AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 22:15   Link #21
peinmaximus@

hey guys,what girls(whom) is already in love with the MC?
whom the MC already fought and defeated in the LN?
whom is the sword god that was the MC's teacher?and whom are the others sword gods?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 22:18   Link #22
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
whom is the sword god that was the MC's teacher?and whom are the others sword gods?
Last two questions were already answered in the translated parts of the novel.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 22:27   Link #23
whsie

"Swordies" (I still can't get used to this name) fall in love with swords. So in a way, no one really loves the MC at the beginning. As seen in the manga chapters, the heroine fell in love with the MC's sword skills, so yeah...
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 00:48   Link #24
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
Why do I even bother translating......

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
"Swordies" (I still can't get used to this name) fall in love with swords. So in a way, no one really loves the MC at the beginning. As seen in the manga chapters, the heroine fell in love with the MC's sword skills, so yeah...
The manga uses "Swordians" I believe (which I think is worse), there's just no way to make the name sound good. I'm going to be seeing that phrase a ton as well.....fml (at least in chinese it's not as blatantly showcased)
Old 2013-07-23, 01:25   Link #25
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Why do I even bother translating......

The manga uses "Swordians" I believe (which I think is worse), there's just no way to make the name sound good. I'm going to be seeing that phrase a ton as well.....fml (at least in chinese it's not as blatantly showcased)

That guy has been a troll since the dawn of time, so dont worry about him.
Old 2013-07-23, 01:41   Link #26
oplover
Usually a lurker

This "swordian" term remind me with ToD.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:37   Link #27
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Ok where can I read this cause it seems like another harem lol
Old 2013-07-23, 11:27   Link #28
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Update made on chap 1
thanks TJP
Although I wonder why Lars wasn't in the first chap of the manga cuz he seems to be the MC's bud
Old 2013-07-23, 14:11   Link #29
blackwhite67
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is his new maid that girl he rescued from the cult?
Old 2013-07-23, 17:53   Link #30
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is his new maid that girl he rescued from the cult?
I believe so as well, look at the small pigtail on the side of her head and the fact they have the same necklace

Spoiler for comparison:

i'm kind of curious about that Kido Akari person Kurou met with the Sun Cult guys. From what I could tell she was part of the Sun Cult group which is a terrorist group who wants Swordies out?
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 04:20   Link #31
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Thanks for the update of Ch 1.

It’s been a while since I have seen a MC that is honest to his desires when he’s around with girls or women. Especially, when he’s the only guy in an all female school.

If I were to rank Kurou from other Harem MC in terms of aggressive approach towards women, I guess his rank would be like this:

Spoiler for My personal ranking:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 11:24   Link #32
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
4th Kurou of Kenshin no Keishousha – He’s quite honest to his desires towards women and likes to fondle with their bodies. Based on his personality he’s willing to come to someone’s bed, bathroom, onsen, etc. As long he is being invited by the other party.
[/SPOILER]
Actually, in the latest manga chapter, Kurou entered Sefi's room without permission.
Old 2013-07-24, 11:28   Link #33
dragon1412

Get Ichika out of that list, he is on a entirely diffirent dimension, so far, he is the only MC who actually think about wordplays when talking to a girl ( seriously, wordplays?!!).
seeing you sell it like that, i give vol 1 a read just now, my impression is
Spoiler for impression:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 12:17   Link #34
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Get Ichika out of that list, he is on a entirely diffirent dimension, so far, he is the only MC who actually think about wordplays when talking to a girl ( seriously, wordplays?!!).
seeing you sell it like that, i give vol 1 a read just now, my impression is
Spoiler for impression:
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-07-24, 13:25   Link #35
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Thanks for the update of Ch 1.

It’s been a while since I have seen a MC that is honest to his desires when he’s around with girls or women. Especially, when he’s the only guy in an all female school.

