AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 20:26   Link #281
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
I wish I could understand Japanese so I could see the new episodes *patiently waits for someone to sub episode 9*

I saw the movie at Fanimecon over Memorial Day weekend. I'm kinda sad cause now I know what is going to happen, but I also want to see how they decide to do things differently than the movie. I like not having the drummer be there when Nana and Nana meet again in the apartment. So far I'v prefered the anime to the movie, movie seemed kind of rushed and you never got to see Hachi's story. Although I do prefer the movie Hachi to the anime Hachi...
Old 2006-06-11, 11:06   Link #282
J2383
Inactive Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo
Although I do prefer the movie Hachi to the anime Hachi...
I've got to agree with that. The movie Hachi is a cutie pie.

I must say I've been really impressed with this story. The story seems to be well written and though out. Being a straight male-type person who'd usually rather watch fight scenes, I was surprised when I really started enjoying this series.

I am wondering though, how many volumes are there in the NANA manga? I've got up to 15 and can't seem to find any more. The story doesn't seem over though, so I'm wondering if I'm just not looking hard enough or if the later volumes haven't been translated yet or something.
J2383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 13:06   Link #283
SailorMoon4ever

Im in Love with this series it so far seems well written like the sailor moon mangas where at one time ..I cried at the end of the movie of this movie and so far love all the anime episodes I seen so far.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 15:11   Link #284
Jarek

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the middle of episode 5 as Nana is running after bringing back the CD?
Jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 18:20   Link #285
tritoch

Im going my way. baby my way.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 19:20   Link #286
Shiro_Ryu
Anime Rookie

What happened to episode 9? When I tried to download all I got was a 27 MB clip that doesn't work. I'm not complaining, I just want to know if the glitch is my computer or the file itself. Thanks!

Edit: Apparently the file wants to save as the file type avi.torrent.avi to fix it just deleted the last .avi it should save to the computer correctly.

Last edited by Shiro_Ryu; 2006-06-12 at 23:30.
Shiro_Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 20:41   Link #287
J2383
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro_Ryu
I'm not complaining, I just want to know if the glitch is my computer or the file itself. Thanks!
The download seems to be working for me, it hasn't finished yet...but as far as I can tell it's working right. I suggest you try downloading it again.
Old 2006-06-13, 21:54   Link #288
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
great episode the two Nanas seem to have gotten down a rythem living together. But my fav part had to be Nana O and Nobu rock out at the end it was really cool i think things are going to really start moving from this point
Old 2006-06-14, 01:01   Link #289
Shiro_Ryu
Anime Rookie

I agree, this episode was excellent. I've been looking forward to it. I can't help but smile whenever they give Hachi a tail! I also think that the Movie Hachi is better because she is more real and less flake -don't get me wrong she's still flakey just not as much-. She looks better in the movie as well.
Spoiler:
Shiro_Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 09:54   Link #290
J2383
Inactive Member

Quote:
Why does Hachi always set herself up to fail with guys? I don't think she has any right to complain.
Well, I think(though I could be wrong) that Hachi tends to be the kind of person who un-knowingly thinks only of herself.
Spoiler:

Now, I don't think Hachi intentionally thinks only of herself; I think she truly tries to think of others, but her efforts are generally still driven by selfish desires. Somehow, though, I think Nana-chan brings out the un-selfish side of Hachi(only now and again...but it comes out) which is why they are so good together.

Now, if I completely misunderstood what you were asking or what the anime/manga really shows us about Hachi's presonality please tell me so.
Old 2006-06-14, 14:50   Link #291
Omniscient

Episode 11 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 16:00   Link #292
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 11 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

hmm....about nana and yasu....i think it's more like yasu's in love with nana. and sachiko....i just really don't like her at all so i do somewhat see her as a villian then again you can't really blame her because it does seems like it was more of nana k's fault that all that had happened.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 16:26   Link #293
Omniscient

Hrm, next week isn't episode 12. Looks like it'll be Junko's Room Omake along with some recap.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 17:32   Link #294
dxgarten

Episode 11 Screencaps and review

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 01:20   Link #295
Rarity

Ep 10 had a lot of wit, with the Nanas in rare form...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 06:12   Link #296
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2383
Well, I think(though I could be wrong) that Hachi tends to be the kind of person who un-knowingly thinks only of herself.
Spoiler:

Now, I don't think Hachi intentionally thinks only of herself; I think she truly tries to think of others, but her efforts are generally still driven by selfish desires. Somehow, though, I think Nana-chan brings out the un-selfish side of Hachi(only now and again...but it comes out) which is why they are so good together.

Now, if I completely misunderstood what you were asking or what the anime/manga really shows us about Hachi's presonality please tell me so.
Spoiler:

As for episode 9, I like the singer they chose for her voice. Mika Nakashima is truly an awesome singer. I loved Glamerous Sky but somehow felt her voice was too good for Nana O.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 10:50   Link #297
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
This might have been mentioned before, I'm not sure.

Is it fine to watch the Nana movie at this point without spoiling too much?
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 20:09   Link #298
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Hrm, next week isn't episode 12. Looks like it'll be Junko's Room Omake along with some recap.
Argh! What's up with these bloody recaps? Let's hope it won't be recaping just a single episode this time...

I loved episode 10.

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 17:21   Link #299
howzitboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
This might have been mentioned before, I'm not sure.

Is it fine to watch the Nana movie at this point without spoiling too much?
i broke down and watched the movie ( think was round episode 5). it made me enjoy the anime that much more. not kidding. but, i really liked the music in the movie bit more.
hope they dont only have 2 songs for this whole anime.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 19:14   Link #300
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 10 was great kudos for Hachi going out and putting up flyers i thought that was cool. Plus they got a new memeber who plays a wicked guitar. The fact that Nana O told him to be better than Ren shows how much she wants to make it. I think this episode showed how much the 2 Nana's are getting closer and how the band is progressing plus the kiss and the them sleeping soundly next to each other were complete surprises to me. Plus the fact that shouji has a girl named Sachiko working with him made me laugh my ass off.

My fav part had to be the rock out session in the studio i hope BLAST gets a drummer soon and start rocking out. I love the music in the series and i think i am going to check out the movie i have been listening to A little Pain over and over for like 2 days now i love the song

Tags
drama, romance