AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-20, 16:02   Link #61
Nabcake

So what happens after the princess dies? If she died.
Nabcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 16:44   Link #62
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabcake View Post
So what happens after the princess dies? If she died.
Havent read newest arc but
Spoiler for raw:
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 17:33   Link #63
Nabcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Havent read newest arc but
Spoiler for raw:
So how does his actions influence the kingdom?
Nabcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 19:24   Link #64
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I'm speaking in more simpler terms when comparing Ainz to Arc. Is Arc an interesting MC? What do I know about him as a character? He's a very standard and unassuming OP character. Besides saving people and commenting about Ariane's breasts every so often there's nothing else about him that stands out. And this is not just limited to Arc, but to all the characters that's been introduced.

For example, the second princess died. Why should we care? What kind of a princess was she? Do we know what kind of hopes, goals, or ambitions she held? Did her death held any meaning to us as a reader other than a plot device?

For me, there's no incentive to invest into caring about the characters so far. It's just meh so far.
Well, we know that she is the "good" one amongst the candidates for the throne, since her brothers are either corrupt enough to break the treaty with the elves or to order their sister killed.
The two of them don't mind the enslavement of elves, therefore the're evil. And thats basically all we know to care about her...

Personally, I think the "plot" is still winding up because next up we will have the assassins present "proof" of her death when she is still walking around. It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions that will provoke. Especially since whoever has the amulet in their possession can now be implicated as the person responsible for her assassination. Cue game of "hot potato"...

I agree that it is kinda "meh", but it is a pleasant kind of "meh". At least for me. Personally, I don't really care about who Arc was before the story started, because that almost never has any influence on the story except to make it easier for "generic japanese person" to literally insert themselves into Arc's shoes.
Would Arc be more sympathetic to you if you knew about his job? Or his age?
Arc is "bland", but it is also because of that that he doesn't start going around heavily forcing his own values/morals/desires on everyone around him (something a lot of badly written Mary Sues tend to do).

I don't know why, but in this story, the "boring" and "bland" MC works for me. If the story was different in some way I can't describe or determine, I would probably think the same as you and drop the story.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 22:08   Link #65
Elestia

Because she's "good" or because the brother's are "evil" does not make them interesting characters, at this point. I don't care that she died and her death is quite meaningless. Death shouldn't be use lightly ever in stories, and it just becomes silly when the inevitable resurrection by Arc passes. Relying on resurrection, especially when there is no consequences to using it, makes every scene lack tension. It cheapens everything that will happen, unless the author somehow conjures up a reason to prevent Arc from using the power.

His background helps us fill in the blanks about what kind of person he is. I'm not asking for an autobiography of his entire life, but it could be interesting to learn what kind of a player he was. it would help the reader relate to him and open up many avenues to approach to writing his character. How he acts or how his actions unfold can give us a bit of insight to who he is. If I don't really know him, I can't really empathize with him. He's a "nice" guy, or he is a bit of a "pervert" doesn't really help all that much.
Old 2016-06-20, 22:49   Link #66
Namorax

Well, it is also just the 2nd volume. There is still time to reveal more about Arc... but personally, I expect those reveals to be more about "What kind of food he likes", "What does he think about Ariane('s boobs)" and other stuff that is typical "slice of life".

Reading between the lines, I imagine that Arc is some random guy you can find everywhere on the internet... but apparently he has maxed levels in just about every class he can get/need and he still decided to wear a set of equipment that screams "I am a Holy Paladin/Good Guy". He could've been dressed like a thief, a ninja or a mage, but instead he went for the White Knight. That also says something about him.
Oh, and he isn't someone who doesn't lend a helping hand because it is "annoying" or because there is no profit for him.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 15:55   Link #67
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Like that he's keeping a low profile and even considered the many consequences if the Princess knew about Arc's Resurrection magic such as creation of a new religion(ex. Slane Theocracy).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 16:02   Link #68
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Like that he's keeping a low profile and even considered the many consequences if the Princess knew about Arc's Resurrection magic such as creation of a new religion(ex. Slane Theocracy).
If there's one thing I could give the guy credit for, it's that. Especially since he's not showing off...
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 14:07   Link #69
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

I have vol 4 illustrations... Anyone that want them just pm me
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 20:42   Link #70
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

just saw vol.3 pic in uselessno4, who's that in the pic that elf and human?, is that the captured elf and her buyer?, did he fell in love with elf?, or just make look appear like that so arc dont mess-up his place
can someone spoil the real story?
Old 2016-07-29, 21:05   Link #71
travelingbum

it's the son of the buyer.... yes they fell in love....

and that's it without going into any kind of spoiler.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 20:12   Link #72
Nvis

Hello, new chapters for all!
Old 2016-10-23, 04:06   Link #73
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Author: 秤 猿鬼
Artist: KeG
Translation link: Here

Status
2 Volumes (LN Ongoing)
4 Volumes (WN Ongoing)

Plot Summary:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup, Silver and White full body armor. This almost reminded me of Overlord at first because of the appearance but it's a bit different than that.

Story starts out somewhat violent as well when the MC (Arc) tries to save two women from bandits. The MC is kinda OP, almost like they don't know how powerful they are themselves. The story also takes a narrative point of view of the other characters like Rita. Pretty standard fantasy series so far and has potential. (also noticeable that it has medieval themes during the era but fantasy is also fairly evident with monsters that has level ranges)
Then how he boned his harem. I mean his body is full of bone right?
Old 2016-10-23, 04:16   Link #74
Breimn

He found a way to get back his body .Tough it works only for a little time at the moment.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 05:42   Link #75
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
He found a way to get back his body .Tough it works only for a little time at the moment.
Spoiler:
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 18:48   Link #76
Ratedhook522

Anybody happen to have the illustrations for volumes 4 and 5 that they can show?
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 22:53   Link #77
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Anybody happen to have the illustrations for volumes 4 and 5 that they can show?
Check the group that done the translations. I've provided them with all of the illustrations up to vol 4.
I don't have a backup to those files since my cloud server died. And I'm too lazy to scour the novel pages to get those illustrations again
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 19:55   Link #78
Ratedhook522

Just read volume 4 illustrations and who's the new character in the last picture? Is she good or is she evil???
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 20:26   Link #79
travelingbum

keeping it short and 1 word.

evil.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 21:49   Link #80
Nvis

Who is she, though?

Tags