AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 19:02   Link #4161
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I remember her saying something among the lines of "it's almost as if my divider didn't make it" or something like that.
Ok, yes, she said that too, but how is that saying anything about Laevatein?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:07   Link #4162
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
I don't know. Only I know is Vita saying "there is nothing that she and her Graf Eisen can't destroy".
Old 2011-09-22, 19:07   Link #4163
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Ok, yes, she said that too, but how is that saying anything about Laevatein?
Well, if making that comment just after her divider failed to protect her from a direct hit from the old belkan sword isn't any indication i think i'm done here xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:42   Link #4164
Justin_Brett

Cypha: incompetent enough to make even the Eclipse look ineffective.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:28   Link #4165
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
This is the last time I bother showing up in this thread.

Anyway, you guys talking about Isis breaking out of those chains and how it can't POSSIBLY be magic?

Remember, back in StrikerS?

Nanoha had RH go into standbye mode and grabbed Subaru's gauntlet fist with one hand and grabbed Teana's blade with her other hand and not only held Teana up with ease but stopped Subaru's punch cold.

The same Subaru who can shatter stone with a single hit. The same Subaru who damn near killed Cinque and broke Nove's arm with one hit. The same Subaru who's main way of beating someone in StrikerS was to get up close and hit them.

She stopped Subaru COLD with ONE hand. AND was holding up Teana with her other hand, while the blade cut into her fingers.

ALL while using magic!

Nanoha's not the biggest girl around. Yet she was able to hold off TWO people roughly her size with ease. (And, trust me, lifting around 1/2 your weight is pretty damn hard to do for an average person.)

You think that people can't use magic to break out of chains like that just as easily?

So, no, those chains weren't mentioned to be special. Arnage would have told Isis "don't even try using magic, flatty, those chains'll resist any magic with ease" if that was the case.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:36   Link #4166
Kuze

Besides, Arnage guessed as much that Isis would have no trouble at all with the level of restraints on her, it's just that she would rather hear Arnage out before acting.

Isis is just like that. She's not SS6, but she definitely could've been part of them and made quite the splash, if she had a year or two under TSAB trainers. She doesn't need to be cyborg to explain anything that she's done or what's happened to her. Remember, Puffy's configuration was said to be defensive when she jumped off of the Wolfram, that probably saved her neck from being actually broken.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 22:12   Link #4167
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder what kind of "training" can achieve such dramatic results, she didn't even looks to have the strenght necessary to do something like that. I wonder if Isis have a backstory similar to DCU-Cyborg of the Teen Titans: Some accident endangered Isis life and his father being in charge of a security company in contact with the finest technological advances put his hands into the matter to save his daughter's life and ended up not only make her healthier than before, they also make her faster, stronger and powerfull than ever in her past life.

SIX MILLION DOLLAR GIRL xD!
Obviously... she never asked for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
I don't know. Only I know is Vita saying "there is nothing that she and her Graf Eisen can't destroy".
She could be mistaken/boasting, you know.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 22:28   Link #4168
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Anyway, you guys talking about Isis breaking out of those chains and how it can't POSSIBLY be magic?
I don't recall saying it like that. The rest of your comment fails to address the primary point that was being argued.

Quote:
Remember, Puffy's configuration was said to be defensive when she jumped off of the Wolfram, that probably saved her neck from being actually broken.
Would have been quite meaningless. Magic defenses were useless in that fight. Also, Deville wasn't aiming to break her neck, he was aiming to cut her head off. He failed, somehow, but he actually felt her neck break when he hit her.
Old 2011-09-22, 22:32   Link #4169
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Obviously... she never asked for this.
Thanks to you I now have a mental image of Isis wearing shades permanently.

