'm getting a bit afraid there. The worst case scenario I can think of will be that Adolf was the real culprit, and he possessed Shiro to frame him in the video, just like what I said above. That'll be lame.

Then, there's Evil!Shiro. If hopefully it doesn't turn out that Evil Shiro was just Shiro being possessed by Weissman or something equally corny, Evil!Shiro is probably going to be the big bad of the story. He shoots poor Tatara, that poor soul. And he probably killed Kuroh's master too. If the anime tries to follow the typical cliche and have the entire anime be about banishing Shiro's Superpowered Evil Side, that'll be pretty lame too. That's why I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the split personality/evil side theory doesn't hold true, because it can get pretty disappointing due to how often it's used.

Then another theory of mine is that Ichigen Miwa has something to do with all this. You know, Kuroh's master? Nobody confirmed that he is dead. He is the colorless king BEFORE Evil!Shiro usurped him. But what if Evil!Shiro never usurped him? And Ichigen Miwa WAS the guy in the video. Dum dum dum dum! And then there'll be this odd link between Ichigen and Shiro that we never knew about. Although that kind of intersects with Evil Twin / Split Personality so it can get pretty disappointing too.

In the end, my favourite theory about the antagonist of the story is still Yashiro himself. I think it'll be badass and really interesting if this story would have a villain protagonist who knows how to manipulate things and become an epic Chessmaster without all that split personality bull.

Miscellaneous:
I strongly believe that Anna is probably going to turn out to be Shiro's little sister. You know, Shiro lied about a little sister in Episode 2? Somehow I think that's going to end up turning out to be an Accidental Truth, and it'll turn out later that Shiro actually does have a little sister all along. Why? Anna and Shiro both have white hair, for one, and they look quite alike (then again, Shiro and Neko look dangerously alike too). Also, Anna doesn't seem to have any real family (Mikoto probably isn't his family, as 100 Visuals sort of reveals that Anna has some kind of obsession and precocious crush on Mikoto, which means he's probably not her uncle or brother or something), as if she's just picked up from somewhere. And due to the white hair thing, I'm also inclined to think that they both have something to do with Weissman, somehow.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 07:37   Link #732
kuromitsu

Hmm, my theories:

Shiro's identity:
Given that he had a "flashback" to the Silver and Gold Kings, he probably knows them... My bet is on a split personality/manipulated memories/trauma induced amnesia.

Villains:
Well, Adolf K. Weissmann might as well be called Mr. Villain and I think he is a villain, but not necessarily the final boss. Still, he has an episode named after him so he's going to be pretty important. and probably related to Shiro. (Brother? Father? He could be both...)

And while Septer 4 don't look like bad guys, there's that mysterious connection between Reishi and the Gold King. Of course the Gold King may not be a bad guy at all... Anyway, I hope Reishi and Mikoto will be more concerned about having a glorious, manly rivalry as befitting two manly men with blue & red themes... Also, Saruhiko looks suspicious. Maybe he's be a low-level villain, or just has some Issue that he needs to get over. (See more below.)

Blood relations:
As I wrote above, I wouldn't be surprised if Weissmann and Shiro turned out to be related. (Weissmann... Yashiro... white-white...)

And for now my theory is that Reishi and Saruhiko are brothers. Seriously, two dark-haired glasses-wearing pretty boys with similar hairstyles and similar personalities in the same organization? This can't be a coincidence... (oh yes, give me the delicious brotherly angst, mmm yeah)

Misc:
Why does Yata Misaki have such a girly name? (It has the kanji "beautiful bloom" which is decidedly feminine) Maybe he's really... a girl? Fukuyama Jun already voices a trap in Ixion Saga DT, why not a reverse trap? xD
Old 2012-10-15, 16:45   Link #733
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

This seems like it might need a full 26 with all of the theories going 'round....

I get the feeling that it's pointing to Shiro, Neko and Kuroh as the three MCs...
Old 2012-10-15, 22:16   Link #734
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Let me toss in my guess. Perhaps Yashiro IS Weissman? Who have became younger for some reason?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 22:17   Link #735
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Am I safe to assume that the show got infinitely better with Neko's arrival?
Old 2012-10-15, 22:25   Link #736
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
What's with "serious guys can cook" trope being overused here?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealMenCook
Because females are prob tired of useless partners who don't help out in the kitchen, laundry etc.
Old 2012-10-15, 23:12   Link #737
Hiro Hayase

Hahaha I'm just waiting for Yashiiro to go "Persona" or "Pasta" lol because he's voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.

I really want Yashiro to be the main villain too, since his voice actor also played Prince from Level E and Hisoka from HxH. Those two are among the the most amusing trolls around hehe.

@shmaster I doubt it. Yashiro and Weissman are two different kings as indicated by the chart. The charts on page 35.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2012-10-15 at 23:38.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 00:06   Link #738
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Hahaha I'm just waiting for Yashiiro to go "Persona" or "Pasta" lol because he's voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.

I really want Yashiro to be the main villain too, since his voice actor also played Prince from Level E and Hisoka from HxH. Those two are among the the most amusing trolls around hehe.

@shmaster I doubt it. Yashiro and Weissman are two different kings as indicated by the chart. The charts on page 35.
For real? Shiro's voiced by Ulquiorra? Sheesh, I wonder if Daisuke realizes that his voice gets all the bitches both in anime and IRL.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:40   Link #739
dark998

More speculation:

In the first episode one of the SCEPTER 4 guys uses "Weissman level" to gauge Suoh' energy when he calls forth his Sword of Damocles, which suggests Adolf may be responsible for the creation of those Swords and in consequence, giving their power to the other Kings. And himself too, of course.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 01:48   Link #740
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Am I safe to assume that the show got infinitely better with Neko's arrival?
I guess you could say..*puts on sun glasses*

A (naked) cat is fine too.

HELL YEAH!

(After watching Aoi Toori parade in emperor’s clothing for an entire season, my mind quickly adjusted to Neko’s birthday suit that I didn’t even bat an eyelash or wondered why she was naked in the first place).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural