AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-12, 16:36   Link #81
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I thought that this wasn't a bad opening episode, though not a great one.

The music is alright, I LOVED .hack//signs music, so I guess I was holding this series to a higher standard than what it has.

The only thing that really made me mad was that when he nearly gets PK'd by those two "chicks" the pink haired girl (forgot her name :-/) lets them leave. When Im playing UO or WoW, if I see someone PKing noobs, I kill them!.. then again I kill noobs .
Old 2006-04-12, 16:46   Link #82
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Does anyone know what other series Yuki Kajiura is working on now other than Tsubasa Chronical?
She's recently scored a new Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) film, and wrote the music for a live-action musical called Angel Gate, the main theme of which will be on the Silly-Go-Round single.
Old 2006-04-12, 17:53   Link #83
Winchester

Liked the OP, loved the animation quality and character design (what else is new, it's Bee Train after all...), thought the BGM was OK. Plus, it reminds me a little of my own experiences with WoW...

The ED was nothing special, though - yet another ALI Project song that sounds exactly like the last one. OK if you're hung up on exactly that type of music, but pretty boring otherwise.

Hopefully we'll get to see some *action* in this production, rather than having to wait until the game (which I won't ever play since I can't afford a console...) We know Bee Train can do it - witness Noir, Madlax or for that matter the tail end of Avenger...

SP
Old 2006-04-12, 18:01   Link #84
Scarlet

Very intersting episode. My only complaint is the music that was played during the fight between those two Player killers.
Old 2006-04-12, 18:10   Link #85
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I don't think hacking up his data would be a good idea... That might bring Tri-edge onto him.

A newbie at level 3 can't afford to have a bad-ass attitude.

(There most likely is going to be a significant time-gap from anime to the game, in order to make him famous amongst the PKers like the game trailer suggests.)
interesting... is that a fact or theory about the tri-edge thing for haseo?

so its anime, then the game?

and you'll be surprised how many newbies playing online games are.. one guy ruined my base in wc3 because i didnt help him.
Old 2006-04-12, 18:21   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
interesting... is that a fact or theory about the tri-edge thing for haseo?

so its anime, then the game?

and you'll be surprised how many newbies playing online games are.. one guy ruined my base in wc3 because i didnt help him.
The tri-edge thing is just a theory of mine. I assume Tri-Edge isn't a person, but a part of the game AI core. Assuming Hasero is a "special" player, any alteration to his data my alert any AI that could be hidden in this new version of The World. A second Morgana, if you will. (Just a theory, as I say. I could be way off base)

And yes, the anime comes first. In the start of the game, Haseo was already a renowned (and powerful) PK-Killer, capable of wiping out groups of PKers by himself with ease. Until TriEdge data-drained him and effectively brought him back down to level 1 with no weapons, he was much stronger than what the anime is showing him to be right now.

And in case you want to know, Hasero was known as "The Terror of Death" amongst PKers. So he has got to be quite a player. Worlds apart from who he is at the moment.
(and yes, "The Terror of Death" is the 2nd name of the boss character who attacked Sora near the end of .Hack://Sign. Full name is Sketh, The Terror of Death.)

In fact, most of the playable characters in the GU game have nicknames corresponding to the 7 Phases, the bosses of the previous game. Even Ovan is called "The Rebirth".

What does that mean? Who knows...

We know that what happened in the previous game was NOT documented in the .hack world, so only a select few would know anything about the phases. Is it destiny?^_^

List of the bosses in .Hack original game, their nicknames, and the name of the characters in .Hack GU who inherited the nicknames:
Spoiler:

...Just another thing, the .Hack GU website listed the characters in the order the corresponding bosses appears in the first game... Main, they are such tease, aren't they? ^_^

Lets just hope that, beside Ovan and Hasero, more characters survive long enough to reach GU....

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-04-12 at 19:02.
Old 2006-04-12, 20:31   Link #87
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Just saw the first ep. Meh. I wasn't too impressed. I liked sign but the other series sucked. The music in this one was underwhelming to say the least.
Old 2006-04-12, 20:44   Link #88
tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonrei
Wow i really like the opening song by Fiction Junction Yuuka. ZW video quality is superb. The sub is ok i guess. You'll need at least 2.2GHz for Athlon XP to play 720p h264 i think, coz that's what i have and it uses 80-100% of the CPU power most of the time. I'm using CCCP.
That's just bad coding. I barely scratch the surface of CPU utilization even when playing h264s.

Playing Last Order in h264, I run about 20% with vlc. And I'm running:

cpu0: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ ("AuthenticAMD" 686-class, 512KB L2 cache) 1.81 GHz

tweak
Old 2006-04-12, 21:48   Link #89
amonrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker
That's just bad coding. I barely scratch the surface of CPU utilization even when playing h264s.

Playing Last Order in h264, I run about 20% with vlc. And I'm running:

cpu0: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ ("AuthenticAMD" 686-class, 512KB L2 cache) 1.81 GHz

tweak
20% playing 1280x720 h264 video ?

Anyway, it really sucks to be PKed when you're a noob heh. Reminds me when i was trying out a private server for Lineage 2. Quite a big server and when i first spawn in town, there's a bunch of high levels chasing around noobs killing them with their bare hands. >_>
Old 2006-04-12, 21:56   Link #90
SlugZilla
woofles

Wtf kind weapon is he holding anyways? Swords with little darts on them? I thought they were suction cups at first. No wonder he gets PKed.
Old 2006-04-12, 23:16   Link #91
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
Wtf kind weapon is he holding anyways? Swords with little darts on them? I thought they were suction cups at first. No wonder he gets PKed.
Chain-daggers. Miniature chainsaws.

When he gets up in level he would be welding full-size chainsaws.
Old 2006-04-12, 23:53   Link #92
tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonrei
20% playing 1280x720 h264 video ?

Anyway, it really sucks to be PKed when you're a noob heh. Reminds me when i was trying out a private server for Lineage 2. Quite a big server and when i first spawn in town, there's a bunch of high levels chasing around noobs killing them with their bare hands. >_>
Yeah, 20% on my box -- checked with top. I run openBSD. Theo is really good about cleaning up the code. And that's with his new malloc.

I do think the storyline is going very well. I cannot wait to see what unfolds next.

tweak
Old 2006-04-13, 00:33   Link #93
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The tri-edge thing is just a theory of mine. I assume Tri-Edge isn't a person, but a part of the game AI core. Assuming Hasero is a "special" player, any alteration to his data my alert any AI that could be hidden in this new version of The World. A second Morgana, if you will. (Just a theory, as I say. I could be way off base)

And yes, the anime comes first. In the start of the game, Haseo was already a renowned (and powerful) PK-Killer, capable of wiping out groups of PKers by himself with ease. Until TriEdge data-drained him and effectively brought him back down to level 1 with no weapons, he was much stronger than what the anime is showing him to be right now.

And in case you want to know, Hasero was known as "The Terror of Death" amongst PKers. So he has got to be quite a player. Worlds apart from who he is at the moment.
(and yes, "The Terror of Death" is the 2nd name of the boss character who attacked Sora near the end of .Hack://Sign. Full name is Sketh, The Terror of Death.)

In fact, most of the playable characters in the GU game have nicknames corresponding to the 7 Phases, the bosses of the previous game. Even Ovan is called "The Rebirth".

What does that mean? Who knows...

We know that what happened in the previous game was NOT documented in the .hack world, so only a select few would know anything about the phases. Is it destiny?^_^

List of the bosses in .Hack original game, their nicknames, and the name of the characters in .Hack GU who inherited the nicknames:
Spoiler:

...Just another thing, the .Hack GU website listed the characters in the order the corresponding bosses appears in the first game... Main, they are such tease, aren't they? ^_^

Lets just hope that, beside Ovan and Hasero, more characters survive long enough to reach GU....
awesome....

but i dont get what you meant by surviving long enough to reach GU. is that another version of the world or something?

i downloaded zw's h.264 fansub and itsss awesome. it lagged like hell at first so i had to install the core avc... worked like a charm.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:41   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
awesome....

but i dont get what you meant by surviving long enough to reach GU. is that another version of the world or something?
Nah... I meant there must be a long gap of time between now in ep 1 of the Anime and when the game begins. And as we all know, it's not always safe to play games in the .hack universe.

The legend with Tri-Edge, is that he is a PKer who can make sure you never play the game EVER again. He just might make mincemeat out of a few characters in the anime before it ends and GU begins...

And those who saw the GU trailer will realise how downright hax Tri-Edge is. He blocked Hasero's 15+hit combo with one hand, without even moving his legs.

I won't be surprised if he become some sort of a Resident Evil invincible monster, haunting and hunting individuals as they ran.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:45   Link #95
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
awesome....

i downloaded zw's h.264 fansub and itsss awesome. it lagged like hell at first so i had to install the core avc... worked like a charm.
Well the preview/trailer of the GU game does not introduce any of the character in the anime other than Ovan and Hasero... and in one of the game magazine it said that Hasero in the game is avenging "a certain person" when he fought Tri-blade so...

The more I read and know about GU, the more I think this anime will turn into a tragedy.
Old 2006-04-13, 02:01   Link #96
tweaker

While .hack//SIGN got you caught up in the mystery of the user, this series works on a more mature level. I feel like the audience for this new series was expected to be a little older, and I like that. The animation is also nice, and the music isn't as loud as before.

tweak
Old 2006-04-13, 03:29   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just watched the subbed version...

...interesting.

It appears Ovan had been the guild master of the guild "Twilight Brigade", with the likely purpose of locating and obtaining twilight artifacts. (Epitaph? Key? Or Bracelet? Any of the three is possible.)

But guildwars had heavily decimated his guild, with many players leaving them for ever. So with only 3 players, the Guild was "destroyed" until they could hire enough new members and get the Guild status back.

Tabi and Hasero are both newbies, and they are targeted for recruitment.

But a powerful guild with a violent disposition had been observing Ovan's actions. If a powerful secret artifact exists, they want to get their claws on it. Hasero was thought to know something because Ovan pay unusual attention to this newbie, and was harrested by them for information.

That's pretty much ep 1 in a nut shell...

(Question: What is a "Second"? Those PKers, realising that Hasero is avoiding their attacks in a way not possible for a level 3 newbie, asked if he was a "Second"... And then promptly dismissed the idea and said he was just lucky.)

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-04-13 at 03:40.
Old 2006-04-13, 04:26   Link #98
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

... by 'second' i guess that they ment 'second character' or 'Alt'
Old 2006-04-13, 04:38   Link #99
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
... by 'second' i guess that they ment 'second character' or 'Alt'
Sounds about right. Thanks.
Old 2006-04-13, 07:45   Link #100
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcool
Hmm although i like the H.264 version that was released by ZW. I don't really like the resolution they chose for it... I have an AMD Athlon 1.83 GHz with 1 Gig ram, and i cant play it properly at this resolution. it lags like hell x_x
and my comp is just 1.5 yrs old now...

But yea, like i said, i like it that they released in H.264, if only at a smaller resolution.
Or using less CPU intensive settings. Good job nontheless, but unforunately i'll be sticking with the XviD version =(
Just thought I'd speak up since no one else did.

1280x720 was the resolution of the original raw that was being worked with; only TV Osaka was giving that sort of love, much like Ergo Proxy did. The reason why they're using this resolution as well as H.264 is because of that sort of quality. Even on a modern system, don't expect to be able to play this video using FFDShow (included with CCCP). You're going to have to resort to something like CoreAVC which has less CPU usage, if you expect to try to enjoy this show in its full resolution as it is supposed to be.

704x396 is a downsized resolution that was played in all of the other channels.