AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 10:33   Link #181
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Well since I can draw better than that, yes. As well I'm I fine arts student so visual appeal goes a long way for me. I would rather have nice art to go with the story. I also won't have be comparing the anime vs game. I understand it is almost the signature of the game but IMO I would prefer them to you know get someone else for the art.
The artwork is actually fine in the game. Worlds better than Higu's art. It's very clean and simple. There's some characters whose designs I'm not a fan of, but honestly? It's nothing that important, even if you are a fine arts student. The most wonderful part of playing the game is the combination of the amazing music, the pace of the story, and the content of the story. It's truly amazing when you happen to time crescendos in the music with really dramatic scenes and transitions. (I have to admit, I've played the Banquet and Musou Rosa chapter multiple times just to experience it again. I love timing the final gunshots/"When the seagulls cry ..." card up with a certain point in the music.

Anyway, I would recommend the game to any anime viewer. Not because it's omgbetter than the anime, or whatever. I'd recommend because it's FUN, it's exciting, and it will further increase your understanding of the story and appreciation of the characters and the music.
Old 2009-09-10, 11:16   Link #182
USCPharmacist

It's a scientific fact that we human piss about loses more than we value gain, so it's understandable that people would focus on anything that the show miss then what the show provide. But Deen Phail is not Kyo Ani, I meant look at Fate Stay/Night compare to Canon or Air and you can tell which one has a higher quality. On the other hand, Kyo Ani has tons of money too....oh well make your own conclusion.

As to writing a better scenario than DEEN, you'll be surprise how many people will rage about your version too because first of all, people just love to rage over about anything (show too fast, no, show too slow, no, show in COLOR!!!). Second there will be cut and people WILL rage over any cut, ANY CUT. It can be better, of course, but it's not guarantee since it's still not the original. That's the problem when you only have the original VN to compare to

BTW, I love Rosa Moshu like the rest of you, and would love to see it animate Kyo Ani style but just how important is that to solving the mystery? No, I am not trying to defend DEEN Phail on this scene here but I am trying to look at the situation from Battler's eyes. Magic does not exist it's what I think he would say. So what the hell is Rosa Moshu anyway? A trick? an illusion? If we believe there is no magic then it cannot exist. The goat men has to be fake but what are they? The only suspect at this point is Genji, he is very suspicious through both ep1 and 2. Could it be Rosa was fighting him wearing a goat head (lol)? Also, the way Rosa behaved in the TV episode was very strange. She was an A-hole to Maria for the last 10 and a half episodes, but she turned around and become this loving mom willing to sacrifice herself to save her daughter? Deen Phail? or something more? Much more sinister? Also notice Rosa let Maria carry the gold. Haha that's really not possible cuz, dude, gold is heavy!!! Perhaps DEEN PHIAL, think you need 2 hands to fire that gun, if that's the case DEEN really is phail. Also why would Rosa be in front? Shouldn't she stay in the back and let Maria run in the front if she really care about her that much? After Maria fell, Rosa took the gold and let maria reload the bullets.....Hummmm. Anyway, if I were Battler, just from the TV alone I would guess that Genji and Rosa are culprits and they betrayed one another an the end. Rosa fought Genji and eventually Rosa dumped maria and took the gold while Maria sat and wait for her mother heroic return to save her. (TAT)

Hey I thought everyone hated the show, but I just check the dl and there were 1000+ seeds. I guess it's really not that bad

Last edited by USCPharmacist; 2009-09-10 at 11:21. Reason: just notice the dl
Old 2009-09-10, 11:23   Link #183
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Subs are *cough* on *cough *cough* you *cough* tube *cough* *cough* *cough*

*hack* *cough* *hack* *sneeze*
Is there a rule that forbids to say that gg releases the fansubbed episodes on their site a lot earlier than they do on animesuki? I guess they do that to get people to visit them.

Old 2009-09-10, 12:19   Link #184
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Anime defenders -- stop complaining about VN players complaining. SERIOUSLY. You make it much more epic and vast by constantly deriding and baiting them so that the discussion goes on for pages and pages. Accept that it is their opinion, state your own opinion, and move on. This thread has already become rather unwelcome for anime-only viewers, and it's not just because of some negative opinions, but also because of the big deal being made about it by everyone. Chill. the fuck. out.
Who are you to tell others how to express their views? Trying to stop debates from ever happening by forcing people to accept opinions is ridiculous. Sounds to me like you should take your own advice.

Anyway, I watched ep 11 and enjoyed it, and I don't think any of the things cut from the VN would have mattered.
Old 2009-09-10, 12:24   Link #185
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Who are you to tell others how to express their views? Trying to stop debates from ever happening by forcing people to accept opinions is ridiculous. Sounds to me like you should take your own advice.

Anyway, I watched ep 11 and enjoyed it, and I don't think any of the things cut from the VN would have mattered.
If people don't like the complaints that VN readers make, then they could just try not reading the post at all. We all have opinions, saying "OMG THE VN READERS ARE SO OVER DRAMATIC! THEY ARE ANNOYING!!!" is no way to behave either. That can obviously be taken offensively, and unlike the VN readers who post about the episode at hand, these types of posts seem like direct attacks.

We all have opinions about the episode. Let's just leave it at that. If one person doesn't like what somebody else wrote down, then that's okay. But to reply and complain about what the person said is just a bother.

Old 2009-09-10, 12:36   Link #186
LilacLana
BernxLambda OTP. c:

Lambda... :'C I was looking forward to her for so long and she appears for a few seconds... Makes me sad.

