AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-07-31, 13:47   Link #261
404NotFriend

Sounds like something Edison would do
404NotFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 04:37   Link #262
404NotFriend

How big exactly is Kadath? Saw on the Rough Guide that the Unknown World is bigger than the whole Earth. Did we ever got an exact measurement of Kadath before?
Old 2018-09-15, 13:49   Link #263
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

At least twice as big.
So I am surprised that there is no problem with people adapting to the gravity when they travel around.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 22:00   Link #264
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
At least twice as big.
So I am surprised that there is no problem with people adapting to the gravity when they travel around.
Magic and cracking I would assume....Something inherent in the planet
Old 2018-09-16, 21:45   Link #265
404NotFriend

That or the human in Steampunk stronk
Old 2019-02-15, 11:06   Link #266
404NotFriend

Just replayed all 3 translated games due to Sona-Nyl localization hype. But i came to wonder about some recurring concept in the series. To begin with, what exactly is "Gold" ? All i know about it is that it's the fragment of AZTT. But are there any further explanation about it ? Why is it important ? What does it really do ? Why is it special ?
Old 2019-02-16, 02:05   Link #267
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404NotFriend View Post
Just replayed all 3 translated games due to Sona-Nyl localization hype. But i came to wonder about some recurring concept in the series. To begin with, what exactly is "Gold" ? All i know about it is that it's the fragment of AZTT. But are there any further explanation about it ? Why is it important ? What does it really do ? Why is it special ?
The Gold does not have a clearly defined meaning.
Nor does it directly equates to the Golden Eye (AZTT fragments).

It is a way describe various spiritual quality.
Some spiritual integrity or spiritual height that's attained after ascending through the Golden Spiral Stairway.
It can also mean in achieving self realization or achieving enlightenment. (In this case, mostly refers to those who ascend into true Gold like Dr. Guy or Lily the Stranger.)
It too can be used to describe destination or goals of life.
Old 2019-02-16, 21:39   Link #268
404NotFriend

Always thought that the fragment and the gold were one and the same, or at least the power it practices are. If so, how exactly do they differ? And does that mean that someone who have a Golden Eyes doesn't necessarily possesses Gold? Like for example the Governing Council in Gahkthun or Mary in Sharnoth?

By your wording, i'd assume the Staircase isn't all that necessary in achieving the Gold as i'm pretty sure that not everyone have come into contact with it. At least the one in Inganock, assuming there were multiple of it spread throughout the world. Iru also said that it was made out of Golf at some point, did he refer to the fragment when he said that?
Old 2019-02-16, 22:26   Link #269
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Golden Spiral Stairway isn't necessarily a stair.
It can be a trial of life, or a life journey.
Rarely you have individual like Arch Duke or Henry Ford who builds an actual stair.

Golden King is the perfect example on a person who has Golden Eye but posses no Gold.
He only has the eyes for the super power, but he as a person is devoid of spiritual integrity.
Old 2019-02-16, 23:57   Link #270
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Always thought that the fragment and the gold were one and the same, or at least the power it practices are. If so, how exactly do they differ? And does that mean that someone who have a Golden Eyes doesn't necessarily possesses Gold? Like for example the Governing Council in Gahkthun or Mary in Sharnoth?

By your wording, i'd assume the Staircase isn't all that necessary in achieving the Gold as i'm pretty sure that not everyone have come into contact with it. At least the one in Inganock, assuming there were multiple of it spread throughout the world. Iru also said that it was made out of Golf at some point, did he refer to the fragment when he said that?
IIRC, only one with True Gold so far is Lily and it has no link to the fragments. The Staircase she climbed was her journey in Sona-Nyl. As for the difference, look at how Lily's Rose Witch functions vs Golden King's abilities. Effect-wise, Lily could even repel Tick Tack Man at the end of Sona-Nyl
Old 2019-02-17, 00:36   Link #271
404NotFriend

The Staircase being a metaphor for a life journey/trial is new to me. I like that, very poetic. Very cool, thanks for telling me that

Also just realized i typed golf instead of gold in my post lol. Now i can't shake off the imagery of a spiral staircase made out of entirely golf balls

Skimmed through Sona-Nyl a little bit and read its afterstories WN. Really like how Lily saved Tesla, forgave him, and then gave him a new goal for his life when hes practically knee deep in the abyss of despair
Old 2019-02-17, 01:42   Link #272
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
IIRC, only one with True Gold so far is Lily and it has no link to the fragments. The Staircase she climbed was her journey in Sona-Nyl. As for the difference, look at how Lily's Rose Witch functions vs Golden King's abilities. Effect-wise, Lily could even repel Tick Tack Man at the end of Sona-Nyl
Dr. Guy also achieved true Gold.
Maybe this is a coincidence or maybe not, but both of them overcame the trial that's machinated by Edison.
Old 2019-02-17, 01:52   Link #273
404NotFriend

What's the status of Vulthoom and Ulthar anyway? Are those two still a thing or is it completely neglected by Sakurai?
Old 2019-02-17, 03:23   Link #274
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
The Staircase being a metaphor for a life journey/trial is new to me. I like that, very poetic. Very cool, thanks for telling me that

Also just realized i typed golf instead of gold in my post lol. Now i can't shake off the imagery of a spiral staircase made out of entirely golf balls

Skimmed through Sona-Nyl a little bit and read its afterstories WN. Really like how Lily saved Tesla, forgave him, and then gave him a new goal for his life when hes practically knee deep in the abyss of despair
Lily and Guy are true heroes of Steampunk

Quote:
What's the status of Vulthoom and Ulthar anyway? Are those two still a thing or is it completely neglected by Sakurai?
Sleeping like a Lovecraftian horror in the Void. That is not dead which can eternal lie etc etc

Or more practical answer: Ask Fate franchise
Old 2019-02-17, 03:48   Link #275
404NotFriend

Nasuuuuuuuu
Old 2019-02-20, 02:31   Link #276
404NotFriend

I know this has been brought up in past pages, but Henry Ford is a really creepy dude. Are all Tick Tock Man believers creepy fanatics like him?
Old 2019-02-20, 07:38   Link #277
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Austea's pretty creepy too....But Ford might be the worst of his minions
Old 2019-09-04, 21:40   Link #278
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Can anyone please provide me an idea as to what is the novel "What a Beautiful Sanctuary" about? The characters look pretty neat.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 01:29   Link #279
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Can anyone please provide me an idea as to what is the novel "What a Beautiful Sanctuary" about? The characters look pretty neat.
That's a world line when each of the Steampunk games ended in bad ends, and ultimately the world is destroyed by Edison.
The story is about the only surviving human and a robot wondering in the now lifeless world that's haunted by zombies created by Edison.
Old 2019-09-05, 02:56   Link #280
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

And to make matters worse, each time the "robot" uses his abilities, he loses more of his humanity thanks to the effect of what the Mega Engine Clocks did to the world

Tags
喝采せよ!喝采せよ!, clock crack chrome!, lovecraftian fairytale