If I were to rank Kurou from other Harem MC in terms of aggressive approach towards women, I guess his rank would be like this:

Spoiler for My personal ranking:
You're missing Akuto from Daimaou.... (granted, I'm not sure where he'd actually fit on this list, it's just that he's pretty much as OP as every other guy on the list...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:33   Link #36
blade82

and don't forget Shinobu from "Tsuki Tsuki"
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 20:39   Link #37
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
[SPOILER=" "]
I'm glad you gave it a shot. It's not supposed to be like the novels you listed, in fact it is just a pretty basic supernatural harem in a sense and remember it is just volume 1 where it is in a "harem building phase" as I like to call it. There were points in volume 1 during the attack incidents where I thought this might take a completely different direction (comparatively to other supernatural harems) but ultimately I'm glad it didn't turn out like that. From most that I've heard from, it's just a casual fun read because the characters (Sefi <3, Hinako <3, Manaka <3) are very likable and the MC's interactions with the girls always result in some sort of sexual innuendo or hilarity. It's one of those novels if you expect too much from it plotwise or being innovative in a way you'll just be disappointed. Keep in mind I've only read up to vol 2 so no idea if anything changes afterwards.
If i have to compare it, i feel it similar to STnBD with a slight diffirent in MC personalities, well i do have some expectation since there were hint of underlying plot and so far the story is holdind itself well.
P.S: midway into vol 2 now, will give my impression later
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 22:35   Link #38
Kioras

I have a few setting questions/comments from the partially translated chapter.

From what I read in the novel, the Swordies attacked the world in the middle of WW2, not WW3 as in the preview. The swordies largely won because of several factors, not the least of which is that the gates caused almost all internal combustion engines to not work. There individual combat prowess no doubt helped significantly, along with the use of portals to attack where they wanted, as they wanted.

In the 70 years since, they more or less set up as the ruling clique in japan, with 1 million of them in Tokyo. They live in a walled off section, away from the lower class humans, who they completely dominate due to the combat prowess difference anyways, having brutally put down several rebellions though the years.

Because of the individual physical advantage swordies have they completely look down on normal humans, almost all of them except a very small percentage. They came from a world who's tech level could be considered High Middle Ages, and the ones here have quickly absorbed and use human high technology.

Even the main character, Kurou, who is shown the be significantly more skilled, recognized and even more dangerous then many of the swordies, is ignored and largely does not exist in the minds of his coworkers, the Sabers.

Now onto my comments, is that it truly sucks to be a human in that world. No matter how skilled or capable you would be, you would always be a second class citizen. You may be able to buy yourself into having some position in the Swordie aristocracy, but you would still largely be ignored by a near majority of the Swordies, no matter your accomplishments or abilities otherwise.

That should create a brain drain away from Japan as many of the most skilled and ambitious Japanese go overseas where they would be appreciated better. As this is a harem series, and likely not as serious as Madan, I doubt that is touched on at all.

The other question I have is regarding the rest of the world. Since this was WW2, did they occupy Nazi Germany, the USA, Britain and other warring nations, just inflict some very punitive treaty requirements or did they cut them lose and ignore them as too much work, not worth the effort.

If they did not occupy the counties does that mean in the story we have a German Nazi successor state ruling part or all of Europe?

Or does the series not touch on any of the above questions/issues?

A final comment, I don't mind swordies too much as a name and actually works quite well if you think of them as SWORD groupIES.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 23:06   Link #39
noobarta

There anymore pics out for the other volumes ?_?
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 23:31   Link #40
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Spoiler for Lot of text:
Pretty much that bolded part from what I could recall. And I just stole the manga synopsis so I'll probably get around to altering it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
There anymore pics out for the other volumes ?_?
There are, you are free search for them. I just choose not to upload any except the volume currently being translated since they are spoilerish. Plus people like to ask questions regarding pictures in a later volume which just drives me crazy. Actually spoiler sharks in general get on my nerves.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j