Quote:
She could be boasting, you know.
"Nothing she can't destroy?" Unless she can destroy galaxies with just Graf Eisen that's definitely a boast
Old 2011-09-22, 22:32   Link #4170
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Would have been quite meaningless. Magic defenses were useless in that fight. Also, Deville wasn't aiming to break her neck, he was aiming to cut her head off. He failed, somehow, but he actually felt her neck break when he hit her.
Yup, Deville confirmed Isis's neck snapped and so far no-magic has demonstrated to let someone continue fighting with a snapped neck.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 22:33   Link #4171
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
She could be mistaken/boasting, you know.
"The number of things I can't break with this hammer, forged by Ancient Belkans, is next to none!"
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 22:50   Link #4172
Kuze

Quote:
Would have been quite meaningless. Magic defenses were useless in that fight.
We still don't know how the Armor Jacket (not a Barrier Jacket) works. What the JP wikia does say (I think...) is that it's also fueled by different means than magic.

Quote:
Also, Deville wasn't aiming to break her neck, he was aiming to cut her head off. He failed, somehow, but he actually felt her neck break when he hit her.
DeVille also hit Isis where there is an armored section. He very well could've mistaken the AJ cracking to be actually her neck.

Look, if Isis actually is a cyborg and her neck actually was broken and all? She's a hell of a lot tougher than any other cyborg we've seen, period, end of story. Cinque couldn't fight any more after Subaru was done with her, and although her beating was a hell of a lot more thorough, at no point was it ever shown that she would be able to just shrug off her neck being smashed after taking a swim.
Old 2011-09-22, 22:53   Link #4173
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Look, if Isis actually is a cyborg and her neck actually was broken and all? She's a hell of a lot tougher than any other cyborg we've seen, period, end of story. Cinque couldn't fight any more after Subaru was done with her, and although her beating was a hell of a lot more thorough, at no point was it ever shown that she would be able to just shrug off her neck being smashed after taking a swim.
Who said she isn't? Maybe Isis is a new type of cyborg constructed with more advanced by the Nakajima sisters and the Numbers being more resilent to physical attacks.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 22:59   Link #4174
Random Wanderer

Quote:
The cyborg theory is only a theory. Currently it seems to be the one that most closely fits the facts, but right now we simply do not know how Isis can do these things. I believe that's intentional. I am merely noting these things as mysteries that have yet to be solved, and I eagerly await more information.
Old 2011-09-22, 23:03   Link #4175
Kuze

Then that's all theorizing and fodder for the Vast Supercharged R&D Conspiracy program. And the other Force thread. And more theories about the Iglet family being all cyborgs too, because when Daddy cyborg and Mommy cyborg love each other a whole lot.....
Old 2011-09-22, 23:27   Link #4176
Zero Hurricane

Or maybe she is a human-cyborg hybrid, perhaps?
Old 2011-09-22, 23:30   Link #4177
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Or maybe she is a human-cyborg hybrid, perhaps?
Uhm, that's redundant, being a "cyborg" already implies that she's half-human, half-machine xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 23:35   Link #4178
Zero Hurricane

I mean, there are some organic materials such as the heart, kidneys, liver, etc. Underneath there are some mechanical arrangement, such as circuits, gears and others.
Old 2011-09-22, 23:59   Link #4179
mechdra

Hahahaha Isis is a cyborg? Hahahaha

I got a better explaination about the neck issue. I believe Isis is a gymnast and her chest is a hint about this matter. Her bones is probably very flexible and strong, it is more like a spring than a bone. Or may be she is just special.

I just saw chapter 18 and 19 and I would like to comment a few things. Firstly, Caro is seriously loli and I wonder Erio is really attracted to her. Secondlythe whole fight is good and interesting to look at.

One good question, is there a limit to the Eclipse virus regeneration ability? I know that the other two guys are fake but they could not regenerate when they are hit at certain part of their body like neck. Could this also happen to the original virus?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 23:59   Link #4180
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I mean, there are some organic materials such as the heart, kidneys, liver, etc. Underneath there are some mechanical arrangement, such as circuits, gears and others.
Either you're not getting the idea or we're not getting yours. A cyborg is, by definition, a living being with both organic and technological components. Everything you're saying is already covered simply by calling her a cyborg.

Tags
manga, nanoha force