Tea party was awesome. Good luck trying to eat her head. |D Battler was awesome. Admittedly, I do miss the head-smashing. xD

This episode was great, if only there was more time. 8D
Old 2009-09-10, 12:38   Link #187
NeoWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Well since I can draw better than that, yes. As well I'm I fine arts student so visual appeal goes a long way for me. I would rather have nice art to go with the story. I also won't have be comparing the anime vs game. I understand it is almost the signature of the game but IMO I would prefer them to you know get someone else for the art.
I hope that with nice art you dont mean generic looking style like in most VN/anime. I am in similar position as you - I studied arts most of my life and I draw as well - and I must say that only thing that is bad about novel art are the poses. Art in Umineko is simple but it have style, design is original and the expressions are flawless. Only if the characters would move sometimes. Only Battler have his "Objection!" pose and few characters have rifles.
Old 2009-09-10, 12:44   Link #188
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

As much as I agree with Momo and June, I highly doubt the golden discussion they wish for isn't going to happen anytime soon. It'd be great if other can people except the thoughts and views of others here, but the backlash of opinions and drama whatnot are such a common occurrence in the much larger episodic anime boards that I'm surprised those who've been here longer than I aren't used to it by now.

Anyways, I rewatched the episode and now realized that the Epitaph continues to not make sense as it did in the first game. Unless my memory fails me in my old age, the third twilight (those who remain shall praise my honorable name on high) never happened? The only time I remember people praising Beatrice's name was during the scene in the chapel with all the adults, but that was before the first twilight even happened. The sixth twilight (gouge the stomach and kill) didn't seem to have happened either... since Kanon and Jessica were the second twilight, Nanjo and Kumasawa were gouged in the leg and knee, Shannon was gouged in the head, and both Gohda and George were gouged in the chest. Anyone with more intelligence than I care to elaborate on what I overlooked? Or is the Epitaph just as inconsistent with itself in the VN as well?

I'm also more curious about Beatrice's motives now. She seems to have a strong envy towards Shannon are her ideas on love, so perhaps love itself is a possible motive behind her assault on the Ushiromiya family, because I find it hard to believe that she really is just doing all this for fun. It's always a possibility though.

As for the people talking about the art style in the VN, yeah it's sub-par at first glance, but it shouldn't be something that prevents you from playing the game. I've seen much worse art.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-09-10 at 13:15.
Old 2009-09-10, 12:48   Link #189
ToniWing
Unknown Origin~

I liked this episode a LOT!

Might be because i haven't play the game and dunno what happens next.

btw.
Spoiler for off topic:
Old 2009-09-10, 12:53   Link #190
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

www.himeyashop.com be sure to buy EP4 and not EP5
Old 2009-09-10, 13:06   Link #191
USCPharmacist

Hummm, someone said George's glasses disappear in the battle scene but I don't see it. He glasses are faint but they stay on him like super glue. What scene are you guys talking about?
Old 2009-09-10, 13:13   Link #192
ShadowThingy

Considering it's an adaption, I felt it was done pretty well.

Also "Slice up your cow tits and make me a sandwich."

This has meme potential written all over it.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:26   Link #193
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I take back what I said before when I heard about this episode.

Spoiler for Opinion:
Old 2009-09-10, 13:47   Link #194
June 1983

She did urge her to eat her, but she hadn't yet been baked. The goats were about to prepare her.

I agree, this episode was much better than we might have thought it would be considering how much had to be squeezed into it. There were still some major flaws with it, though.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:54   Link #195
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Best episode I've seen in this series so far. Especially loved Beato's voice range during the scene in Natsuhi's room.

So Gohda, Shannon and George were looking for something in Natsuhi's room, weren't they? Must've been a pretty mirror.

10/10, despite Lambda's short appearance. Highlight of this episode was Maria's head on a platter.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:53   Link #196
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Rushed epi but liked the same, surely i wanted more Lambda but for a 25min they've compressed all quite well
Kinzo and Battler gang-eaten was pretty good, the same for the tea party and Rosa-musou (a bit short but good), funny joke at the end too, probably only see it end with them look at each other it was not very satisfactory, but i've high hope for the next part
Old 2009-09-10, 15:02   Link #197
orangejuicetang

Does Eva have 6 tongues? Or was it just her tongue in particular that Rosa was forced to eat?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:06   Link #198
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Does Eva have 6 tongues? Or was it just her tongue in particular that Rosa was forced to eat?
LOL no, eva only has one tongue...

but beato
Spoiler for not sure if it's a spoiler but...:

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-09-10, 15:08   Link #199
Kitsu
The unlucky one

No, it's the same with the golden drop or something of Krauss (it's the last drop of blood inside the body after being compresed, means there acutally should only be a drop of blood) but Beatrice has the power to kill endlessly. means revive, kill, revive. And in this case, Revive, take the tongue and kill, revive etc.

Ninja's by Vanda
Old 2009-09-10, 15:10   Link #200
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was pretty good. Free rolling Maria was creepy funny to me, probably because of Hocchan's voice work. Rosa scores at least five goatmen before the final shot/cut. And from what I recall Lambda/Bern/Beatrice's scene at the end hold all the direct conversation in it. Just none of the near fourth wall breaking talk from either Bern or Lambda that followed (which was a mix of game explainations, fanservice humor, and possibly a red herring as to the two witches intentions). The game explainations part may or may not be useful since the media is different. The fanservice humor may come back at some other point, or may be intentionally dropped...to keep the audiance from associating Bern as Rika when they seem more interested in distancing the two characters...and the Super Paper joke (rock-paper-scissors)...which makes Lambda seem mostly harmless. Frankly in a visual media it is better for them to show, not tell...so if that actual piece of information is useful, they'll do better to show it, than just have Lamdba brag about things.

Though I wonder if that little tsundere thread will pop up later on....

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-09-10 at 15:35.
Closed Thread