Notices

Old 2023-04-08, 22:58   Link #21
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Being a hakiman and a DF user aren't mutually exclusive. As Lucci once said once upon a time, there is no demerit to eating a DF (other than losing the ability to swim, obviously), you will always come out stronger one way or another. It's just important not to rely solely on it like most of the pirates of the first half of the Grand Line do.

In fact, how did Luffy win against Kaido? By awakening his DF. Relying on his haki only got him so far.
I dunno- this feels like a bad take. Keep in mind that Luffy hasn't truly mastered Haki- is proficient with it, yes... but then you see pure Haki users like Shanks and Garp (okay, I'm not sure if Garp is truly a Haki user, to be honest, though it feels like it), and they're arguably the two strongest in the series right now. And Roger himself, the freakin' KING OF PIRATES, had only Haki- okay, and the ability to hear the Voice of All Things, but still not a DF.

Yes, DF abiltiies are strong, but we see time and time again that Haki masters are still in a league of their own.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 04:45   Link #22
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And Roger himself, the freakin' KING OF PIRATES, had only Haki- okay, and the ability to hear the Voice of All Things, but still not a DF.
I assumed this hearing the Voice of all things was just a really advanced form of observation haki.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 08:02   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I dunno- this feels like a bad take. Keep in mind that Luffy hasn't truly mastered Haki- is proficient with it, yes... but then you see pure Haki users like Shanks and Garp (okay, I'm not sure if Garp is truly a Haki user, to be honest, though it feels like it), and they're arguably the two strongest in the series right now. And Roger himself, the freakin' KING OF PIRATES, had only Haki- okay, and the ability to hear the Voice of All Things, but still not a DF.

Yes, DF abiltiies are strong, but we see time and time again that Haki masters are still in a league of their own.
My point is you can be a haki master and a DF user at the same time. It's not like having a DF restricts your haki. Garp and Shanks would both be even stronger if they ate a DF.
Old 2023-04-10, 02:05   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

One of the most notable things is that Tashigi participates in the rescue, and Smoker is nowhere to be seen.

Looking at his behavior, Smoker would never dispatch his adjutant for a petty reason. If Smoker dispatch Tashigi, then there should be reason important enough for him to dispatch her.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 15:51   Link #25
Gerard07

As for Smoker, I think it is possible that he is also a member of SWORD (remembering his attitude towards the World Government seems feasible to me), maybe we will see him in action soon (although I hope he received a Power-Up).
Regarding the issue of haki and Akuma no mi, I think it's important to have a balance between the two (like Luffy and Kataguri) and not totally rely on your Akuma no mi, like Kid; which I think I almost never saw Haki used (correct me if I'm wrong, but Kid had the potential to use all 3 types of Haki correctly, but he didn't learn to see the future with it, nor how to use it to fight more effectively or not?).
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote